Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 477355 times)

Offline Popuri

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #450 on: January 16, 2012, 11:45:35 PM »
Realistically, it's probably better to stick with vanilla WM, or the new patch that sentza is working on.  Unless FUTURE comes back and decides to either restart his work or share his source, there's not much we can do to address any bugs/problems that EX has.

Offline Sheraz

« Reply #451 on: January 18, 2012, 05:14:37 AM »
This is not that the girls do not exp. They do, 1 exp per 1 chore in my case, so they get exp range from 1-8 weekly, also not every level raises their traits/stats, its purely random. Basically this proclaimed learning (There are also negative traits) and gaining stats randomly occurs when : She ages 1 year, she gains level, every time she works there is a minute chance (not in every job). You can try loading and reloading saves until you are satisfied. , this would be great if someone optimized this and developed more options to this.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #452 on: January 18, 2012, 06:03:10 AM »
Realistically, it's probably better to stick with vanilla WM, or the new patch that sentza is working on.
Indeed. I'll probably stick to Daisy_Strike's Otherworld for now.

Sheraz, traits are random only when girl ages 1 year. Other traits depends on current work and how much girl likes it. So mostly there is no such a thing as negative trait, all of them are useful for the _current_ work (except for random traits, of course), since they give stats bonuses.
You can reload, but sooner or later girl will has them. I think so, at least.

Offline bobjohn

« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Indeed. I'll probably stick to Daisy_Strike's Otherworld for now.

Sheraz, traits are random only when girl ages 1 year. Other traits depends on current work and how much girl likes it. So mostly there is no such a thing as negative trait, all of them are useful for the _current_ work (except for random traits, of course), since they give stats bonuses.
You can reload, but sooner or later girl will has them. I think so, at least.

that got release?

i thought it was still full of bugs and stuff

Offline jozsi1

« Reply #454 on: January 25, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »
About WM EX...

Nice idea, crap execution...

My story: 1st week. I get 4 girls, 1 security, 1 advertising/cleaning, 2 barmaid/waitress
Secu girl has basic 10 fight skill (best of random girls). I bought her a longsword and a plate mail (yes, I changed the starting money).

Event: attack, 2 girls (a secu and a barmaid) got low hp...
1 girls refused work....

Ok, I get 2 new girls (I seriously changed the starting money), to replace the low hp ones.

2nd week: things run normally, only 1 girl refuse job...

3rd week: [size=78%]attack, 2 girls (a secu and a barmaid) got low hp...[/size]
1 girls refused work....

Ok, I still had money, so I get 2 more girsl (the 1st hurted ones still not ready to serve again...) to replace them...

Things run normally...

4th week: the 1st week girls get back their health, so go back work! Now I had separated night and daytime secu girl.

Things run normally, only 1 refuse job...

5th week: things run normally, I started to hope...

6th. week: attack, 2 girls on low hp... No prob, 2 other just get ready to work again...

7th week: attack, 2 girls on low hp, again... My last money to replace one...

8th week: attack 2 girls to low hp... No money to replace any...

9th week: attack.......

10th week: never come, I delete game.

I started with 10k! gold. Give the best buyable swords and armors to security girls... And they get down easily...

So, this is NOT a game. WM EX is a CRAP.

Thanks to THE FUTURE to show me what I really hate in games...

Ofc, I could change enough it to become playable. But I WONT. I tried it before. WM EX is basicly not gives enjoyment, just push up blood pressure. If someon modifies it with editor, it become too easy....

BTW one more things: the game name is Whore Master... I did not see any whore in the game (never reach it). But girls, with 37 looks (high in WM EX, but deeply under avarage girls look by common sense), well only truck drivers would do those girls....

Offline Uriel

« Reply #455 on: January 25, 2012, 04:06:49 PM »
Strange, i was able to play it somehow. No prob on a first run.
And not only me, i think.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #456 on: January 25, 2012, 05:56:54 PM »
I don't know if I've posted this before, but I'm going to now.
EX makes a move into the right direction. but too drastically. It IS hard, I too had the problem with security. I couldn't get my customers satisfied, no matter how I tried, there were never enough girls, nor money to buy them. then gangs got reduced, made almost useless, and it got even worse. when I play it, it feels like I need a building on it's own to get monsters, money, and manage security and customer satisfaction. (like 12 girls). for some of the jobs, the girls would have A rank and only be able to do the job for one turn. and it did take to long to whore.
it needs to have a customer cap for each job, so that you don't have an unreasonable amount of people in each room.

