devolution

Author Topic: Getting unstuck part 2  (Read 2404 times)

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
Getting unstuck part 2
« on: May 10, 2010, 02:06:21 AM »
Just curious if anyone has any idea what would case this error:
1>.\cBrothel.cpp(2678) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'std::string' to 'sBrothel *'
1>        No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

Trying to build the trunk again since I think one of my girl folders is screwing up on the game though can't be totally sure. Might just put the save game on the bugs list.

-Xorg

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Getting unstuck part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 02:29:08 AM »
Just curious if anyone has any idea what would case this error:
1>.\cBrothel.cpp(2678) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'std::string' to 'sBrothel *'
1>        No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

Trying to build the trunk again since I think one of my girl folders is screwing up on the game though can't be totally sure. Might just put the save game on the bugs list.

-Xorg

That's this line, then?
Code: [Select]
current = current->m_Next;I don't see how that would be getting confused as a string then, no.

You're using Visual Studio, right? If you right-click the "m_Next" and choose "Go to Definition" or "Go to Declaration", it should take you to the line in cBrothel.h declaring it as
sBrothel* m_Next;

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
Re: Getting unstuck part 2
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 02:49:25 AM »
Yeah, using VS2009 and Go to Declaration brings it up in cBrother.h on line 291
typedef struct sBrothel
{
    int m_id;
    string m_Name;

Personally think VS is being picky once again.