devolution

Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937863 times)

Offline Shadeyman7

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.27
« Reply #705 on: January 19, 2016, 01:00:27 AM »
I've been trying to make some custom girls/items, and I feel like I've been getting stumped recently figuring out what some of the abilities do, and what stats matter for each job.  I checked the lists linked in the first post, but they're not complete.  Is there any way I can figure it out?  Has someone already figured it out  and can they post a link to show me?

Offline 790 Series Lusticon Operations Unit

• I worship His Shadow.
« Reply #706 on: January 19, 2016, 03:36:10 AM »
From what I can tell;

Magic: I have no idea.
Combat: Arena, some jobs in it (like guard), used if you send a girl into the catacombs.
Service: I suspect stuff like Waitress, Maid, Barmaid.
Medicine: Nurse and the like.
Performance: Singing, entertainment.
Crafting: The arena has a blacksmith job, I assume something like that.
Herbalism: I don't know.
Farming: There's a farm you can buy, so pretty obvious.
Brewing: Maybe something to do with maid?
Animal Handling: Beast Carer job, animals on the farm.
Cooking: Likely something to do with waitress.

You can always just make a girl with whatever stats, edit the config file so custom girls appear 100% of the time, load the game up and test her if you really want to see what things effect.
May His merciful Shadow fall upon you.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #707 on: January 19, 2016, 03:40:44 AM »
I am pretty sure herbalism and brewing both relate to specific jobs on the farm.  Especially the "brew potions" (?) job.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #708 on: January 19, 2016, 09:49:43 AM »
Sorry I have not been on much lately, I a have been packing to move to a new house.
When I have time I will add more to the jobs list but here are a few things for now:

Magic helps in a lot of jobs;
* Several jobs have minor adjustments for magic.
* Item creation jobs use it to make magical items.
* Magic increases damage in combat.
Service is used in many jobs; Cleaners, Matrons, most Centre jobs
Herbalism is used mainly in the farm for creating potions and growing plants.
Animal Handling is used for any job involving animals including beast sex.
Animal Handling is knowing how to handle and train the animals, Beast Sex is knowing how to (and liking) having sex with beasts without getting hurt.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Shadeyman7

« Reply #709 on: January 19, 2016, 07:24:29 PM »
Thanks for the help!  Glad to know more about the game.  I'll probably try to figure out traits by opening up the game's trait files and looking around in them some.

Also, something I've noticed: I can't seem to give random girls more than 0 strength in the editor, which is a bit of a problem.  Is there a reason for this, or is this a bug?

Edit: realized I should be clearer about this strength bug.  I can change the strength minimum and maximum to anything I want in the editor, update it, and save.  Then when I load the rgirlsx file, it loads as having 0 min and 0 max strength.  This only happens to random girl files, not to specific girl files.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:59:11 AM by Shadeyman7 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #710 on: January 20, 2016, 12:01:46 PM »
Also, something I've noticed: I can't seem to give random girls more than 0 strength in the editor, which is a bit of a problem.  Is there a reason for this, or is this a bug?

Edit: realized I should be clearer about this strength bug.  I can change the strength minimum and maximum to anything I want in the editor, update it, and save.  Then when I load the rgirlsx file, it loads as having 0 min and 0 max strength.  This only happens to random girl files, not to specific girl files.
Found and fixed it.
It was loading NPCLove and storing it as Strength overwriting Strength.
WME.8.31 is up.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:07:58 PM by aevojoey »

Offline garloo

« Reply #711 on: January 21, 2016, 12:17:28 AM »
Great work, aevojoey. I've returned to this game after several years away, because of your improvements. I am able to successfully build whoremaster.exe using VSE2013 Desktop. For that, I made sure everything was on release, only made a few changes to values on a couple files, and built with file BrothelMaster-vse2013.sln. When I try to run my new whoremaster.exe files though, it won't open and I just get a permanent waiting circle next to my cursor. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #712 on: January 21, 2016, 02:25:18 PM »
Great work, aevojoey. I've returned to this game after several years away, because of your improvements. I am able to successfully build whoremaster.exe using VSE2013 Desktop. For that, I made sure everything was on release, only made a few changes to values on a couple files, and built with file BrothelMaster-vse2013.sln. When I try to run my new whoremaster.exe files though, it won't open and I just get a permanent waiting circle next to my cursor. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Extract the files from the zip that I release into a folder then copy your exe there overwriting the existing exe.
If that does not work I would need more information.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.28
« Reply #713 on: February 03, 2016, 11:46:23 PM »
.06.02.28 is back up

Lots of bug fixes and minor updates to fix things pointed out by Teatime.
See this for details - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1031.msg38537#msg38537

I forget to add in loading checks for new things so I remade the file.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:15:40 AM by aevojoey »

Offline seden

« Reply #714 on: February 14, 2016, 05:41:54 PM »
In case, not sure since when, but in the latest version (06.02.28) while shopping, the selection always got back to the first entry on the list, which is quite tiring (requiring to select again the next entry).

Not sure how heavy an issue it is, in any case, something quite better as it was before ?

Thanks !

Offline Shadeyman7

« Reply #715 on: March 03, 2016, 12:49:07 AM »
I have a bug where, with random girls, the not human checkbox that you have to leave unchecked to get a girl to show up underground is giving them the "not human" ability, and this ability overwrites any other "race" abilities such as Demon, Succubus, Angel, etc.  Either making the not human checkbox not cause this ability or making the ability not overwrite other racial abilities would both fix it.

Edit to avoid double posting:

Also, I've managed to figure out all of the relevant stats for most jobs, but there are a few that still confound me.

