devolution

Author Topic: The Kobold Wizard's Dildo Of Enlightenment, +2  (Read 9676 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python

Offline RyRain

Re: The Kobold Wizard's Dildo Of Enlightenment, +2
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 06:38:51 AM »
See, as amusing of a concept as this is, it's got a major flaw...primarily in the fact that most male players (which in my experience makes up at least 80% of D&D players) feel that it's too awkward to role-play stuff like this. Playing a female character that you fantasize about in a video game is one thing...playing as one in situations where you have to role-play out your characters response to having something stuck inside you (or the gm is going to have to describe it, I'm not sure what's worse) is something entirely different. XD And if you could actually get a female to do this...ask her out. Now. :P

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 07:03:56 AM »
I think it depends on the group. I knew a crowd at uni who did this all the time. All of them played idealised female fantasy objects, and they were always trying to get them laid or raped or something of the sort.

Personally, I'm with you - I could never see the point, myself. But such games do exist.

[edit]

That said, the main reason I posted it was that it reminds me unfomfortably of sending girls into t he catacombs to "adventure"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:06:09 AM by DocClox »

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
Until I read the description I thought it was going to be a module(It even says module on the cover, but it's not one) or perhaps even a game system. As a book I might actually buy it, but I don't think it'd work for as a system or module for the reasons RyRain said. Yeah, I'm pretty much guaranteed to buy this. Mellick is one of my favorite Bizarro writers, and I still go back and read Adolf in Wonderland and Ugly Heaven, Beautiful Hell from time to time.

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 01:17:16 PM »
The sad thing is that the game makers created an entire rulebook covering sex and fetishes.

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10739.phtml

It's got everything from sex based character classes to the mating habits of kobolds.  I think they made 4th edition rules specifically to get away from this.
The rules were written by people who couldn't win without them.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »
I think it depends on the group. I knew a crowd at uni who did this all the time. All of them played idealised female fantasy objects, and they were always trying to get them laid or raped or something of the sort.

Whats worse is when you actually get a woman roleplayer in a group. There is a high chance you will have at least one person constantly thinking up ways to rape her character. Even if she is playing a male. Even after she tells him to knock it off. Even after the whole group tells him to knock it off. And this same guy will wonder why she isn't playing in your group any more. Will also be honestly confused as to why "Passive aggressive fantasy rape" might be construed as creepy.

Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 02:29:52 PM »
Whats worse is when you actually get a woman roleplayer in a group. There is a high chance you will have at least one person constantly thinking up ways to rape her character. Even if she is playing a male. Even after she tells him to knock it off. Even after the whole group tells him to knock it off. And this same guy will wonder why she isn't playing in your group any more. Will also be honestly confused as to why "Passive aggressive fantasy rape" might be construed as creepy.

... High chance? Either I'm very lucky, or the gamers in your area are pretty over the top. Maybe it's the system, but for some reason I'd expect that sort of thing to be more common in Exalted, not less... Or maybe I'm just discounting players like me, that'll use any character with a high appearance as a replacement for the resources background. Yeah, that's probably it. But then I don't care if the character is played by a male or female.

(The following conversation is paraphrased, as there was a lot more yelling and a short fistfight)
Roommate: "You gave my character, my MALE! character, to a group of hideous wyld mutants to be gangraped! We could've fought our way through easy!"
Me: "Yeah, but I didn't want to waste the essence and my limited flamepiece ammo in case there was something more dangerous in the ruins."
Roommate: "My character was gangraped!"
Me: "Well, maybe you shouldn't have given him a five appearance without having enough willpower to ignore my social-fu. Besides, we came back for you after we found those warstriders in the ruins, didn't we? We even got you one!"

Offline Lorde

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 02:51:17 PM »

(The following conversation is paraphrased, as there was a lot more yelling and a short fistfight)
Roommate: "You gave my character, my MALE! character, to a group of hideous wyld mutants to be gangraped! We could've fought our way through easy!"
Me: "Yeah, but I didn't want to waste the essence and my limited flamepiece ammo in case there was something more dangerous in the ruins."
Roommate: "My character was gangraped!"
Me: "Well, maybe you shouldn't have given him a five appearance without having enough willpower to ignore my social-fu. Besides, we came back for you after we found those warstriders in the ruins, didn't we? We even got you one!"

Ahahahaha That is funny. But yeah,  the few times I have played with women in the group, there was "That guy" in the group as well. So I am just basing my numbers on my own experiences and some experiences from other players I talked to after the fact. Maybe I just had bad luck as apposed to you having good luck.

Note: Here is an example of  what I'm referring to when I say "That Guy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37WlxhMF2dA

Truly clueless as to why what he is saying is just creepy. Also, enjoy how the GM flips out over all this. Probably not the best way to handle the situation.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 03:31:05 PM »
Ahahahaha That is funny.
That entire campaign was filled with things like that. Though that had to do a lot with me playing a character that was twice as magnificent and twelve times the bastard of any character I've ever played. God I loved that character.

