devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169574 times)

Offline NKari

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #255 on: April 08, 2011, 01:43:35 PM »
No doublets in the files. I have a bug when there is doublet inside one brothel

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2011, 11:44:38 PM »
I had a faulty hard drive before so I held off adding anything until I got the new one and was sure problems weren't on my end. This is with a fresh install of the newest version (April 5th.) In normal gameplay I limit myself to adding 10 rooms per brothel if that matters, and I prioritize completing tasks. In Test mode, I'm just testing things before offering them in user mods.

Normal Play
  • Items marked temporary will not lower tiredness. They have to be marked (default/permanent) not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but it's what I got making my own items.
  • Torturer crash on next week: happens when matron tries to take her off to rest. Has only happened to me when I have a random girl set as torturer. A unique girl set as torturer has never produced this for me. Happens every time now despite the girl.
  • The afformentioned quit crash: whether I use quit or close the window directly, the game crashes. I made a habit of hitting save every time I go to the main window, so I don't lose anything, but it crashes 4/5 times when trying to close the game.
  • Known autosave problems: I never rely on autosave, since it doesn't create a .mast file it creates more problems than it solves. Fixing this could help, but I think removing it and adding an, "are you sure you want to quit?" to the quit button would be more effective.
  • Before my hard drive replace, Cammy white would hit 0 libedo, and take 200+ in items to bring her back up, then lose it in one turn. Not sure if this is from her meet script, and unfortunately I haven't gotten her since so I can't post a save file to show. If it happens again I will.

Test
  • In "Test" mode player item limit should be removed, it makes it hard to test additions.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:40:02 AM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2011, 11:57:23 PM »
just had a game crash, again, I had this a few months ago but it stopped when I started a new game (after updating to svn 600 from an addon), and didn't happen again, also my game logs have been exceeding the max upload for some reason.

what I did was, first day I walked around town get a girl, and head to the slave market, then when it went to load the girls it crashed. I recently compiled all my girl files, so that might be the issue (thought I doubt it)

game log
http://www.mediafire.com/?l71jbhfmkobao3m
girl file
http://www.mediafire.com/?z7gcgdzo32afaru
also, last part of the gamelog says
Code: [Select]
cLuaScript::load: .\Resources\Scripts\Intro.lua
************* saving dungeon data *****************
Saving Customers
*********** Saving rivals *************
saving rival: Death Road Devils
saving rival: South Coast Family
saving rival: Hilltop Gang
saving rival: Great Vigilantes
************ Saving players inventory **********
************ Saving brothels **********
Saving brothel: pop
Brothel 1 not found in list!
Brothel 2 not found in list!
Brothel 3 not found in list!
Brothel 4 not found in list!
cLuaScript::set_wm_girl: wm index at 1
running init methodinit_ref = -1
run_ref  = -1

about to call reference: -1
Script error in '.\Resources\Scripts\Intro.lua': attempt to call a nil value
script init method failed
Brothel 1 not found in list!
Brothel 2 not found in list!
Brothel 3 not found in list!
Brothel 4 not found in list!

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2011, 02:07:28 AM »
Oh, I'd like to suggest making a new sticky for bugs for each version if more versions are coming out. Reading all of this before posting took quite a while.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline sgb

« Reply #259 on: April 16, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »
I had a faulty hard drive before so I held off adding anything until I got the new one and was sure problems weren't on my end. This is with a fresh install of the newest version (April 5th.) In normal gameplay I limit myself to adding 10 rooms per brothel if that matters, and I prioritize completing tasks. In Test mode, I'm just testing things before offering them in user mods.

Normal Play
  • Items marked temporary will not lower tiredness. They have to be marked (default/permanent) not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but it's what I got making my own items.
  • Torturer crash on next week: happens when matron tries to take her off to rest. Has only happened to me when I have a random girl set as torturer. A unique girl set as torturer has never produced this for me.
  • The afformentioned quit crash: whether I use quit or close the window directly, the game crashes. I made a habit of hitting save every time I go to the main window, so I don't lose anything, but it crashes 4/5 times when trying to close the game.
  • Known autosave problems: I never rely on autosave, since it doesn't create a .mast file it creates more problems than it solves. Fixing this could help, but I think removing it and adding an, "are you sure you want to quit?" to the quit button would be more effective.
  • Before my hard drive replace, Cammy white would hit 0 libedo, and take 200+ in items to bring her back up, then lose it in one turn. Not sure if this is from her meet script, and unfortunately I haven't gotten her since so I can't post a save file to show. If it happens again I will.

