Author Topic: when will 1.30 come out  (Read 58512 times)

Offline LordJerle

Re: when will 1.30 come out
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
I think everything in this topic says "The natives are restless" :P
Maybe a bit horny too xD

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2010, 07:18:13 PM »
Guilty as charged.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »
Yes, this project has no organization or time frames... basically there is no project management going on at all. Its not too late to rescue this project from becoming vapor but I don't think anyone wants to take up the mantle of project manager, which would be a harder job as all the coders have other commitments and only work on this project as they find time. Certainly this is a lesson for the future and I will in future be organizing things from the start.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline sgb

« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
In fairness, I don't think anyone actually expected the game to become popular enough to get a 'team' in the first place.  As I said, it really might be for the best to just polish 1.29 as much as possible and shelve the project for the time being.  There's no point in making something overly ambititious when you aren't getting paid for it, and probably never can get paid for it (impossible to sell unless you hire someone to make some copyright free girls in the core package).  Hammer as many bugs as you can out, call it a day, and decide what you want to do in the future.

What you've made on your free time is a remarkable concept, and the best of the hentai sim games I've played.  Nobody will hold it against you if you want to move on to bigger and better things now that you've gotten some experience.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:27:44 PM by sgb »

Offline altereggo

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »
Slow, unorganized development could probably work as long as the devs don't bite off more than they can chew each time, and have a detailed plan for each minor release. But I guess for that kind of planning work you'd need some kind of manager, or at least a lot of very on-topic contact between devs.
From what I can tell, reworking the entire jobs system was a huge task that the legacy code made more difficult than it seemed.

I think some proper documentation on the config, the editor, and making girls, (along with pimping on hentai forums) could bring in a lot of user-made content, which could revitalize things a little; I remember trying out rapelay, and noticing how many mods got posted on Hongfire.
Maybe that's something I could do (the first part anyway), since my coding skills are obviously not up to working on the trunk.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2010, 03:37:51 AM »
To be fair, "slow unorganised development" gave us some extremely rapid development for a number of months. It's just that this particular change turned out to be a lot more far reaching that we anticipated, and that can happen in the most carefuly planned of projects.

As for user defined content - we have loads. Probably about as much as we're going to get with the current scripting system. I still want to make that Lua integration mod though.

Offline jarto

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2010, 11:41:17 AM »
I'd be happy as long as the dummied out interactions in 1.29 are added. The new jobs are pretty much superfluous.

Offline fixet

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »
The new jobs are pretty much superfluous.
if by "superfluous" you mean "the  heart and soul of the game", then yes. yes they are

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »
I'd be happy as long as the dummied out interactions in 1.29 are added. The new jobs are pretty much superfluous.

Actually ... which dummied out interactions?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2010, 08:56:08 PM »
I think he's referring to the player interactions with the girls, a few of which are not yet implemented.

Offline sgb

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2010, 11:32:31 PM »
The whole 'arena' bit and expanded simulation elements you had planned sound like a great starting place for an entirely new game idea; but I kind of had a feeling integrating all that into an already complex game would just be a bit much.

I still want to make that Lua integration mod though.
That would probably be the biggest gain for the community.  Simply being able to customize the Meet Girl interactions would inject a lot of personality into the game.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:45:20 PM by sgb »

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2010, 12:18:43 AM »
I have a crazy idea bout integrating it into Wrestling MPire 2008 since it's open source, but I lack the coding skills and modeling skills necessary to pull off such a project xD
LOL management edition could be modified so you can sell the asses of your wrestlers then make them fight afterwards >.>
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:46:20 AM by LordJerle »

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2010, 05:44:53 PM »
I have to agree that lack of organization provided for some rapid development. But definitely got carried away with adding things.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »
im new here so i might have just missed something, but i keep looking around and seeing mentions of things i never saw in the game.

am i running a old version or something? im on 1.29.4.6 beta

things like girls stealing, or the arena or a bugfix that means girls can wear dresses/shoes/rings/ect at the same time  (or was that talk about thats not implemented yet?)

yeah, didnt think this was worth making a new thread for.

and what is this "new job system" you all keep talking about?

Offline sgb

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2010, 09:11:38 PM »
It's been on 1.29.6 for some time now.  Anything else you've heard are just suggestions or planned additions to 1.30 whenever it comes out.