Offline bobjohn

« Reply #457 on: January 25, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »
you have to either use custom girls (and abuse "take a walk")
or pray the RNG God is with you and hope that there's a random slave in the market with high enough combat/rating for security on the first turn
then just use barmaids and waitresses until you build up 300-400 security

Offline graodeareia

« Reply #458 on: January 25, 2012, 07:50:10 PM »
@jozsi1 This version of whore master really requires a bit of luck in the first few months if you only pay attention to your brothel. On the other hand there are the gangs. The only real garanteed source of income you have in the first few months is how many bussinesses you control. So with good gang management you can aquire many bussinesses and therefore have an steady income regardless of your situation in the brothel. To prove my point I just played a game where I had zero working girls in any of the tasks. Only gangs.By 23 of the first month of 1211 I beat all rivels. Have 8 girls in the dungeon (that where sold to me by fathers that could not pay debts). A few girls died even if I did not touch them in the dungeon and 1 killed her self. So with good gang managment its possible to beat the game no matter how unlucky you are. But I have to agree that the focus of the game is the brothel and this version of the game can be pretty hard if you are unlucky with random events and the girls you get.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2012, 11:07:40 PM »
About WM EX...

Nice idea, crap execution...

My story: 1st week. I get 4 girls, 1 security, 1 advertising/cleaning, 2 barmaid/waitress
Secu girl has basic 10 fight skill (best of random girls). I bought her a longsword and a plate mail (yes, I changed the starting money).

Event: attack, 2 girls (a secu and a barmaid) got low hp...
1 girls refused work....

Ok, I get 2 new girls (I seriously changed the starting money), to replace the low hp ones.

2nd week: things run normally, only 1 girl refuse job...

3rd week: [size=78%]attack, 2 girls (a secu and a barmaid) got low hp...[/size]
1 girls refused work....

Ok, I still had money, so I get 2 more girsl (the 1st hurted ones still not ready to serve again...) to replace them...

Things run normally...

4th week: the 1st week girls get back their health, so go back work! Now I had separated night and daytime secu girl.

Things run normally, only 1 refuse job...

5th week: things run normally, I started to hope...

6th. week: attack, 2 girls on low hp... No prob, 2 other just get ready to work again...

7th week: attack, 2 girls on low hp, again... My last money to replace one...

8th week: attack 2 girls to low hp... No money to replace any...

9th week: attack.......

10th week: never come, I delete game.

I started with 10k! gold. Give the best buyable swords and armors to security girls... And they get down easily...

So, this is NOT a game. WM EX is a CRAP.

Thanks to THE FUTURE to show me what I really hate in games...

Ofc, I could change enough it to become playable. But I WONT. I tried it before. WM EX is basicly not gives enjoyment, just push up blood pressure. If someon modifies it with editor, it become too easy....

BTW one more things: the game name is Whore Master... I did not see any whore in the game (never reach it). But girls, with 37 looks (high in WM EX, but deeply under avarage girls look by common sense), well only truck drivers would do those girls....

Some of the reasons why I still prefer the old WM and SVNs to the new ones. Too many rapist attacks, too many bugs, difficult to get the business going. I appreciate the attempt to make the game more challenging, but some of the features are just bull. Come on, only truckers would want to do it with someone like Yoko Ritona? I think the stats should more reflect a girl's attractiveness/popularity. It's a brothel. World's oldest commercial institution. Why should it have so much trouble attracting customers? Since when did Crossgate, the hub of every kind of depravity in the fantasyverse become so fixated on Victorian  morality?

That said, I know how excruciatingly hard it is to write a simple program let alone a game, so we shouldn't be giving FUTURE a hard time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:09:27 PM by teitogun »

Offline jozsi1

« Reply #460 on: January 26, 2012, 07:59:31 AM »
Uriel

At first 5 attempt I got knock down for the 4th week...

So many users maybe had a big luck about continous rapes, or maybe they know how to hack the security problem.

bobjohn

Yes, I used take a walk and got girls, but NEVER, at any attempt to get a girl for security (Magic and Combat: 0). But at least they were rebellious, so I could give a thanks to GOD when they did not refuse work, even I talked with them. Only willbreaker spice could solve the problem. To be honest, I would like to fire them at first refuse work, but I know there isnt in code the others learning from that...

graodearia

Yes, maybe you are right, I should start with gangs. But in that case, why Whore Master is the game name? Why not Gang Master? On vanilla WM gangs have good and balanced role in the game. In WM EX, not. They are only for get money and struck down rivals. But at the first time, they dont give the most usefull thing in the game: security. It wouldnt be a problem, if the rape attempt not start at the 1st week, when you have a little time to equip, train the security girls. Or at least has a chance to make an agreement with attacking gangs... But no. If you want a good thing, you need to play first Gang Master. Then why should anyone open a bar with a lot of problem?!... No sense.

teitogun

I understand how hard write/modify a program. But FUTURE not make a new one, he modified a working one. I like the idea about customers response. I accept the idea (but not agree with that) about first your brothel is a bar. What I do not accept is the remove of the good ideas from the original WM. FUTURE says, we should pay attention our customers wish. Ok, then he should do the same. I know, its a free game, and he done the EX for hobby. But the other side, he released it. In that case, the players can show their opinion. And my opinion is still the same: Good idea, but wrong execution. Its not about give him hard time. Its about give him an another point of wiew.