Test
  • In "Test" mode player item limit should be removed, it makes it hard to test additions.
Are you absolutely certain you're using the latest version?  The libedo one in particular was fixed a while back.  I'd try going back to r485; that build was rock solid for me.  I had issues with a r593 game and reverting back to r485 resolved everything at the expensive of some minor gameplay tweaks.

Offline coloroftime

« Reply #260 on: April 16, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »
seems that adding a lot of possible traits for random girls screws with the chance of those traits actually appearing on random girls, either that or the probabilities are all messed up regardless.
i had girls with an average of ~40-45 possible traits, and in-game, they were generating with tons of traits which were only set to a 1% chance of appearing.
of course they're bound to get them from time to time, but to see 4+ traits which are set to a 1% chance on each girl is a bit uncanny.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #261 on: April 16, 2011, 10:27:21 PM »
Definately the newest version, I replaced my hard drive a couple weeks ago and only had my girls backed up. The few problems I listed are rather minor to me and don't effect my game play really so I'm fine with this version; I just mentioned them for the sake of fixes when it gets worked on again.

The Cammy White issue only happened in the last 2 out of several games where I had her in my employ. I haven't gotten her since my HD replacement, haven't had a lot of free time to play. For the time being I'll wait and see, but if it happens again I'll mess around a bit and see if I can figure something out. My previous game was passed to me by someone and it may have been an updated older version rather than the direct download of the newest which I have for sure now, so I'll correct myself if need be. Copied my pics in but left the script from the new download.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2011, 07:01:19 PM »
I can almost guarantee that I had an updated older version now. My gang warfare now is much more active than what it was. I'm not going to point it all out, but it's very noticable.

Offline some_loli_catgirl

« Reply #263 on: April 19, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »
I just wanted to mention that the version of SDL included seems to be a bad build.
Whenever I try to run Whore Master, I get a "CRT Not Initialized" error message.
After a while of working at it, I eventually figured out that the copy of SDL included was not built using the "Debug Multithreaded DLL" run time library option, so the program doesn't work.  To fix it, I rebuilt SDL using "Debug Multithreaded DLL", and the program works again.

I'll go attach the SDL.dll I built to fix it.  It's a debug build of SDL, not a release build.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2011, 10:54:58 PM »
I got the crash in the slave market again
I think it's due to a missing file or something, due to lua scripts.
due to this line:
cLuaScript::load: .\Resources\Scripts\Intro.lua

which appeared just before "saving dungeon data".
I'd attach the game log. but it's 499kb's (though if it's needed I have it)

Offline drake

« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »
The config option to alter income from extortion doesn't work

Offline zorban1090

« Reply #266 on: July 06, 2011, 02:02:38 AM »
I just downloaded the 1.30.4 beta and I extracted the contents, but when I click on the game icon I get an error saying that Whore Master failed to initialize properly reinstalling does not fix the problem. I've got .net framework 4 extended and the c++ redistributable package installed as well. I'm running on windows xp. What's wrong?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2011, 07:21:41 PM »
have you checked out all the other threads relating to the game not working? they might be able to help.

Offline E66

« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2011, 06:36:20 PM »
I recently redownloaded the game after a hard drive failure and now it won't start, telling me
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"
I have no idea what this means and a google search has not turned up much that can help

Offline Sheraz

« Reply #269 on: October 08, 2011, 05:17:37 PM »
I'm having some interesting issue when two of the girls are equally named ex."Alena". Then in the turn summary there are two tabs featuring performance of only the first girl named Alena.

Next bug I found occurred when i hired the matron to keep an eye on the girls and she was asking the girls which were assigned to have 2 free times (day/night) to work but since they were not refusing to work and had no work assigned they just prompted as working thanks to matron and had free time anyways.