devolution

Author Topic: New image tagging concept  (Read 58171 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: New image tagging concept
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »
Yup, I also mentioned about this before. I see the problem mostly in ridiculous hats and spears and such...

If we do that, we'll need to establish guidelines for battle sprites as well... it might work then.

There are other options too, such as asking to pick a "proper" size for the sprite and load it into BE as it is for example.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2015, 09:26:37 AM »
I'm not sure what kind of BE we'll have eventually, I guess it's too early to do something there.

As for quest sprites, characters that you used in your example seem fine for an average type of height. Let's make a cut above for tall characters and vice versa for short ones.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:25 AM »
Guys, when you're picking/cutting battle_sprites, make sure there is no transparent space on any of the sides and that fit the general pattern.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2015, 07:46:40 AM »
You could be more specific. Name the character with bad battle sprite.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »
You could be more specific. Name the character with bad battle sprite.

There was a girl from Naruto who was in a sitting position, looked ridiculous. But I've mentioned it because of Squall MC type, there was empty space left on the left side of his battle sprite and I could not tell which row he is in half the time. Also Nami who stood next to him looked like she was in a row 1.5 :D

I've fixed his sprite, just wanted to point this out because you guys are working with sprites right now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2015, 08:13:47 AM »
There was a girl from Naruto who was in a sitting position, looked ridiculous. But I've mentioned it because of Squall MC type, there was empty space left on the left side of his battle sprite and I could not tell which row he is in half the time. Also Nami who stood next to him looked like she was in a row 1.5 :D

I've fixed his sprite, just wanted to point this out because you guys are working with sprites right now.
I made that one and it was 100% intended so his body will be at the center of the image, because otherwise arrows and spells was hitting empty space next to him (it was looking ridiculous). I've created all sprites to be like that, with empty space on sides and above if needed.
Are you really sure about this?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:17:43 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2015, 08:44:48 AM »
I made that one and it was 100% intended so his body will be at the center of the image, because otherwise arrows and spells was hitting empty space next to him (it was looking ridiculous). I've created all sprites to be like that, with empty space on sides and above if needed.
Are you really sure about this?

Lets wait until I reconstruct the arrow spell for the new BE then. But we should more intuitive targeting now. I need to check this for myself.

EDIT: But just for the record, I do not believe that it's ever a good design to create offsets with images instead of code...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:52:20 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2015, 08:50:02 AM »
Well, it's not a problem to fix something in sprites, would take 5-10 mins, unlike our current retagging.

Naruto was one of the first packs, so it's been like two years ago  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:54:03 AM by DarkTl »

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2015, 10:06:09 AM »
1) 'ss': 'bs hug', should be 'bc hug'
2) do you mind explaining the group tags because i dont quite understand them
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2015, 10:33:48 AM »
I have a guide here, I think it covers all questions, at least theoretical ones.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2015, 10:41:47 AM »
so basicly if you tag it with "ass" it means that durring group sex her ass is visible or her ass is being used?

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2015, 10:47:37 AM »
Used.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2015, 10:55:30 AM »
kool thank you