Author Topic: Stat Overflow/Reset Question  (Read 2520 times)

Offline dmotrl

Stat Overflow/Reset Question
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:57:39 AM »
Don't think this is a mod-specific issue.  (I am using Crazy's mod .34, though, if it matters.)

Okay, so I had a girl with Base stats of 80 and 95 in Magic and Combat respectively (yes, yes; horribly overpowered), as well as Strong, Strong Magic, and Adventurer.  (And a few other ones like Merciless, Tough, but they don't say "boost combat stats," so I'm not sure they count.)  Anyway, her Combat and Magic scores were listed at 100 on her screen.  Then I gave her a Large Weapon that had +40 Magic, +15 Combat, and added Powerful Magic.  Everything still read 100.  Then I gave her a Guard Dog (+15 Combat) the Wooden Buckler (adds Brawler) and her Combat score dropped to 92 ... or 17 when I took off the +15 Combat weapon.  Then un-equipping and re-equipping the Buckler jumps it to 25.  Un-equipping the Buckler and equipping the Weapon jumps it to 30 like it should (-10 for losing Brawler, +15 for the Weapon, +15 for the Dog) - except that means her Combat score zeroed out (base magic seems to have dropped as well, since it displayed at 90 without the Weapon).

Was it just the trait combination that pushed the Combat skill into overflow, or is the limit for stats much lower than I thought?

(Item and Girl files included because I know I'm not including everything; it's Flandre with Laeveteinn.)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Stat Overflow/Reset Question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »
The stat/skill modifiers a still a little messed up and I do intend to fix them.
It is an extreme change and will take a while to get working fully.

Because items and traits both affect statmod/skillmod, changing anything changes the mod number.
I plan on making the items and traits use separate adjusters but have not gotten around to it yet.

These kinds of problems will probably occur for a while.
There are just so many things that need to be fixed that I always seem to start down random paths of fixing things.

I seem to have a common theme to my responses on this:
"As soon as I finish fixing ... I will start fixing ..." but then something else pops up and pushes me in another direction.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:44:07 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!  I was just worried that I'd done something weird.

And no worries on the whole 'fix one thing and another breaks' bit - I can't say I've ever done something like messing about with source codes, but I've done enough (Notepad) basic modding for some other games to get the whole "Okay, I didn't change that!" problem.  :hug:

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 12:34:26 AM »
The stat/skill modifiers a still a little messed up and I do intend to fix them.
It is an extreme change and will take a while to get working fully.

Because items and traits both affect statmod/skillmod, changing anything changes the mod number.
I plan on making the items and traits use separate adjusters but have not gotten around to it yet.

These kinds of problems will probably occur for a while.
There are just so many things that need to be fixed that I always seem to start down random paths of fixing things.

I seem to have a common theme to my responses on this:
"As soon as I finish fixing ... I will start fixing ..." but then something else pops up and pushes me in another direction.
Fixed it.

I'm on fire tonight. ;D 8) :o
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug