Author Topic: Newbie's questions  (Read 4995 times)

Offline poputka

Newbie's questions
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:11:55 PM »
Hi everyone! I didn't find the answers, so  that's why starting the new topic :) I have a few questions:
1. unique girls - where can they be found during the game? When its starting in the back window I can see that the game using files with random girls. Do I need to switch between two database (just renaming Girls.girlsx to Girls.rgirlsx), or td hese unique girls with their legends will appear somehow during the game?
2. when checking files I found dialogues (in files: CustGambCheat.script and CustNoPay.script) - suppose they are all about gamblers or customers without money - is it working in the new version? (v 1.30.3r...)

Offline LordJerle

Re: Newbie's questions
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 02:14:55 PM »
1) You'll come across them in game via slave markets, off the street, kidnapping, or in the catacombs.  Unless you have a bunch of custom girls, they won't pop up very often.  Check the girl packs in the user modifications area of the forum if you want more girls.  Many of them already have prepacked girl files so all you have to do is load up the game

2) Scripting integration isn't completed yet.

Offline poputka

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »
Thank you a lot for quick answers! :) 3 more questions about unique girls:
1. where (in what file) can I check how often these unique girls appear?
2. when I started the game I saw on the second screen - "Girl has no script trigger file" . means, that the is not in the loaded lists (*.girlsx or *.rgirlsx)?
3. when I load my previous save, the game loading only RandomGirls.rgilrsx and RandomAddon1.rgirlsx databases. Means that database with unique girls loading only in the beginning?

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »
1. Inside config.xml located in Resources/Data/
2. Not 100% sure of what you are asking. I believe you are asking if not having a trigger file for a girl will cause problems. Answer is no.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline TF

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 11:10:23 PM »
3. I believe the the .girlsx file is only loaded upon starting a new game, which means that if you edit your current .girlsx file to add more girls in, you have to start a new game for them to show up.

However, the game should check for any *new* .girlsx files and add the girls to your game when you load, if I remember correctly. So, no problem really, unless you're dead set on having only one .girlsx file.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 12:55:42 AM »
no girlsx file loads each time you load your game so if you add more they are added when you load your game
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline TF

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 02:07:23 AM »
Perhaps I had that backwards, and a game only remembers what .girlsx files were there when you first started, so you have to edit the current .girlsx file to add them in because it will ignore new .girlsx files unless you start a new game.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 03:58:44 AM »
no girlsx file loads each time you load your game so if you add more they are added when you load your game

No, TF had it right. The game stores a list of loaded girlsx files (in the .gam.mast file for each savegame), and never touches them again for a savegame after it has loaded them into the save file. If you edit a girlsx file which was already loaded in a save, your changes will no show up unless you start a new game (or unless you rename the file, which would of course end up creating duplicate girls).
Conversely, the random girls are not stored in the save file except as individual girls gained by the player. So, it reloads all random girl files each time you start the game.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 06:42:22 AM »
but on the latest version i have added new girls and it loaded them after i loaded a game before i added them
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 11:27:11 AM »
I've just told you how it works, and that's based on code I've directly worked on a little while back.  ;)

Perhaps you're thinking of random girls, as I explained above?