Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937714 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.17
« Reply #585 on: August 22, 2015, 08:41:46 AM »
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but is this mod stand-alone, or do I need to add it to a vanilla copy of Whore Master?
It is a stand alone game.

Ideally, I'd love to have a character system for gangs as the one for girls, with their stats affecting combat, kidnapping, stealing, persuading, and sabotaging instead of whoring(so no sex skills). Gangs can come as a group of random characters or specially made files for uniques(like a group made of Gundam Wing male protagonists), and you can assign sons to be a part of them, and you can individually give members items.
But that would be pretty much a whole new game, and I don't have any knowledge of coding to make it.
I do intend to add males to the game eventually but it will require a lot of changes to have the gender variables work properly.
There are a few "Male" .girlsx files out there but they are still called girls and are treated as normal females by the game.

I have added a part to make male children grow up and join your gangs for .06.02.18 if there is room in a gang.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:23:15 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Chaz

« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2015, 01:08:37 AM »
Where can I find a full list of possible girl image file names?

Offline jb28147

Offline Sorren

« Reply #588 on: September 06, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »
I have added a part to make male children grow up and join your gangs for .06.02.18 if there is room in a gang.

Glad to see that's made it in, now time for a personal gripe. There should be a Security job option in the player's house, pretty sure you'd want protection on site. Also perhaps another job option of Enforcer, which pretty much has a girl utilising a variant of the refused to pay script to seize goods/property/girls for you from owned businesses.

Offline bighawk

« Reply #589 on: September 06, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »
There should be a Security job option in the player's house, pretty sure you'd want protection on site.

Okay, you've got a conceptual reason. But what would be the practical reason? It never gets attacked. Your girls don't do anything that puts them at risk there, you apparently don't keep your money there. What'd be the purpose?

Offline Sorren

« Reply #590 on: September 06, 2015, 01:46:14 PM »
Okay, you've got a conceptual reason. But what would be the practical reason? It never gets attacked. Your girls don't do anything that puts them at risk there, you apparently don't keep your money there. What'd be the purpose?

It's always bugged me that the House is never attacked to be honest, I mean they assassinated your father.

Offline bighawk

« Reply #591 on: September 06, 2015, 01:50:51 PM »
It's always bugged me that the House is never attacked to be honest, I mean they assassinated your father.

Never said they did that in his house. 'Sides, according to the map, your home isn't technically in the city; maybe it's safer for it. Sounds backwards, 'til you think about the way the city is.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #592 on: September 06, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »
Never said they did that in his house. 'Sides, according to the map, your home isn't technically in the city; maybe it's safer for it. Sounds backwards, 'til you think about the way the city is.

True, still as it stands someone's home is generally where their most vulnerable or heavily protected depending on the individual. although now you've mentioned that all I can picture is WM with the SM3 housing choice system....

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #593 on: September 06, 2015, 05:08:14 PM »
Eh, one of the jobs is Recruiting, which (I'd assume, anyway) would require them going into the city.  And honestly, the House really should have the potential to be attacked - one of the Missions you can send your girls on is to assassinate a politician, and one way that happens is that the girl breaks into his house, murders his family, and then kills him.  The only building that really doesn't have a 'practical' reason for a specific Security job would be the Arena, and that's because the building is chock-full of monsters and warriors (your own and others'), so anyone trying anything obvious runs the risk of getting dogpiled by everyone there (and since the 'Security' mission for the Arena is City Guard, the possibility of the Arena also working with said organization is possible).

Offline Rich55

« Reply #594 on: September 07, 2015, 02:40:57 PM »
Hi, I followed the instructions on the first page but I seem to be having a couple of problems. First there are no default images and the default image link on the first page seems to be down. Second I tried adding a character pack but they never seem to show up in the game. Can anyone help thanks.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #595 on: September 07, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »
Second I tried adding a character pack but they never seem to show up in the game. Can anyone help thanks.
Which pack?  Many girls are either 'Normal' or 'Catacombs,' which means you either have to go looking on the Streets or send a Girl or Gang into the Catacombs to find her, and neither act is guaranteed to actually locate the girl.  The Slave Market is set up to only have a chance of showing Unique girls as well, so it's more likely to show Rgirls instead.

Offline Rich55

« Reply #596 on: September 07, 2015, 04:23:53 PM »
Just the first pack from Lurker's packs thread. I just tried advancing weeks and checking the market every time so that may be why as I never checked the catacombs. I'll try downloading some more and see if I get anywhere. Thanks.

Offline bighawk

« Reply #597 on: September 07, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »
Do you have the .girlsx filein the Characters folder? Not a folder in the Characters folder, but directly in it?

Offline Rich55

« Reply #598 on: September 07, 2015, 07:21:56 PM »
Yes thanks I finally found one by doing the kidnapping option with the gang, just that I couldn't find any in the market before.

Offline charuswhacker

« Reply #599 on: September 08, 2015, 06:18:40 PM »
Hi all. First, a bug; Main brothel/ Bar/ Barmaid job gives almost 100% tiredness per turn, making this job unusable. (Constitution and living conditions does not matter.)
Practical reason for your house being attacked; If I was in the other gangs shoes, I would definitely strike my enemies' home, and anywhere else I could hit.
Nothing he owned would be safe, and he would never feel safe. Yes, the arena its' self would be a bad target, but girls working city watch jobs would definitely be targets. (In a place like crossgate, that job should be dangerous for more than a few reasons.)
My opinion;
This game suffers from a lack of risk and danger. The catacombs are said to be deadly. They are not. Any girl with a combat skill over 25 mops the floor with every enemy she meets, and even a lightly trained gang never loses a fight. Jobs like beast capture/ catacombs rancher, which sound really dangerous, aren't. The farm should occasionally have monsters raiding, since it is outside the city. Don't misunderstand, I like the game, and this mod adds some very good things to it, but the danger and risk level has been very neglected. I'm hoping this mod will change that.