Customer Service can't appear to go beyond D in the projection, either that's a bug, or I need some weird combination of traits/stats to pass it.

I am not sure at all what makes advertising go up other than Charisma and performance and I think service and fame, too.  Maxing all of them usually leads to me having rank B advertising and sometimes rank C.  Confidence may be the missing piece between C and B, but I still don't know how to A rank it.

Cleaning has some aspect to it other than service, but I can't figure out what it is.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:43:02 AM by Shadeyman7 »

Offline Teatime

« Reply #716 on: March 03, 2016, 08:51:22 AM »
@Shadeyman: Hi! I think bugs should be posted in the bug thread, this one is for release notes. I'm replying here because you might miss the answer if I post it in the bugs thread.
The "is human?" and "catacombs?" checkboxes aren't behaving properly and it's been reported a couple times recently (once by me), the mod authors said they'll look into it.

I've tested it quite extensively and I'm not having your particular problem. I created many random girls from scratch, all with "is human" unchecked and "catacombs" checked, and they show up properly in the catacombs only. If both are checked, they show up in the slave market instead (and this is the bug they'll be working on).
I don't have the "non human" trait overwrite other racial traits though, I just checked and at least the traits Elf, Undead, Demon, Vampire and Succubus always show up properly, together with Not Human.
My suggestion is checking if you're using the latest versions of the mod and the editor, and girls created with those. If you're using old girls, try creating a new one with the latest editor and find her in the catacombs.

I can't help with the customer service and advertising jobs, I'm getting the same results with the first and haven't tried much the second.

@seden: I can confirm the shopping selection problem. If the item bought is only one, the selection goes all back up to the first item, even if there are two identical items. If it can be bought more than once (has no quantity limit, like Radicola for example), the list scrolls up until said item is the lower visible one in the shop list, but remains selected.

Offline Monty52

Re: Image Names that the game will recognize
« Reply #717 on: March 03, 2016, 10:14:41 PM »
The list/table info of image names is highly confusing.

There is a Dom and Sub category... but also a BDSM one.  Later on a statement that "Dom is for Dominatrix or Dominant in BDSM - NEW (image type BDSM supposed to be for submissive)".  Then what is "Sub" for?

What exactly are Deepthroat, Eatout, Dildo, Strapon, Les69ing, Lick, Suckballs, Cowgirl, RevCowgirl, and SexDoggy used for?  Do these have alternates?  Are they alternates for anything else?  Shouldn't Deepthroat and Suckballs be alternates for Oral (for instance)?

Offline jonwich

« Reply #718 on: March 04, 2016, 02:08:54 AM »
Not sure what's confusing about it, but then I've been playing around here for a while, so maybe I take it for granted. I'll try to explain.

I believe Dom and Sub currently are image types, but not used in the game. (Dom might be used in Torturer, I'd have to check, but I really don't think it currently is) If at some point image types are changed in certain activities so that all of these are active, I imagine it will be Dom is Dominant, Sub is Submissive, and BDSM is generic, like a picture of a girl with some BDSM gear that could go either way.

Deepthroat, Eatout, Dildo, Strapon, Les69ing, Lick, Suckballs, Cowgirl, RevCowgirl, and SexDoggy are exactly what they sound like. They are specifically supposed to be images of those types. But again, there aren't any jobs hardcoded into the game that use these at the moment. To get them to run, you would need a script. (Don't ask me mate, I'm a writer, I can barely change minor things in the code)

Something to keep in mind is that most of these image types were added recently with the idea of giving the images more control over specific actions. It'd be cool to have a deepthroat scene where you probably get a deepthroat picture. Most of these aren't active, I believe. That aside, each of them, and all the other tags, have fallback tags too. For example, if it reaches for Deepthroat and doesn't get it, it will go on to Oral, and then on to Titty, and then on to Nude, and then Profile. (As an example, since I can't recall the specific tags off hand) Basically, when these are coded in or you see them through a script, it will reach for the image, and if that girl doesn't have any images of that type, it goes through a list of possible secondaries, starting with those most closely related. That ties into the Dom/Sub/BDSM pictures too. Imagine, for instance, you had a girl in a job that displayed the Dom or Sub image, but that girl had no designated images for that, so instead it tried to pull BDSM, didn't have that, so it tried Sex/Anal/Oral/Nude/Profile etc. however it goes in the code.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is largely moot. Because the tags are so new, and most of the girlpacks on the site have been established for a long while, the player content creators making them doing things a certain way for such a long time, you're not going to find many girlpacks pre-set with these image types anyway. There are a few, from folks that are consistently updating or creating packs. (Not me personally, but that's largely because while I find the concept cool, I'd like to find a way to simplify things.)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #719 on: March 04, 2016, 04:11:36 PM »
There was a typeo in Customer service
Code: [Select]
jobperformance += (girl->confidence() + girl->spirit() + girl->beauty() +
            girl->charisma() + girl->performance() + girl->service()) / 6;
The "/ 6"  should be "/ 3" and I fixed it for the next version.
With it as 6 the total can only be 100 instead of the regular 200 for most other jobs.
This typeo is only in the estimate, the job itself uses different numbers to do the work.

Similarly, the numbers for Advertising were also on 100 scale so I changed it to a 200 scale and fiddled with the numbers a bit to make it more in line with the other jobs.
The new estimate numbers are:
Code: [Select]
            ((girl->fame() + girl->charisma() + girl->performance()) / 3) +
            ((girl->beauty() + girl->confidence() + girl->service() + girl->intelligence()) / 4);
The actual job still uses the same numbers as before.

In other news, I am moving in to my new place this weekend so I probably will not get anything done till next weekend.