Author Topic: Designing an H Wrestling Game  (Read 9144 times)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: Designing an H Wrestling Game
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 12:00:09 AM »
Good god why couldn't google find that for me... A thousand and one thank yous
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 01:52:42 AM »
:P I had it bookmarked from like a long time ago.  Found it on google I think after a lot of hunting. 

Offline Lorde

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
:P I had it bookmarked from like a long time ago.  Found it on google I think after a lot of hunting.

I can attest to the Lotta hunting thing. All I ever found was the "help File" that read like it was a 5 year old trying to explain something to their parents. (First there is this thing. Then this thing. Then this thing. This thing... I don't know what it does so I never use it. Then this thing and this thing. Oh and you don't need to know about this thing.)

Needless to say it wasn't a very good reference.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 02:14:08 PM »
I'll just poke my head in to say: I don't think I'm going to have time to contribute anything substantial here. I can't work on more than one project at a time, I find. I always end up full time on one or the other.

That said, I'm looking forward to following progress here, and maybe making the odd suggestion from the sidelines, if that's ok.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
Well assuming I ever get a team together :P
If you're interested in the project send me a PM with the most convenient online contact info.  If you have X-Fire, awesome.  I'll give you my SN and you can add me. 

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 12:09:47 AM »
Talking to a coder friend of mine and he has a couple alternate engines in mind that I can use that would probably serve our purposes better.  If the game ends up good enough, and legality allows, I might end up selling the game, who knows.  Anyway... Looking for people interested in doing 3D models, I'll let you all know which engine I decide to use.  Both the ones I'm looking at are open source and look easy to use.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »
It might be worth looking into the English version of DLsite.com if you are gonna sell the game. Not sure how well non Japanese products do, but they handle adult material regularly and people come to that site expecting to find such fare.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 12:29:53 AM »
Yeah, it might sell pretty well there.  I have two engines I'm looking at right now, Panda 3D and Crystal Space.  I had a buddy of mine look at the source to Mpire 08 and he tells me it'd pretty much have to be rewritten to do what I want to do, so we might as well start from scratch with a good rendering engine.  I asked Doc to take a look at the two engines to see which one he'd use... Poor Doc is gonna go out of his mind, but I think once it's said and done, it'll be worth it.  I just need to find a coding team...
Right now I'm leaning towards panda.  If you're wanting to join the project, or just give input and ideas, my AIM is summeall8, my x-fire is jerlikins, and my MSN is [email protected]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:35:16 AM by LordJerle »

Offline sgb

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »
If you're going to sell it, just be aware that DLsite English doesn't allow submitters from outside Japan to use any sort of copyrighted material.  That shouldn't be a problem given the project plan, but just be aware and avoid slipping anything copyrighted in even as a minor cameo.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 08:22:36 PM »
The closest thing I think to that would be that I would be adding in the ability to import UT3 character models as new wrestlers or races.  Yes, this is going to be a multi-species game.  I have my project plan about halfway written, there's a lot of info.  Been quite awhile since I wrote a project plan, forgotten how much of a pain in the ass it is.