Author Topic: Whore Master Editor 0.7.1  (Read 206210 times)

Offline The Alpacalypse

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.62
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 02:29:22 AM »
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been a little busy.  Yes, I would greatly appreciate a copy of the most recent source code for your editor.  And thank you for the link.  The editor runs fine, but now I can't get the game itself to run; that, however, is a topic for another thread.  I'll see if patching to .3 fixes it.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 06:40:30 AM »
Here's the source then

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zqzyzmnt3mw/WMEditor0.62_Source.rar

It's not nice, and it's certainly not consistent :), I've learned stuff as I went along so as I said there are similar problems solved in two different ways. It would be best to rewrite it from the scratch, but it works as it is so... Perhaps later down the road, when old format get's dumped completely.

Or someone else can take a whack at it and make new editor :). I was thinking yesterday of writing new manual for items, girls and rgirls formats, but they're going to get dumped some time in the future so there would be no point in it. Perhaps I should write manual for XML files, what attribute can have what value and like

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 12:05:27 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that has this problem, but anytime I edit with this version it adds an extra linefeed behind the character I edited. This seems to cause the main program to gag until I open up the .girls file in notepad and remove the extra linefeed.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 02:07:28 PM »
I can confirm that.  There isn't a problem if you save in the .girlsx xml format, though.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.63
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
Fixed it. For XML loading I changed some things and didn't check compile function which remained with one \r\n extra at the end. That's only old format related, XML uses different compile method so it isn't affected by spaces. In few versions they're going to take over completely, so I didn't payed much attention to old formats. I was mostly concerned with loading them so they can be easily converted to new XML format, not saving.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 11:02:58 PM »
Whenever I follow the instructions to make a .rgirls file into a .rgirlsx file, the girls all end up in a mess. I'm ending up with girls whose looks are limited to the range of 0-50% with 0 being the most common and generally seen in 1/4 of all girls at the slave market. Also, their ages seem to range from 18-96-unknown or somewhere in between. Some even have a constitution of 0. Currently, the only way I have to use girls is to not convert them and to keep them in the old format.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 11:05:02 PM »
I don't think that's a problem with the editor.  The game is having issues with random girls, though the latest update may have fixed that.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 05:20:09 AM »
Start two editors, in one open rgirls and in second open rgirlsx, choose the same girl in both and compare their data, if it's the same it's not an editor issue. I just tried that on few girls and data from rgirlsx is the same as data for rgirls. Editor is just front end to make creating and editing these files easier, it has no direct effect on how girls, random girls or items are going to behave in game.

If you have this issue of different stats for girls that are loaded from rgirls, and different stats for those that are from rgirlsx you should report that in game bug thread.

Offline Dirtyxmind

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »
Hello Solo761!

I am using the NEW WME 0.63 and i found that for some reason, if you create an item that affects the PCHate, after saved, when you reopen the file and try to check the item, an ERROR occurs... Could you check this, please? This only happens with the NEW XML format.

Thank you for your kind attention!

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 05:54:18 AM »
Problem is in one letter, when saved in XML format string had lower case "h" in PCHate, and parse function has correct upper case. You can fix it by opening itemsx in any text editor and replace "PChate" with "PCHate". Until I upload fixed version.

*edit*

Uploaded fixed version. If you don't want to fix that item manually just open your itemsx file with this version. It should find this error and notify you, to fix it just resave the file, new one will be correct.

And since last few versions were only fixes here's something new in this one, app now supports drag and drop of girls(x), rgirls(x) and items(x) files.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:28:04 AM by Solo761 »

Offline Dirtyxmind

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »
Problem is in one letter, when saved in XML format string had lower case "h" in PCHate, and parse function has correct upper case. You can fix it by opening itemsx in any text editor and replace "PChate" with "PCHate". Until I upload fixed version.

*edit*

Uploaded fixed version. If you don't want to fix that item manually just open your itemsx file with this version. It should find this error and notify you, to fix it just resave the file, new one will be correct.

And since last few versions were only fixes here's something new in this one, app now supports drag and drop of girls(x), rgirls(x) and items(x) files.

Thank you a lot! :)

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.64
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »
On 1.29.3.v Beta there seems to be a missmatch with WMEdit

Itemtag
Code: [Select]
Special="Affects All" as converted by WMEdit .64 andwill generate an error in game and run as a normal item.

Manualy remove the space and
Code: [Select]
Special="AffectsAll"will load without errors.

Note: that items with AffectsAll tag will not work but the that is a known bug.

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 08:36:36 AM »
When exactly did you download it? First version uploaded was wrong exe, it was up for really short time (less than an hour). Maybe you downloaded that version instead of fixed one. I did some code change so that's what why I uploaded wrong exe first, same version, but only under the hood changes. In current version I couldn't replicate this error. Perhaps it got fixed with that changes I did. Try redownloading and see what happens.

But I can add check that checks if original XML file has this error, like I did with "PChate" few posts back if you think that's necessary.

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2009, 03:53:50 AM »
I think I downloaded when loaded it up.

Yes redownloaded and converted the problem Item files and no errors. ;D

The file creation date is only an hour diffrent and the same size.

Confirmed that the original exe did convert incorrectly.

Looks like I was just lucky :P

Offline sgb

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 10:19:48 PM »
I still get the 'haha, I only pretended to save' issue.  When this happens, the backup file doesn't get generated either.  This still seems to happen if you only make a couple small changes and then try to save.