Author Topic: Top 3 Animes  (Read 32002 times)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: Top 3 Animes
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »
those fifty were funny thanks for that :D

You are welcome  ;D

I dunno.  To me shitty dubs were a problem of the 90s.  I haven't really noticed it since.

This is true.

Also:

Link. When he is crouching you can make him do the duckwalk.

Note: I have no idea why I just posted that. Nor do I have any idea why I almost popped a blood vessel laughing at it...
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2010, 11:17:25 PM »

LOL, I live in Oklahoma, right in the path of "Tornado alley" and my internet in the last 15 years hasn't gone out long enough to ever make a complaint like the one you're making.

Streams are also not as bad as what some of these clowns have made them out to be. If you've got even a remotely good internet connection Hulu and Netflix will give a very good quality visual.  Faster the connection, better the quality. Currently I'm on a 1 meg connection (19.99 a month, cheaper than some dialups) and Hulu's video quality reminds me of what I used to see on Saturday and Sunday latenights.

Netflix occasionally leaves something to be desired though. When I had a fast connection (5megs) it was all but dvd quality with no interruptions. With my current connection I get at least 1 "you connection has slowed, please wait while we adjust your playback" for every 4 full length movies I watch/stream. Image quality is about VHS quality. A little trick though, sometimes it's faster to just refresh the webpage and let it load again. It will start right where you left off.

I can't speak Japanese, but I was married to a Japanese woman and I have a Japanese daughter and we watch anime a lot. She has told me that sometimes the Subs are wrong, but more often than not because of the differences in English and Japanese the subs are correct for the most part it's just that English and Jap don't translate directly and you need to make alterations to make things understandable. Then there are some subs that just fubarred but hell that happens.

A lot of the hate posts I've read are just wrong, reminds me of the WoW forums, jump on something and let it roll, hate for the sake of hating.

LOL... What part of Oklahoma are you in?  I live in good ol Chickasha, where, if the wind blows, the techs shove their thumbs up their asses and run.  They have to send service techs from oklahoma city, and it takes them 2 hours to get here, when it only takes me 30 minutes to get there.  And before I got cable, the DSL was down daily, which is the reason I switched to cable, which is still down about 2-3 times a month in good weather.

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2010, 07:35:37 AM »
I think that top 50 list could've been made up entirely of Chaos Wars. I have a pretty high tolerance for bad dubs, but that game takes the cake, pie, cookies, and bakery.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »
  I think that top 50 list could've been made up entirely of Chaos Wars. I   have a pretty high tolerance for bad dubs, but that game takes the   cake, pie, cookies, and bakery.

Following that link at the end of the video brought me to this.

Wow that is bad.  :D I like to believe that all bad dubbing is the result of people getting members of there family to do the VA work.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline RyRain

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2010, 01:19:30 AM »
I just watched the first half of hetalia the other night...and I'd thought I'd become immune to wtf after watching anime for so many years. There are three possible extreme reactions to this series. It's funny as hell, it's horribly offensive, or it's overall most random peice of crap you've ever seen. Probably some combination of the three.

Germany: Don't you have anything USEFUL to contribute to this war?

Italy: (opens a suitcase and a guy halfway pops out) Well, I have Machiavelli.

Germany: ...put him away.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 01:35:45 AM »
I've watched 5 minutes (lulz the episodes are only 5 minutes long) of that show and already I'm hooked. Political satire is a favorite genre of mine. Especial satire that pokes fun at everyone. Including the satirists.

Thanks for the Heads up RyRain.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:42:09 AM by Lorde »
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 02:58:40 AM »
I thought that France was the weakest country I mean I never heard of a french victory before (sorry to anyone who is French and reading this) I mean Italy has won at least once ;D
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 05:14:02 AM »
I thought that France was the weakest country I mean I never heard of a french victory before (sorry to anyone who is French and reading this) I mean Italy has won at least once ;D

As an Italian let me tell you that the only wars Italy won by herself (not being in any sort of coalition-alliance) from 1861 (date of birth of the kingdom of Italy) onwards are the colonial wars against Lybia, Eritrea, Somalia and Albania.

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 07:57:49 AM »
As an Italian let me tell you that the only wars Italy won by herself (not being in any sort of coalition-alliance) from 1861 (date of birth of the kingdom of Italy) onwards are the colonial wars against Lybia, Eritrea, Somalia and Albania.

What other wars has Italy fought by herself in that time?

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2010, 09:03:21 AM »
What other wars has Italy fought by herself in that time?

I forgot to mention the war against Ethiopia in the late '30s, but no big war against other European powers on her own. We even had to get help from France a couple times to fight against Austria-Hungary to "retake" Lombardy and the Northeastern regions. And Britain had to supply most of the cash and weapons for Garibaldi to take Southern Italy from the Borbons.

So we don't actually have an impressive track record after the Ancient Romans or a few big victories during the Medieval and Renaissance periods. (somebody else might disagree, but these are my feelings on the matter)

Offline Lorde

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »

I'm usually pretty good with geography but even I had to google Eritrea. Damn that's a tiny tiny country. Sorta the Rhode Island of Africa.  :D

* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »
i have heard of Ethiopia but never Eritrea before
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Starry

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »
Y'all made me start watching anime I haven't seen again.

Yay legal streaming!

Offline RyRain

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:21 AM »
As a side note, if  you do watch Hetalia, be warned of massive Ho Yay. But ya, the reason for that particular joke was that it's grouped the countries through most of the series by Axis Powers (Just Germany, Italy, and Japan from the point I've seen) and the Allied Forces (uses the United States, France, Russia, England, and China as the mains, yes I realize neither of these constitutes the full list of who fought on what side, don't blame me) as the main characters. Other countries make random apparent though, including countries that no longer exist. Also, don't try to put this on ANY coherent timeline. The events parodied are very random chronologically speaking, and some (assuming I'm not bombing out on my historical knowledge, most) of them don't actually correlate to events, just relationships between countries.

Offline myrikhan

• Dev Team
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
Thank you for this thread.  I've been looking for something to watch and have started downloading six different series without knowing anything about them except their names. (Elfen Leid, Shakugan no Shana, Black Lagoon, Death Note, Gravion and
Bleach.) My top 3 anime are, in no particular order:

1. Irresponsible Captain Tylor                               - Old, but funny and wise as hell
2. Vision of Escaflowne                                          - I think I watched this end to end 4 times
3. Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars         
          - Story of two people who come to depend on each other, against the backdrop of interstellar war