But yeah,  the few times I have played with women in the group, there was "That guy" in the group as well. So I am just basing my numbers on my own experiences and some experiences from other players I talked to after the fact. Maybe I just had bad luck as apposed to you having good luck.
Hmmm, i don't think it's much of an issue with luck. Probably has to do with the groups I play with almost always having one or two girls playing. The main Gm I play with is a woman too.

Note: Here is an example of  what I'm referring to when I say "That Guy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37WlxhMF2dA

Truly clueless as to why what he is saying is just creepy. Also, enjoy how the GM flips out over all this. Probably not the best way to handle the situation.
That guy doesn't seem totally clueless as much as he seems to be trolling. But I have run into someone who does the creepy rapist thing before without realizing whats wrong, but only once. Who ended up tied to the bed of a promiscuous Orangutanman... I'm really starting to realize the groups I play with probably looks like a bunch of creepy rapist guys/gals, and only aren't because we only do things like that when our characters would do things like that.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »

Hmmm, i don't think it's much of an issue with luck. Probably has to do with the groups I play with almost always having one or two girls playing. The main Gm I play with is a woman too.

See when I used to play, there where so few female players and a female GM would have been unheard of. There might have been a bit of a "Boys club" attitude towards women who play. Maybe that's why I witnessed "That guy syndrome" so often back then.

That guy doesn't seem totally clueless as much as he seems to be trolling. But I have run into someone who does the creepy rapist thing before without realizing whats wrong, but only once. Who ended up tied to the bed of a promiscuous Orangutanman...

There is always the possibility of trolling, but I ran into enough people that hang on to shaky logic (Of course he is gonna talk I just rapped him if he doesn't talk I'll keep rapping him) in a game session to not discount genuine stupidity. Also, could just be people acting for the camera.

Also, Orangutanman rape is the proper way to deal with "That Guy Syndrome". Either that or "Rocks fall, you die" him out of the game.  :D
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
Either that or "Rocks fall, you die" him out of the game.  :D
That doesn't exactly work in Exalted. "Rocks fall, you die" is met with "Reflex Sidestep Technique" combo'd with "Adamant Skin Technique" , "Seven Shadow Evasion", "Heavenly Guardian Defense", or any other number of perfect defense charms. It's part of why I like Exalted. If you're pissing the GM off, they have to find creative ways to punish and kill you.  ;D

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 04:33:12 PM »
Cows falling from the sky.

If need be, armour piercing, heat seeking cluster bomblet munition cows. Possessed by Satan if need be.

If I'm GMing and I decide someone just died, then they died. GM Fiat > Game Mechanics.

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
But then you have the Twilight activating investigation charms, figuring out how that managed to ignore a perfect defense, then spending the rest of his time building a device or researching a spell to replicate it's effects! With that kind of power and the Berserker Anger virtue flaw he's a threat to everything! And with the Solars being scattered and underdogs, the Sidereals have no chance to pull of another Usurpation! You've doomed all of Creation!  :D

If it isn't obvious, I love Exalted for it's sheer audacity to tell the players "Okay, you're the host of a piece of the God of Perfection's, who is addicted to a game that perfectly embodies the concept of addiction, soul. Your job is supposed to be to beat the hell out of gods when they get out of line, but no one really expects you to not indulge in whatever the hell you want. You're also partially insane, but in a pretty specific way, defined by the virtue you most adhere to. What do you do"

Offline Lorde

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »
Christ, and I thought 2nd edition Dark Sun lvl 30 characters where broken. (Trying to recreate the steps to become a Sorcerer King is fun. Especially since the rules tell you in no uncertain terms not to do this.) But considering the rules for DS where so damn brutal, an average level 10 DS character could probably shit things that would scare a Pit Fiend. Nevermind level 30, if you survive to level 20 in that campaign, you have earned the right to Grant spells to followers as a god would. Command legions of undead to conquer cities. Or suck up an entire city states worth of Souls to generate enough magical energy to drop one of Athas' moons down on another city state... For shiggles of course.

But all this is under the framework of a Campaign that Requires you make 4 characters. Because you are going to die. A lot. Sometimes because you ran out of water. Sometimes because the Athasian Dragon needs your soul to keep the First Sorcerer imprisoned. And everything in between is going to kill you just as fast.

Now a rule set that just gives the players license to go ape shit right out of the box? That's just so beautifully wrong. I'm gonna have to look into Exalted.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »
But all this is under the framework of a Campaign that Requires you make 4 characters.

Have a nice day. Citizens of Alpha Complex are reminded that failure to have a nice day is punishable by summary execution.

The Computer Is Your Friend.