Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169502 times)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »
Here is yet a third and I have noted one factor in common for all three: the red lines all stop on the same girl, my WMEdit created version of Shihouin Yoruichi.

Latest save attached. I'm going to go back to an archived save after I remove her from my active girlsx file and see what happens.

Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times begins to be a pattern.

I've tried loading one of those and it hung. Checking the game log, the last thing it indicated is that it was loading Shihouin Yoruichi. So, I found her in your save file, and it's showing a count of 30 traits (!) while the following trait list actually contains 31 traits. My first guess was that you hit the maximum number of traits, but I checked the code and it indicates the maximum is 60.
... Dug further, and found that the function which re-counts the number of traits only loops to a maximum of 30 instead of the proper constant MAXNUM_TRAITS value. Fixed.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
- The week off granted to a girl after giving birth does not replace the working shifts. Instead she gets an additional day and night shift each in which she is resting (at least when training skills while giving birth this happens, did not test it with other jobs).

Thanks, confirmed. It only happens with training, since training is handled as a special case before anything else. I'll see about fixing that.
Well, actually it also happens with matronly duties, but I don't plan to fix that one due to the horribly convoluted mess of code that would be required for it.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »
not girls, gangs. and I only have the 2 non catacomb girls. it stops occur when I switch the gangs off of catacombs.
I don't think I changed anything vital in the config file but here it is. It's also a fresh install. the only things I did to it was delete all the girls, and alter some of the config settings (to test out the preg pics). I'm pretty sure it freezes only if you are supposed to find a girl in the catacombs. and within that install I've been able to duplicate it.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
I have had it freeze while releasing a girl from the dungeon in the status screen.  Also sometime the status bar becomes unclickable when I enter the dungeon and need the double click the girl to access her info.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2010, 09:09:47 PM »
Committed:
* missing numerical config values now properly stay set to default values instead of reverting to 0
* girls with more than 30 traits would fuck things up (and probably fuck things in other directions, too)
* girls on maternity leave from giving birth no longer sneak in training on the sly

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2010, 09:15:31 PM »
not girls, gangs.

Ah, you didn't mention gangs. I assumed by "them" you meant girls, sorry.

and I only have the 2 non catacomb girls. it stops occur when I switch the gangs off of catacombs.
I don't think I changed anything vital in the config file but here it is. It's also a fresh install. the only things I did to it was delete all the girls, and alter some of the config settings (to test out the preg pics). I'm pretty sure it freezes only if you are supposed to find a girl in the catacombs. and within that install I've been able to duplicate it.

OK, I think I understand. You have no random girls specified as ones which could show up in the catacombs (monster girls), right? I could see it getting its panties in a twist over that when trying to generate a captured girl. I'll check into it at some point.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
I have had it freeze while releasing a girl from the dungeon in the status screen.

Hmm. I'll try to duplicate it. How many girls did you have in the dungeon, and were any of them dead?

Also sometime the status bar becomes unclickable when I enter the dungeon and need the double click the girl to access her info.

What "status bar" are you talking about?

Offline megamanx

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2010, 09:29:38 PM »
Sorry it is called girl details in game I just call it the status bar because it show the status of them plus I am a huge fan of RPG games, and I believe I had 10 in the dungeon and no dead the first five times it happened and the sixth time 5 dead but still had at least 10 still alive
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »
All right, thanks for the info.

So... by "status bar", you're talking about the "Girl Details" button? OK, so that button was grayed-out with a girl selected in the list who wasn't dead?

Offline megamanx

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:01 PM »
correct also just remembered as I was playing I haven't had a single encounter while walking around and i am in the second year 6th month.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2010, 10:04:09 PM »
In r452, the GirlMeet value needs to be set in the config file or it ends up with a chance of 0 (see the first fix I mentioned above).
If you used the current WMEdit to change your config, it will have removed that value, so there's your problem.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
Bug with dungeon.

Certain actions that normally drop girl health (Torture, force) are actually increasing health.

This is only with certain girls. I just ran across this so I'll post more info as I encounter it with more girls and try to pin down something common between the girls it is happening to.

Edit: Pinned down one of them. You sometimes get a message "you where a bit heavy handed" when torturing girls. 2 times I have gotten that message and both times the girl gained health instead.

The forced one is being a bit harder to pin down.
Edit2: Pinned it down. Girls with the tough trait are gaining 1 health in the dungeon during a force event. (doesn't matter which)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:01:03 PM by Lorde »
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline drake

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2010, 10:39:29 PM »
Were they Tough, cause I thought that was intended.  There is something kinky about healing a girl 1% by force-feeding her your cum.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2010, 11:04:11 PM »
Were they Tough, cause I thought that was intended.  There is something kinky about healing a girl 1% by force-feeding her your cum.

Yes they where, and this never happened before. So don't think it's intentional.

Also, The phrase super protein drink comes to mind.  :D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline megamanx

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2010, 11:30:14 PM »
Where is the latest WM editor I haven't seen it yet.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.