devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 477260 times)

Offline NeliaHawk

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #480 on: May 17, 2012, 11:30:25 PM »
yeah its pretty easy to run out of money (as in going negative) for a while in the beginning...
also a gang costs alot in the first weeks (~100gold each day), yeah they "can" get you +400 gold with stealing jobs... but overall i think its better not to use a gang in the first months.
and try to get several girls simply with "walking around town" and add them to barmaid/waitress/cleaning/security/customer service/catacombs.
prioritized "barmaid/waitress", girls that are c+ in combat can go to the catacombs a bit or work at security (carefull security costs 70gold a day so just add a girl to it if it goes into negative and stop at +50 or so and send her back to catacombs or customer service)
cleaning and security doesnt requite a girl every day... just add one to it if it goes negative security to get into +50 or so again or when filth prevents alot customers, then add a girl a few days to get to 0 again then stop.

so after a few weeks you got a few girls from walking around the town (think by default its 80% chance to meet someone (think in my games i lowered it to 20% in the config... as it was too easy to get a girl all the time)
and slowly you make money with the barmaids/waitresses
and later add gangs and buy girls from the slavemarket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as idea for wm-ex:
maybe a "brothel-advert-setting" could be something... similar to how you allow/disallow specific sex acts in the brothel setup screen, above in that screen there could be all the jobs listed as selectable and when you select some
i.e. singer/entertainer/whore each time a girl goes to the advertiseing job she has a 25% for each picked option to extra advertise that job... that way you can get customers wanting these jobs that unlock later (i.e. whore) a fit earlyer through advertisement.
so i.e. people who like to have just a gambling hall and not a bar could add all gambling jobs to it and with constant advertisement you might want peopel just in gambling and noone wants a waitress.
or maybe just concentrate on the whore jobs and no bar ones.

if a girl advertises she as normal advertises the brothel. and each selected special job option has a 25% chance to be advertised too (or a % chance based on how good the girl is in advertiseing =
e= 5%
d=10%
c=15%
b=20%
a=25%
+/- 10% randomness factor
or something similar
and sucessfull advertisement might add 3 points into bar stripper and each day that passes without advertisement it lowers by 1 point, so after a while people dont want it anymore and it requires constant advertisement to make people interested in the jobs that they are not "normaly" interested in.

Offline Morkar

« Reply #481 on: June 03, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »
A tutorial or some tips would not hurt because I'm pretty pissed and

I have the security to 500 maids barmaids gamedealers massage striper ALL but my whores in the brothel or bar etc. I do not get any customer

and do not understand why customers do not understand why they keep saying that the service sucks when I have everything positive from cleaning to safety

I'm doing wrong?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #482 on: June 03, 2012, 07:58:04 AM »
Small guide so you don't get lost when you start the game (targeted at people who already know how to play regular Whore Master).

1. Customers only go to specific services. At the start of the game, the only places customers will go to are Barmaid and Waitress to get drunk. They don't want whores from some no-name craphole like the main character is running. Make sure you watch where the customers are going! To do this, check the brothel summaries in the turn summary. Once you start getting more and more customers, you will eventually unlock all the jobs.

2. Security is absolutely crucial! Try to find a decent girl who can fight right from the start or else you're going to have trouble. You can no longer use gangs to guard, so Security is your only line of defense in WM EX. Security also prevents girls from running away when you do things to them in either your building or the dungeon. At the beginning, even 20 combat or magic is better than nothing, but you really want at least 2 girls with 40+ in a fighter skill.

3. Cleaning is very important too. Every job adds to flithiness, so you're going to need to watch the filithiness level and add more cleaning girls as necessary.

4. You need to set some advertising girls! There's a point where making advertising girls is the only way you can get more customers and unlock the better jobs.

5. If you watch the customer listing every turn, you will notice that so many customers never get serviced and think your service was crap. If you don't do anything about it, your brothel fame will never rise. It's entirely optional, but customer service is almost required in order to get your building fame going.

6. Once you're on your feet with income, you will have a lot more freedom to do what you want. It's not difficult once you understand the new customer system.

7. All girls may be good or bad at a job. There's a rating system found in the girl details screen if you click for more details.

8. Items are very very important if you want stats. I strongly recommend sending several good fighters to explore the catacombs at all times to gather items. Gangs can't do it. The default settings I packed the game with will automatically equip your girls, so all you really need to do is gather them.

There are a lot of other tips, but those should be fine for now.

There are instructions...

