Author Topic: New release for my Hentai High School remake  (Read 40642 times)

Offline Hedonismbot

Re: New release for my Hentai High School remake
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »
Feel free to link.  Cypress invited me to join the site, but given my irregular schedule and psychological maladies, I'll be turning down the offer int he near term.  But feel free to link me, and I'll see if I can't drop by the message board someday.

Go nuts with the images.  I've stolen every one of Pooolka's images, and added my own.  All of them come from places like Gelbooru and Aerisdies and all the normal places.  I don't claim anything as my own, so as long as the original artist doesn't come complaining, I say grab anything you can find.  I just ask that you let me know if someone comes along and decensors or takes the watermark off anything, so I can replace my version with the good one.

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 11:22:03 PM »
Bumping to point out that I've updated to 0.2.1.  Filled out the around school events for the early game, put much more info in the building descriptions, and done a thing or two to speed up rendering.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 03:09:33 PM »
Bumping to point out that I've updated to 0.2.1.  Filled out the around school events for the early game, put much more info in the building descriptions, and done a thing or two to speed up rendering.
Thanks, good job.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
heres a idea, SANDBOX mode.

basicly all you do is stop the game from ending at year 20.

thats all.

is that going to be very hard to do? it doesnt sound it, but then i know nothing of programing...

its just when i get to all the fun parts, (deviance 80% w00t.) Its end game time. also, the teacher confrence ALLWAYS picks the newest teacher, the one with the lowest skills, so by the time you have a teach worth showing off you CANT.

Offline x0mbiec0rp

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »
My statistics window pops up for a second then immediately disappears. At least, I think that is what is happening. If it is not, then I have no way to check my current status, and if that were truly the case, I would think somebody else would have complained by now...

Any ideas what's causing this?

Offline James

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 12:11:51 AM »
Hedonismbot nice job on actually making something, however it seems at the moment we have very little options, since i managed to get the old bukkake onsen scene (haruhi one) and noticed there was no choices only an amusing observation.

and what exactly are you using to calculate the budget? even with a school that has all 90s plus (reputation included) the budget is only around 3k, and you need a 6k budget in order to be able to maintain all the level 4 stuff.

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 01:06:24 AM »
I don't have any options in the visit events yet, those are coming semi-soon.  They are planned, just haven't built the engine to handle them yet (and I want some special things in to support them and make them interesting).

Money is calculated off of population.  It's really simple right now.  5*population = income.  Population follows reputation (specifically the population change is a Gaussian deviate with a mean determined by linearly interpolating between certain fixed reputation-to-population points, with a standard deviation proportional to current population).  As your rep goes up, your population will follow, but it can only change so much, and it tends to lag behind some reputation gains.  Right now I'm wanting to tweak it a little, because cash grows so slowly at low levels of rep, then it just goes totally nuts when your population gets to a certain level.  Too nonlinear really.  Just gotta tweak a few points in a table, but it's tedious work.

I'm worried about the stat window doing that.  It's probably hiding underneath your main window.  C# isn't exactly standard in how it handles my placement code.  Some machines handle it great, some crap it up badly.  In either the next major version, or the one after that, I'm planning a completely different second GUI.  Classic mode for people who want Pooolka's layout, and a new mode that is basically a huge rip of SlaveMaker's GUI.  Both work, choose your favorite.  Won't be soon, but it would fix a lot of weird little issues that pop up on certain systems.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:58:32 PM by Hedonismbot »

Offline James

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 02:03:27 PM »
hmm that explains it, but i dose make sense, and i asume you use a flag to check is year = 20 to end the game right?

to make a cheap 'sandbox mode' i could upload a save with the year as 21, so people stop asking. (in case it isnt obvious i edit the game saves to test out more aspects of the game.)

but still i found it funny, 'sticky water' nice job anyway the text are generaly amusing.

and on another note, what do you use to check for a potental teacher stat upgrade? teachers that have very high stats tend to get them more often, and when all their stats are caped (or close to it) they get it non stop.

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »
If someone really wants to play sandbox style, they can just change the year on their saves.  It shouldn't be too tough to figure out the format.  Just save around year 19, and change it back to year 0.

For teacher upgrade events, I roll a random number between 1 and 100.  If that number is less than loyalty, you get to choose what to improve.  If you choose loyalty, you get a +10 to all the other class checks (to see if a given teacher skill increases your stats).  If you choose, say, teaching, all the other tests go normally, and teaching gets +50.  That usually leads to +2 to a skill, and soon will end up with other, neater rewards as well.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 06:28:22 PM »
Money is calculated off of population.  It's really simple right now.  5*population = income.  Population follows reputation (specifically the population change is a Gaussian deviate with a mean determined by linearly interpolating between certain fixed reputation-to-population points, with a mean proportional to current population).  As your rep goes up, your population will follow, but it can only change so much, and it tends to lag behind some reputation gains.  Right nos I'm wanting to tweak it a little, because cash grows so slowly at low levels of rep, then it just goes totally nuts when your population gets to a certain level.  Too nonlinear really.  Just gotta tweak a few points in a table, but it's tedious work.

*Nosebleeds*

MATH SPEAK!!  :D

You sure know how to make a girl feel at home.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:31:06 PM by ShiningRadiance »
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline James

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »
hmm yea i figured it was tied to some stat though of course since im not looking at the code i couldnt figure out which one.

as for the sandbox thing, im not sure how manny people know how easy it is to modify the save, and personaly id rather not show them how, but im reasoning, that since you probably have a loop set up if x!=20 x++; puting it at 21 or higher will alow the people to play endlessly like want to with out having to open up the save file.

thanks for the info and good luck figuring out a formula for the population/budget.

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 12:33:46 AM »
Just updated to v0.2.2.  This fleshes out the Around School more into the mid-game level, and now we scale all money-affecting events by year.  That way, you don't get screwed as bad (or as lucky) with events early in the game.  Barring a major bug or whatnot, I will have one more release before I start work on v0.3.

Offline Hedonismbot

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 10:51:48 PM »
I've changed the links to 0.2.3.  It updates a few minor things, and adds the rest of the around school updates.  Unless something awful comes up, this will be the final release until 0.3  I'll still be on boards, but won't update the code.  I'll release 0.3 when I do, which may be a month, or a year.  Your human time is a strange concept to me.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 11:32:04 PM »
I've changed the links to 0.2.3.  It updates a few minor things, and adds the rest of the around school updates.  Unless something awful comes up, this will be the final release until 0.3  I'll still be on boards, but won't update the code.  I'll release 0.3 when I do, which may be a month, or a year.  Your human time is a strange concept to me.

Hahaha, well I look forward to it. I had a lot of fun with what's there; I can't wait till there's more to it. :D
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline lol_169

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2011, 12:08:14 PM »
For the save file, are my following assumptions correct?

Code: [Select]
Year
Cash
Population
Behaviour
Intelligence
Artistry
Athletics
Deviance
Inhibition
# of Teachers
Teacher#1- Perversion
Teacher#1- Teaching
Teacher#1- Loyalty
Teacher#1- Discipline
Teacher#1- Fun
Teacher#1- Subject
Teacher#2- Perversion
 Teacher#2- Teaching
 Teacher#2- Loyalty
 Teacher#2- Discipline
 Teacher#2- Fun
 Teacher#2- Subject
(?)
Security
Level: Security
Classrooms
Level: Classrooms
Pool
Level: Pool
Gym
Level: Gym
Grounds
Level: Grounds
Baths
Level: Baths

And also, what would be the line there between the teacher subject and the building levels? I am currently unaware of what it is.