Offline CeeBod

« Reply #461 on: January 26, 2012, 08:27:40 AM »
As a few people seem to have popped up to criticise, I thought I'd pop up to say thanks instead! :)

As someone fairly new to WM as a whole, I'm really enjoying the changes that WM EX brings about.  Yeah it's not perfect, there are a few frustrations, and the balance is out of whack on a few things, but it's still a pretty nice mod imo, and it does add an alement of challenge to what's otherwise a rather challenge-free game.

I also haven't had the same security issues as mentioned above - admittedly partly as I got lucky in getting Soulcaliber's Taki on my very first walk into town, but I also wonder whether it's those that altered the starting money that are the ones suffering all the attacks? - Did FUTURE maybe have the attack % based on security level and on available money, so that you should get infrequent attacks early on whilst you have no money, but once you get rich then even security level 500 doesnt dissuade every attempt?

Offline graodeareia

« Reply #462 on: January 26, 2012, 09:48:45 AM »
I few days ago I was looking through the mod section here and I saw 2 interesting mods besides WMEx. One was the Interface changes by Anon21 and the other where the Interaction changes by Popuri. The interface changes made the game faster and easier to use while the interaction changes made the game more fun and added more options (I specially like the Spank option since in theory it would be more impactiful then scold but would have a better chance that the girl would not try to run away). So I thought why doesn't The Future work with this guys to make improve the game faster? Then I decided I would download the futures source code and integrate the this changes and then make a few improvements from there. Only problem is that I found out that The Future did not share his code. So I had 3 choices. Give up all together, integrate with the original WM and work from there, or a more adventureous and less likely to work choice of make a new WM from scratch.
After thinking for a while about the changes I wanted to make and looking at my options I decided to remake the game! There are a few reasons for that. First, its about the programing tools used. The game uses sdl as an grafics library. But its more like an windows app than a game. Lots of text, little graphics and no animations. So I thought  that a framework to make desktop apps would be much easier to use than a lowlevel library like sdl. I did some research and decided to write the game in QT. It has all the tools to easily make the intefaces in WM but if need be it also has the tools to add things like animations and even use OpenGL (wich won't be necessary but I just wanted to ilustrate the power of the framework). Another important point is the scripting language used. Its not pretty, I don't even know what it is but its not attractive to me. So I decided to use Lua instead. I found out about a project called QtLua that should me the inteface between than game engine in C++\Qt and Lua really easy. Also as for all the xml used in game I saw a few videos about using xml in Qt and its really easy. I spend a whole night thinking about the girl atributes and stuff like combat and how items will be used. Soon I intend to create a new thread in this forum to discuss my ideas and get feedback. I hope at least some of you will join me in the crazy endevour. You don't need to code (it helps if you can) but I need to figure out all the basic stuff and I'm already in trouble with some designe decisions. So see you soon in the new thread!

Offline Popuri

« Reply #463 on: January 26, 2012, 10:01:43 AM »
I had been working with FUTURE while he was here, trying to integrate my changes into EX.  I'd be happy to help how I can, just send me a PM.

Offline jozsi1

« Reply #464 on: January 26, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »
CeeBod

When I 1st time attempted to play with WMEx I did not modify anything, just put a lot of girls in the game from WMEx girls pack. For the 4th weeks I had about -100 security, -2000 gold and all not newly joined girl injured. With starting money of 1000 gold (basic setting of WMEx).

Yea, i could pop up to say: Its great! Just follow this way!

But I hate to lie. I put critism becouse I see FUTURE joined to the mainstream game developers, who belives, games become better for that for players get stomach ache from the game. My opinion is the aim of the game to entertain and relax the player. If I want hard times, I log in to L2 and play with my healer.

So what I want? Just that, the good ideas of WMEx execute well, for get a really good game. Becouse, If I would hate the WMEx idea, I hadnt would write anything here. I wrote and write here, becouse I like the idea, and want to give a feedback. Maybe a rough way. But at least someone read my feedback, and maybe someone will use it for develop a better game...