Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788263 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9750 on: March 23, 2017, 03:30:03 AM »
Almost in all cases their effects cannot be interpreted by dummy, that's why we jump to a label after all, to handle complex, unique logic.

Might as well disable dummy completely for such items.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9751 on: March 23, 2017, 03:35:14 AM »
I never know why these things just break down during refactoring... in either case, code that governed it was imprecise, this is much better:

Code: [Select]
            # if direction and getattr(store, "dummy", None):
            if getattr(store, "eqtarget", None) is self:
Like what we're doing?

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9752 on: March 23, 2017, 08:18:02 AM »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9753 on: March 25, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »
Kewl.

I did some work on jobs/tiers but everything is broken to the point that I can't launch the game atm. I'll see if i can debug to the point of pushing tomorrow or early next week.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9754 on: March 25, 2017, 01:47:38 PM »
I'm going to add info about items, such as the values of mtemp and ctemp fields, to items gui. Otherwise it's too confusing without the knowledge about game mechanics and reading items jsons.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9755 on: March 26, 2017, 03:19:11 AM »
I'm going to add info about items, such as the values of mtemp and ctemp fields, to items gui. Otherwise it's too confusing without the knowledge about game mechanics and reading items jsons.

Same setup as for the traits info?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9756 on: March 26, 2017, 06:09:59 AM »
I think it's done, now along with stats changes the game shows special fields, ie mtemp, ctemp, mdestruct, statmax and mreusable.

Although even with these fields misc items logic can be vague without a proper explanation. And I'm not sure where to explain it. I could add a book about it to library, but it's still not an obvious place to look for items mechanics explanations.

We still need to show skills changes for items, probably in the same way as we do it for traits. But since it required your coding skills for traits, it also requires them for items  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:32:31 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #9757 on: March 26, 2017, 11:55:02 AM »
Should a make a girlpack post in User Mods or where do you want it?

Anywho here's some Bleach.
https://mega.nz/#!vdZBmYhY!TM8TZxAmhxPGNdgEYwQBLfyZ1ZzaDX3c9I8yszJ7stI

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9758 on: March 26, 2017, 02:20:39 PM »
Should a make a girlpack post in User Mods or where do you want it?

I am not sure, just make it here, I can always move it to mods section if something is off with the packs and you're no longer around or interested in fixing them.

We still need to show skills changes for items, probably in the same way as we do it for traits. But since it required your coding skills for traits, it also requires them for items  :)

I'll take a look at what you did and if we can implement the skills for items in the same way as traits. I was thinking of maybe doing that under "pro-stats" or that is useless and should be removed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9759 on: March 26, 2017, 06:23:41 PM »
Oki. Took some doing but I hooked up skills info from items to the screen. It's in the left side, Skills button (former Pro Stats). I've also (hopefully) reliably restored tooltip so it can be used to expand on stuff we display on the screen when item is selected. I've also tried some icons instead of A: K: labels to represent knowledge and action parts of the skills but nothing seems better than plain letters...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9760 on: March 27, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »
Looks good. But I think you forgot about the other items screen which is used in shops and at the items transfer screen. If you take a look at my last push, I changed two files.

Although I have no idea where to show it there. Perhaps just do not show skills there?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9761 on: March 28, 2017, 01:38:46 AM »
Perhaps just do not show skills there?

Yeap. We can always improve the interface but I don't believe that we show a lot of info about items in the shop. Also, don't forget that we planned to reveal full info only to well developed MC at some point in development.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9762 on: March 29, 2017, 10:55:28 AM »
Oki... so, jobs/tiers are not going to pen out the way I wanted. The per job approach I now took is a lot better than the original plan (which was to focus everything in tier class) but still has issues, like for example we cannot reliably guess stat levels at specific tier. Good news is that it now seems possible to level up character to specific tiers. I will soon hook up ideas like dream job and current jobs to logic and take another shot at moving Jobs code to simpy land.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9763 on: March 29, 2017, 12:04:23 PM »
Just try to preserve image logic for whore jobs. It wasn't easy to come up with all those tags elifs to cover all possibilities.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:07:39 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9764 on: March 30, 2017, 03:12:39 AM »
Just try to preserve image logic for whore jobs. It wasn't easy to come up with all those tags elifs to cover all possibilities.

That's the easy part, those methods are all like individual funcs...
Like what we're doing?