Author Topic: when will 1.30 come out  (Read 58439 times)

Offline Kalebon

Re: when will 1.30 come out
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2010, 08:04:23 AM »
I am wonder where you can find the download for that (ver 1.29.6), I have not seen it yet.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2010, 08:44:34 AM »
1.29.4.6 is the current version.

Offline Zazael

« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2010, 01:48:49 AM »
Hi,

don't want to get on your nerves but, are there any news about the release of v1.30?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »
zazael, if you're following the developer board, you know as much as we do. Things have been quiet lately. I'm still plugging away at the lua scripting, but had nothing much to report this last week.

Offline Cayran

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2010, 09:15:06 AM »
i acidently found this game on hongfire and been playing it for a while just found this forum bye acident aswel when i was looking for update on this game and i must say that i realy apriciate the work the developers are doing the new job system whit animal farm looks very intresting to me :p hope the release wil be here soon but il await patiently cos i no coding can be hard work from a friend keep up the work dev team looking forward to update

(building managment post at page 2 realy made me drool in exitement )
your loyal new fan (probaly sounds corny :p

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2010, 12:32:22 AM »
Yes, all the coders on this project have many other things that take up a lot of time. I manage to find time to do some work on it once a week or so. Its getting done, but slowly.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline reapermaan0

« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2010, 12:28:58 AM »
thanks to you necno and everyone else working on this game.  can't wait to see the patch ;D

Offline iceman

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »
Any idea on the progress specifically? Last update being December of last year; its been quite a while!
If you guys would open up access for anyone willing to help out to move the project along - that could help break the apparent deadlock maybe.  :-[

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
Any idea on the progress specifically? Last update being December of last year; its been quite a while!
You can read the Developer Discussion board to see what's being worked on.

If you guys would open up access for anyone willing to help out to move the project along - that could help break the apparent deadlock maybe.  :-[

If you look to the top right of the page, you'll see:
News:
Source code access now available

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2010, 02:46:41 AM »
4 months.... we have some busy developers. At least the project is still going. Unlike some of the other H games. The interesting thing in my opinion are the thoughts of taking the WM engine and making a commercial game out of it. It's been talked about in the Developer discussion... but since there's not a whole lot going on in this thread. I think I'll hijack it and discuss that here.

As far as taking the engine and making something commercialized with it, I think you'd be better off just taking sex out of it completely. Yes, it's true sex sells. But WM has a lot going for it already without that. Once the job system starts up. You could easily assign these jobs to workers. Since in WM there's slaves and free girls, you could just turn that to two different types of units. Unlicensed and licensed perhaps? Unlicensed units can do simple things like clean up, and basic construction. While licensed can take over research labs and weapon development (whatever the jobs are in the game) You already have the gang thing going for the game.

Offering a percentage or something of how much of the game is complete will give some perspective as to how much of the land you own. If you could sell the game as an ipod or droid app what have you. There's definitely money to be made there. Just got to offer some sort of progress and some over-all goal. 
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline fixet

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2010, 09:07:57 AM »
well necno did say he'd be done with WM in two months' time.... 40 days ago

which is actually not that good

Offline slpowerhouse

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2010, 12:52:22 PM »
if this is true than that release should include all the source code so that anyone could continue developing this game. I know that the source code is currently available but I have not figured out how to download it yet,  I really want to fix some of the easier bugs in the 1.29.4.6 release that annoy me while I'm playing.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
get tortoise svn
install it
right click on an empty folder
go to the tortoise svn submenu and check out svn://pinkpetal.org:3693/whm_svn

That should get you everything.

Offline sgb

« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2010, 12:26:36 AM »
I am kind of curious why the devs don't just release another bugfix version at this point.  Releasing fixes stopped because 1.30 was supposed to be around the corner.  It sounds like there's very little enthusiasum from the devs to finish 1.30 anymore (and I'm not blaming or critisising you guys; I can completely understand why you're sick of it), so why bother?  Sure, everyone always wants more features but 1.29 is pretty good for a first major project attempt.  Release a patch for the various minor issues that still plague it (and I know resolutions to most of these have already been found, if not by the dev team then by others) and call it a day.  If someone wants to finish 1.30 one day, great.  If not, a finished 1.29 looks better than leaving it at 1.29.6 because you're holding off for a major update that may never come.

Even if you get a released 1.30 at this point, it will undoubtedly introduce many new bugs and crashes.  Bugs and crashses the devs probably aren't going to want to address anytime soon.  It might suck, but part of being a good project manager is knowing when to cut your losses and pull the plug when need be.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2010, 03:38:11 AM »
I thought the whole wait was due to completing the over-all job code. If 1.30 is playable due to missing a few jobs then yeah, I don't see why it shouldn't be released.

If there's other underlying factors then I apologize... but from what I read of the dev board that seems to be the case. Because at this point what SGB is saying seems to have some shred of truth to it. 1.30 just may never come.

A LOT of games hit this point where they just slowly stop... it's a very depressing situation for such a great game.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:04:44 AM by Mehzerz »
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go