Put extra couple of girls on Costumer Service duty, maybe advertise less so there are not significantly more clients than you can service... but this version requires a lot of micromanagement and no new tools to make it simpler. I quit playing it some time ago, the trouble is that with all of this addons and modifications there should be an improved interface to watch status of girls, costumers and brothel in general and/or some sort of an adviser. New mods from crazy/Aika should be out soon, I expect those to be more user friendly as extensive amount of micro is not expected in either version.
Like what we're doing?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #483 on: June 05, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
Hey, a minor concern I've noticed of late:  For some reason, random monster girls are no longer spawning.  I've tried doing some minor edits to change this state of affairs, but to no avail.  Also, the gamelog (I think that's what the text box that accompanies the game is called...) claims that aforementioned monster girls, "girl no script trigger file:..."   Does anybody know how to fix this?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #484 on: June 05, 2012, 03:58:53 PM »
Hey, a minor concern I've noticed of late:  For some reason, random monster girls are no longer spawning.  I've tried doing some minor edits to change this state of affairs, but to no avail.  Also, the gamelog (I think that's what the text box that accompanies the game is called...) claims that aforementioned monster girls, "girl no script trigger file:..."   Does anybody know how to fix this?

Not entirely sure what your problem is... but it is not likely that anything can be done to fix bugs since there is no sourcecode for EX.
Like what we're doing?

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #485 on: June 05, 2012, 10:48:55 PM »
Not entirely sure what your problem is... but it is not likely that anything can be done to fix bugs since there is no sourcecode for EX.

Alright, thanks anyway.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #486 on: June 06, 2012, 03:06:33 AM »
Not at all. They _are_ spawning, but the chance of capturing them is much less than unique ones.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

« Reply #487 on: June 06, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »
Not at all. They _are_ spawning, but the chance of capturing them is much less than unique ones.

Really?  Oh... Well, now I feel like a complete dork.  Oh well.  Well, thank you, Dark, for telling me this.  Now, to figure out how to undo the unnecessary edits...

Offline blumph

« Reply #488 on: June 24, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »
No offense intended, but I had to create an account just to say how unfun I found this mod to be.
There's 'Difficult', and then there's:
  • Customers request a job, and when a girl is assigned, they sit idle for a couple months because the customers wander off and not return until then.
  • Doesn't matter how many cleaners you have because you'll always lose one customer each day due to your 0-point, 'filthy' brothel.
  • Can have 1,000 points of advertising and have more people show up than can fit in the building, yet remain 'unknown'.
  • Can never have a customer complaint for months, with a security rating of 500, yet customer happiness never goes above 'low'.
  • Not own a single slave, and release all captured monster girls as soon as captured, yet be 'mean'.
  • Turn summary reports that are dysfunctional - ignoring the depressed, addicted girls and the ones refusing to work to report on the girl with perky nips.
  • 2 pages of notes on needed girls in the course of play - too much accounting, not enough gameplay.
  • Gangs nerfed to near uselessness. They take over turf and punch people in the junk, and waste cash. That's it.
In short, it's too reactive, too picomanagey, and too dull. If this is a foretaste of the Next-Gen EX, I'll as soon play some other mod.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #489 on: June 24, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »
No offense intended, but I had to create an account just to say how unfun I found this mod to be.
There's 'Difficult', and then there's:
  • Customers request a job, and when a girl is assigned, they sit idle for a couple months because the customers wander off and not return until then.
  • Doesn't matter how many cleaners you have because you'll always lose one customer each day due to your 0-point, 'filthy' brothel.
  • Can have 1,000 points of advertising and have more people show up than can fit in the building, yet remain 'unknown'.
  • Can never have a customer complaint for months, with a security rating of 500, yet customer happiness never goes above 'low'.
  • Not own a single slave, and release all captured monster girls as soon as captured, yet be 'mean'.
  • Turn summary reports that are dysfunctional - ignoring the depressed, addicted girls and the ones refusing to work to report on the girl with perky nips.
  • 2 pages of notes on needed girls in the course of play - too much accounting, not enough gameplay.
  • Gangs nerfed to near uselessness. They take over turf and punch people in the junk, and waste cash. That's it.
In short, it's too reactive, too picomanagey, and too dull. If this is a foretaste of the Next-Gen EX, I'll as soon play some other mod.

Future knew from day one that a lot of people would not like the mod due to overwhelming micro and restrictive design. Plus he hasn't been on the forums for a couple of  month so there will prolly not be another WM: EX any time soon.
Like what we're doing?

Offline gonrapar

« Reply #490 on: January 18, 2018, 06:12:38 PM »
Thanks! Tried it, and it worked!

finally life saver found it.a post from 6 years ago save me.

Offline boltsandbrains

« Reply #491 on: January 30, 2018, 09:34:33 PM »
Is this mod still available? It seems like all the links are dead.