devolution

Author Topic: animated images  (Read 4412 times)

Offline crazy

animated images
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:50:55 AM »
Decided i was going add a few animated images to some of my girl packs the 1st one i did worked for a few frames then stopped but after that it wouldn't let me view the gallery anymore or the gallery for any other girls it would just show the animated image where it had froze.  I may have messed it up or it may be a bug has any one that would know tested them?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: animated images
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 05:59:44 AM »
As far as I know, it's entirely untested. If you post your test example, I'll try to set some time aside to test it out.

Offline crazy

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:16:12 AM »
As far as I know, it's entirely untested. If you post your test example, I'll try to set some time aside to test it out.
Ok thanks attached it.  Don't guess it would matter which girl you put it in so just giving what i think you need to test it.  If you need something else let me know.

Offline crazy

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 06:25:09 AM »
they no longer break the gallery but they seem to not loop they just play once and never again.  On a side note when making these images your suppose to put the image speed but i have no ideal where to get how fast it should play an ideals on finding that out?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 07:15:04 AM »
Hmm. When I used your test animation there, it would repeat over and over for me, even after switching to another image and back in the gallery.

As for the speed, I haven't looked into it. Simple experimentation to find an acceptable speed should work well enough.

Offline crazy

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »
Yea got the speed down now after just trying a bunch of different numbers.  Maybe its just something on my end that isn't allowing it to loop has anyone else tried to do animated images that could say if its looping for them?  Cause it could very well be something to do with my computer.  If anyone wants to use the test above i posted its for Flay Alaster from gundam seed but it would work with any girl to see if it loops or not.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:51:28 PM by crazymuncy »

Offline GonDra

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »
The Test.rar thats linked here in the thread seems to run fine in the gallery but a test with the animation being the only sex picture revealed that it isn't displayed correctly in turn summary (it shows only the complete image out of the sub-folder).

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 07:37:30 PM »
Confirmed. I've just copied over and adapted the Gallery code for showing animated images, but for some reason it's still not working correctly; it's animated in a sense with portions of the overall image jumping and flashing around. Not sure what the deal is, the image controls seem to be set up the same, it's just not working. Hmm... I'll try to tinker with it a bit more, but I'm currently at a loss as to what the problem might be.

EDIT: tinkered and tinkered some more, no luck. I even tried resizing and moving the image control on the Turn Summary screen to match that of the Gallery screen, changed the order the controls were added, and monitored all of the image data being handled on both screens... everything looked to be working exactly the same, except the image shown on-screen was still fucked up just the same. Sorry, but I give up on this one for now; maybe converting the screens to XML layout might somehow fix it when I get back to that (or, on the other hand, might break both :P).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:01:10 PM by Dagoth »