devolution

Author Topic: UI suggestions  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Orden

• Donator
UI suggestions
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:01:01 PM »
After playing a while, may I offer my suggestions on UI improvements:
  • The "Job selector" can greatly be improved. The current one takes a lot of space and does not show the selected day and night activity at the same time. It can be done under the form of 2 text areas, one for day and one for nights. When an area is selected, a contextual menu shows the jobs. They are regrouped by "job types" as it's done now and the actual jobs are in sub menus. We must keep the number of persons currently doing this job between parenthesis. When a clicking  the job of a girl in the girl management table, the contextual menu can be also displayed.
  • The "Dialog engine" can be also improved to allow the display of images (or maybe sounds ?). When you meet a girl in the town, you can see her. Images can be also displayed when interacting with characters in dungeons.
  • On girl details, a button to open the last turn report on her section.
  • In the turn report, could be nice to have more explicit labels instead of "event" or "Day shift". Could be "Girl kidnapped" or "Anal performance". It's a kind of short title for all items so you can have a resume of the activity without having to click on all the events.
  • In the girl management table, it could be nice to have the possibility to add columns with other stats, so you can sort and see who is the best fighter or stripper or who need to go to the dungeon.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: UI suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 08:20:49 AM »
Some good ideas there. I thought about something very similar to what you suggest for a job selector button, and the dialog engine should eventually get just such an overhaul, along with the rest of the scripting system.

I like the idea of replacing "event" with a short description, and might see if I can fit that into my worklist. The girl details idea is nice, but probably a bit more work than I have a mandate for right now.

I won't comment on adding columns into tables, since that's Dagoth's code

Offline krakr

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »
:-P I doubt posting here is considered graverobbing or whatever. More convenient & cleaner for the board than starting a new post anyway.

I'm a computer gamer from DOS days, so text doesn't bother me so much. My suggestions are more on the line of Brothel/dungeon management.

Inventory management is my major pet peeve & it CAN be simplified, I'm just not a coder. It doesn't become that huge a deal till you get a good sized stable of ho's, but then it gets repetative & I'm the one that feels like I'm in the dungeon, slave to exhaustion/health.

The multi-select dungeon feature for torture is a time saver.
Coding multi-select 1 M(or S) health/tired buff shouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Of course coding auto heal or incense would be stellar on the model of brothel option> auto use/buy anti-preg
Setting a default tired % figure to not go beyond would kick ass once you have the cash not to care how may buffs you use.
Unfortunately that option would require some math on the lines of
IF tiredness >30 AND <50 THEN GOTO line 51 ( with appropriate tags etc...) LOL that's a BASIC equation  hehe Line 51> use 1 S Incense
If tiredness >50 THEN goto line 52 ..... Line 52> use 1 M incense

I've currently got about 150 ho's in 2 operating brothels and my dungeon. my 3rd brothel is pretty much training ground & #4 is totally empty (I bought them all to finish quests) Honestly I just wanna see my grandaughter/daughters come of age lmao. I impregnated every daughter I currently have, how twisted is that?

I realize that either option requires editing the .exe so I'm not holding my breath. I just thought I'd put it out there for you to think upon & hopefully act upon.  Thanks to everyone for their hard work on this game.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 01:28:49 AM »
I impregnated every daughter I currently have, how twisted is that?

this has to be said.... well i know someone is thinking it so imma say it. WHY WERE YOU FUCKING YOUR DAUGHTERS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Offline Ctwo

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 06:39:21 AM »
this has to be said.... well i know someone is thinking it so imma say it. WHY WERE YOU FUCKING YOUR DAUGHTERS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Because nobody implimented code for the effects of inbreeding?
 Honestly, I don't think I've run a game long enough for daughters to start showing up in the first place.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »
In fact there are one or two negative (game) traits that only occur when a child is born out of incest.

Can't remember the details offhand, but they are definitely there.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 06:33:31 PM »
one trait is "Retarded" and another is "Malformed".
yes i have gotten both on several occasions.
*joined the perv-list*
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 07:20:24 PM »
o.0 :O ya i have player pregnancy down to .000000000000000000001

Offline krakr

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 10:54:23 PM »

LMAO 2 reasons actually.

1 I'm twisted,
2 I wanna do just about every possible thing I can just to see the outcome.

As far as retarded, I got the cure for that & I got 1 girl,  "Orihime Inoue" that came retarded already.

It'll be a while till I have my own granddaughters tho since I didn't edit the config file to change gestation or anything else. *creepy chuckle*