Author Topic: if docClox read this  (Read 10098 times)

Offline NWN12

• I am who
if docClox read this
« on: May 12, 2011, 03:23:08 AM »
How do you make whoremaster.the game is  great ,but you shouldn't leave,what if you tell us how to make the game.

Offline Ctwo

Re: if docClox read this
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »
Umm...this is a really confusing post. While I understand not everybody is going to be a native english speaker here I can honestly say there is no way I can understand what NWN12 is asking about.

Maybe he want's to know if Doc is quitting the dev team? He's already said he is taking a long sebatical (break) from working on WM. Right now he is helping out with Otherworld. When he gets back to working on WM again he'll at a bare minimum take care of what he promised to (You'll have to search for a list of those). There is also a good chance that he'll feel energized and work on a few new features...or a completely new game. He was working on 2 WM related projects when he left but he got exicted about Otherworld and has been putting in a lot of effort there.

As for "telling you how to make the game"...you could read his blog http://docclox.blogspot.com/ where he talks about programming. I'm not sure if that would help you at all.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »

As for "telling you how to make the game"...you could read his blog http://docclox.blogspot.com/ where he talks about programming. I'm not sure if that would help you at all.

Yeah, that's about the size of it. Blog's been neglected a bit while I've been hacking on Otherworld. It seemed a bit odd to be posting otherworld/flash stuff there - don't ask me why.

How to build the game? Well, a howto would be a good idea, but I'm probably not the best person to write it, unless anyone wants to Linux and build the game with make and gcc. Most folks seem to prefer VS2010 and I don't have much advice to offer there.

As for hacking on it: learn a bit of C++, check the current code out, and play around with a local copy. Don't try and understand it all at once: just focus on the change you want to make and try and understand that bit.

Offline leiric

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:21:07 PM »
I'm new to WM, so the question might be somewhat stupid; IS docClox leaving the WM dev team?
I don't like you.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »
Not "Leaving" it... just taking a perpetual leave.

Or coming back in the summer... wait, it's the first day of summer so he should be back.

Maybe the end of summer?

Just taking a perpetual leave.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 04:47:30 PM »
he has said elsewhere that when he said summer he was thinking august.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 10:51:51 PM »
I'm holding him to that, even though he'll probably take another hiatus immediately after this one ends.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »
I'm holding him to that, even though he'll probably take another hiatus immediately after this one ends.
Could you give it a rest?

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »
Could you give it a rest?
Excuse me if I don't trust him and his 4 dozen incomplete projects. I basically just said I'm going to wait until then to call him out on it when he undoubtedly doesn't continue working on it and I'll actually be completely justified in saying this.

How bout you give it a rest instead of calling out someone you KNOW will respond this way and making things worse?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 02:24:58 PM »
I asked if you could give it a rest because whenever a conversation even remotely has something to do with docclox you have to chime in with an insult or snide remark. Every time. Unfailingly.

Of course, if it has to come down to it, I have the ability to make you give it a rest. It is not a request at this point.

mothballd

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 10:50:08 PM »
I believe I've made my opinions on this clear to the moderators (unless the mail system has been broken) but I'd like to just make it absolutely clear that the only negative side to being a longtime reader of this board has been watching ShiningRadiance antagonize Docclox.   Docclox, no matter any faults anyone has with him, has made SIGNIFICANT productive contributions to this game with no or extremely limited personal gain.   I have not seen any contributions from ShiningRadiance to the game whatsoever and his role in this community is that of a troll.

For the extent that ShiningRadiance has used this board to pursue his idiotic vendetta against Doccox it genuinely pisses me off that ShiningRadiance is still able to post on this board.

Offline markus0i

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 02:07:54 AM »
From what I've seen/read, Doccloxx seem like a good guy and I hope he keeps up the good work on whatever projects he wants.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 02:50:21 AM »
He? Well I'm partial to futa, but...

Yes, I'm aware I'm a horrible person who should go cut herself.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT. GAWD.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:52:04 AM by ShiningRadiance »

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 02:54:44 AM »
ShiningRadiance means well, it just doesn't always come off that way. However, I feel like the topic should be locked and no longer discussed. If Doc Clox wants to work on the game he will do so. There's no point in posting how much we miss him and how much we'd like WM to progress. I'd consider the game "complete" for now... I'm pretty positive if anyone takes it over, it'll be re-done from scratch.

Don't hold your breath for any updates folks!
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 11:59:58 PM »
So did the Doc come back and I just missed his posts, or is he busy with something else, or what's happening with the project?