Author Topic: CCG Concept: Battle Maidens  (Read 13907 times)

Offline Ctwo

Re: CCG Concept: Battle Maidens
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 03:23:41 AM »
@CTwo
(That's not to say I dislike your ideas with a fixed starting BM force and monster summoning through attackable resources. That would certainly be a unique design for a TCG. =) It reminds me a bit of the Star Trek and Battletech TCGs. Have you played those?)

I remember playing Battletech TCG a few times, but honestly don't remember anything more about the game. I use to play in local Star Trek tournaments. I've played and judged for a lot of different TCGs. Very early in TCGs there was a game based on hacking computers. It was unique in that one deck was a hackers deck, and the other deck was a system deck. The system defended from the hacker. There was a definate defender and a definate attacker with different victory conditions. I never played this game but I had a friend that told me a lot about it. It sounded interesting but the game disappeared before I herd about it. (came in the summer of a million TCGs just after magic became really big.) I'm not saying that this is a good model for this game, but it is what gave me the idea of having a totally seperate defensive team from the attacking decks.

Offline MrB

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 03:28:39 AM »
@Begferdeth
So you're playing the leader of a squad of Battle Maidens who is trying to gain reputation by sending them out to defeat the monsters that you secretly summon yourself or something? Very evil. XD
But I'm not sure I understand what you thought up for the hometown cards. The (City:) 100 women figure, is that the number of points you can spend on your BM army at the start of the game?

@Ctwo
Yah, the Netrunner TCG! That was an amazing game.  :) Playing the runner (hacker) was a lot of fun since you had to deal with face-down cards all the time. At every turn you were encountering nasty antivirus programs that were ready to eat your brain (which was physically plugged into to the net for your attacks) and only after you've battled your way through all the face-down defenses did you know whether the face-down project card you were attacking was actually something with any worth, or just a decoy. The corporation player could have a lot of fun bluffing in that game. =P
Too bad nobody I knew collected/played Netrunner; I had to build the decks myself and it's a bit less fun if you know everything the corporation has in its deck...

(Edit for typos)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 03:33:59 AM by MrB »

Offline Begferdeth

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 09:55:11 PM »
@MrB:
Yeah, the whole summon monsters thing is perfect! :)
Rage was a pretty decent game, and won an award for 'most indestructible cards' in a magazine once (they made them from super-heavy cardstuff, and laminated them a half dozen times... waterproof and survived being fed to a rabbit, who couldnt chew through it). Only problem was a balance issue, where one 10 point super-werewolf was worth more than a dozen 2 or 3 point halfass werewolves. But with some tweaking the girls and powers, you could probably make it work.

And the 'girls' in the hometown thing was probably me misreading something in an earlier post, something about attacking the other players hometown to rape all the girls in it with the monsters. So a city would have more generic 'girls' to attack, but be harder for your Maidens to protect them.

Offline MrB

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »
Rage was a pretty decent game, and won an award for 'most indestructible cards' in a magazine once (they made them from super-heavy cardstuff, and laminated them a half dozen times... waterproof and survived being fed to a rabbit, who couldnt chew through it).

Sounds like something Inquest magazine would do. XD I just took a look at my card binder and you're right: dang, that Rage card is shiny. =P (I kept all the promo cards I got through the years and put one from each TCG in a binder as a TCG gallery of sorts.)

Offline Ctwo

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 08:00:12 PM »
@Mr. B:

What are you going to use to design the cards? I've got an idea for a TCG I've been milling around the back of my head for a long time now, but kinda dreaded using Viseo or some other general graphics engine to design the cards. If you know a more customized app that might inspire me to actually sit down and make the game.

Offline MrB

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »
@Ctwo
I'm guessing you mean TheKmank instead of me? I'm not designing anything; I'm just on here throwing my ideas at people... =P I've got near-zero graphical skills too, so I've got no suggesstions on that subject I'm afraid... I hope you find a good app for your TCG. =)

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »
We need to have this chick as one of the battle maidens

Such... Badassery!

Offline oracle0909

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »
I don't know how useful it would be but lackey ccg, (www.lackeyccg.com) is a cool program where a bunch of people meet to play online, but more importantly, can create/re-design the layout of the board/cards/etc. to fit their own games.

Right now there are something like 30 different ccgs that use lackey, including Magic, Battletech, Warhammer, Pokemon, and yugioh. 

So I mean if you want to try and test out the mechanics/play style of your game, and want to do it without wasting paper/too much time in actual cards it might be a viable option for you.  Plus then others could test and play even without you around!