devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3817138 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9735 on: March 21, 2017, 02:08:35 AM »
Fighting and sleeping are located in actions. Meaning character actually should DO them, ie fight with someone or actually sleep.

Battle and rest are general tags. For example, character could stand with a weapon in hand without fighting someone, and it may count as battle.
Or she could drink coffee sitting on a sofa, or reading a book under a tree, and it counts as rest.
Naturally, the same picture could be suitable for profile and battle, or for profile and rest. That's why you can freely use tags in the tagger.

I can tag an image SFW and Striptease, will it still work as intended or does it need to be Nude and Striptease?
If she's really SFW, without nudity, then yes. Otherwise we may show her SFW picture when we need a nude one.

Whats Healing? Themselves or others?
Others. Like casting non offensive spell, being dressed as a SFW nurse, have any kind of medical equipment in hands, etc.

Girlsmeets tag is only for meeting girls you dont own or employ?
It's used in interactions with hired ones too.
Basically, it's a picture when character stands straight, not under unusual angle or something, and looks in the camera. Ie when you talk with her.
Mostly with monotonous backgrounds, but not necessarily too. You can take a look as GM pictures in my packs, the tagger allows to quickly find pictures with needed tags via mask option.

Of course the same picture may be suitable for both profile and GMs.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:15:00 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9736 on: March 21, 2017, 02:14:28 AM »
Isn't there a whole event scripted by CW around (some of) them?
Really? I never noticed, so I thought they are just generic fighters.

It's weird to use popular characters with many hundreds pictures as npcs though, especially when there are many thousands less popular characters who can never have a pack without tons of rendering, but still have enough pics to be npcs at the arena.
But ok, we can find a solution if one day those chars will have full packs.

Actually, I got an idea. I have many characters in mind who can never have a pack, but have enough pics for the arena. I guess I'll add them as arena npcs while you coding jobs and SE.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:52:05 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9737 on: March 21, 2017, 02:58:48 AM »
Alright cool. Then i've been doing it mostly right. :3
Though ive tagged a few nurse outfit images with Profile and Nurse clothing since i figure they'll show if you equip em with said nurse outfit. xD
I'll go back and change that if need be. Or atleast look it over.

Anywho.. Here's some Ikkitousen.
https://mega.nz/#!TdR2VQjB!CXxeT3Aci1XYJbifJs-AyQ77ylOw2DHpiQw-O_1SNkw
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:17:22 AM by Lurker »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9738 on: March 21, 2017, 06:01:44 AM »
Though ive tagged a few nurse outfit images with Profile and Nurse clothing since i figure they'll show if you equip em with said nurse outfit. xD
If there are no healing pics, we'll try to show nurse+SFW. But not every healing picture has nurse outfit, that's why there is healing tag.

Formal clothing are fancy dresses or snappy suits etc?
Well, formal is formal. Dresses suitable for special occasions, which are not usually worn by the character. Stuff like long evening dresses goes there, but it's not a strict category. Unlike the bunny outfit tag, where it only can mean bunny outfit.

I'll take a look later, can't access mega at work  :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:03:29 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9739 on: March 21, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »
Here's what I propose for arena chars: they will be like normal packs, but with very low number of pictures. Only sprite and one portrait will be mandatory (for BE), all others are optional, and used when you interact with the character.
If they have at lest some sex pics, limited intimacy will be available. If they don't have any, they they only will fight at arena - maybe more in the future, like hiring them as guards/party members.

I started to build such a pack for testing based on Arcana Heart. Most characters there have about 30 pictures at best, so they only could be used in special, small packs. With such low number of pictures it won't take long, but at the same time will provide many characters.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:24:50 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9740 on: March 21, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »
Well, it gives ctd because at least one character has untagged images  :D
We check for it before launching the game, so it's important to not have any unfinished pictures in packs.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9741 on: March 21, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #9742 on: March 21, 2017, 01:10:04 PM »
It's weird to use popular characters with many hundreds pictures as npcs though, especially when there are many thousands less popular characters who can never have a pack without tons of rendering, but still have enough pics to be npcs at the arena.
But ok, we can find a solution if one day those chars will have full packs.

Actually, I got an idea. I have many characters in mind who can never have a pack, but have enough pics for the arena. I guess I'll add them as arena npcs while you coding jobs and SE.
Characters from Rance and Umineko didn't have enough pictures for a pack, Tsukihime-melty blood girls do, but that team was just a reference to the carnival phantasm series without a serious though about it. (I have satsuki as a pack, but not planning atm to create other girls from that series)

I like the idea of small characters, besides arena, they could be useful for some generic events, especially if they have that sex pic  8) . Sounds like venturing into random girls territory a bit, but why not?

Dunno if I be able to join the development again, but I'm at least updating my girls datafiles. I managed to get most of the old stuff like custom items, scenes and unique speech lines working again, now I'm lookind what I can do for the girls with that new skill system and animations.

BTW: I like the new look of the CafĂ© on main street, but the girls working here look really weird with that table in the middle  :( 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:14:10 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9743 on: March 21, 2017, 01:55:24 PM »
Yeah, you right. I'll try to move them to the left or cut the picture to remove the table.

If you want to, you could make a few small packs for the arena for unpopular characters. It won't take much time and effort, but it still will help a lot. I suppose they could use the same jsons as normal unique characters, but with some additional field to show that the pack is small, which we can always add later.
It doesn't take as much time as usual packs, I finished 5 characters under a hour simply because they don't have any more pictures anywhere.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9744 on: March 22, 2017, 04:09:05 AM »
If i mark an image with an Action (Striptease, Study, read etc) do i need to mark it with Profile, Girlsmeets etc or is the action tag enough?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9745 on: March 22, 2017, 05:17:16 AM »
My net is back! I'll take a look at whatever I promised to look at before it went down tonight, working on jobs/tiers as time permits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9746 on: March 22, 2017, 06:08:38 AM »
If i mark an image with an Action (Striptease, Study, read etc) do i need to mark it with Profile, Girlsmeets etc or is the action tag enough?
It's enough for the game to use the picture for that tagged action, yeah. We only need SFW or Nude tag no matter what, that's why the tagger does not allow to select an action before you select one of them.

My net is back! I'll take a look at whatever I promised to look at before it went down tonight, working on jobs/tiers as time permits.
Welcome back  :)

We gonna cover chars with small amount of pics by adding them to arena and, as much as possible, to other places like neutral/rival SE teams. They are structured like normal unique packs, but with really low amount of pictures (10-30), therefore they are not available for hiring or usual interactions like normal chars, and cannot have a full fledged pack anyway.

Maybe they need their own folder, dunno. They probably will have a special field in character json, like "small_pack": "True".

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9747 on: March 22, 2017, 06:27:33 AM »
Quote from: DarkTlMaybe they need their own folder, dunno. They probably will have a special field in character json, like "small_pack": "True".
[/quote

If we load them from special folder, tag is redundant... it's your choice, whatever you keep is more convenient. If you want to put them in char/rchar folders, than we need that field indeed, if someplace special, like: simple_chars for example, we can just flag them when loading from it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9748 on: March 22, 2017, 09:55:45 AM »
They will have limited interactions, based on existing pictures. Like, if there are sex pics, sex will be available under certain conditions, such as defeating them at arena.

Anyway, for now fix jump_to_label consumables.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9749 on: March 23, 2017, 03:19:04 AM »
I'd love to, but I took a look at it yesterday and again this morning. So far I can't figure out what exactly is causing an instant jump, my best guess is that it's dummy mechanics and I need to guard against it better but I still don't see wtf it just jumps. Gonna check again...
Like what we're doing?