devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169467 times)

Offline Zuul

Re: Bugs: 1.30.1 Beta
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »
Definitely improving. 

Although, you might want to post a new build that fixes the bug where we can't get uniques. 

Also, I noticed that on crashes when advancing a week (which happens almost every week for me), the game log always has adding a new recruitable gang as the last line.

Have you checked this?

Quote from: config file
WARNING: BE CAREFUL here; the number of
recruitable gangs plus the number of potential hired
gangs must not exceed the number of names stored in
HiredGangNames.txt. For example, with 20 names, you
could have a max of 12 recruitables since you have to
account for the possible 8 hired gangs.

Offline ChaosKishin

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
technically this isn't a bug, but since the current version of the editor (.68b) isn't compatible with the most recent changes to the config file if you use it to edit the file you will lose the 'GirlMeet' and 'SlaveHousePerc' lines.

Offline drake

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »
Ah, gang names, that might be the case, cause I deleted a lot of them, of course I was crashing before that but it is still one less cause, so hopefully it won't be so frequent.

Offline alexpn

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 01:54:32 AM »
technically this isn't a bug, but since the current version of the editor (.68b) isn't compatible with the most recent changes to the config file if you use it to edit the file you will lose the 'GirlMeet' and 'SlaveHousePerc' lines.
Confirm. After editing config.xml by .68b don't meet any girl since game don't find GirlMeet in config and count as zero. It can be corrected using config.xml from update archive and editing without wmedit.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 02:08:13 AM »
I've got a laptop with a touchpad, and if your finger strays onto the bottom edge of the pad, it generates mouse wheel events. It's quite easy to drift into that zone when you're moving the mouse pointer which can be a pain, but generally doesn't make much difference.

Anyway, in this case I was moving the pointer over the buttons on the main screen and one of them fired as if clicked. That could have been explained by me accidentally tapping the pad and generating a click, but  the button fired several times in succession, which usually means mousewheel events.

I'll see if I can replicate it a bit later - I don't have the lappy to hand at the moment.

[edit]

Confirmed. If I put the pointer over the game save button and run my finger over the scroll area on the trackpad, I get about a hundred queued save button events

[edit]

Anyone else find that girls captured in the catacombs occasionally arrive dead?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 05:03:29 AM by DocClox »

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 06:28:45 PM »
Confirm. After editing config.xml by .68b don't meet any girl since game don't find GirlMeet in config and count as zero. It can be corrected using config.xml from update archive and editing without wmedit.

As someone whose programming experience encompasses one semester of Visual Basic and one semester of HTML......  how does one edit the config file without WMEdit?

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 06:31:04 PM »
I've got a laptop with a touchpad, and if your finger strays onto the bottom edge of the pad, it generates mouse wheel events. It's quite easy to drift into that zone when you're moving the mouse pointer which can be a pain, but generally doesn't make much difference.

Anyway, in this case I was moving the pointer over the buttons on the main screen and one of them fired as if clicked. That could have been explained by me accidentally tapping the pad and generating a click, but  the button fired several times in succession, which usually means mousewheel events.

I'll see if I can replicate it a bit later - I don't have the lappy to hand at the moment.

[edit]

Confirmed. If I put the pointer over the game save button and run my finger over the scroll area on the trackpad, I get about a hundred queued save button events

[edit]

Arrive dead? no, but I have had the program freeze during a save, and then when I finally get it back up found my last 5+ girls are simply red lines- no names, no stats, just red lines and the very last girl with a name is dead.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »

As someone whose programming experience encompasses one semester of Visual Basic and one semester of HTML......  how does one edit the config file without WMEdit?

Good old notepad.  Though wordpad formats it a little better.

It's in XML which is basically HTML on roids. you can edit it just as easily.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
All my items got wiped out on clicking next week.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 08:17:49 PM »
Slight bug with the new system that lets non random girls be virgins.

Had a girl that had both the MILF trait and Is a virgin. Kinda silly really  :D
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline sgb

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
Not a bug considering this was listed as an intentional change in the last version.

MILF trait and Is a virgin
This one however is.  Those two need to be set to mutually exclusive like Tough/Fragile. 

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 08:26:01 PM »
I have had a random girl have both which was just weird ??? , not too mention she was 55 or so years old.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »
Not a bug considering this was listed as an intentional change in the last version.
This one however is.  Those two need to be set to mutually exclusive like Tough/Fragile.

I know it wasn't a bug. I did call it the new system that allows non random girls to be virgins after all  :D
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Zuul

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »

Had a girl that had both the MILF trait and Is a virgin. Kinda silly   really  :D

Lessee... *digs in the forum*

Aah, here it is, from January 23rd: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=246.0
Seems like this never really got adressed, huh.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »

Actually, if not set it should be defaulting to 30%, not 0%.

Strange. It's not doing that with my regular mouse scroll wheel. Maybe SDL is registering a different button event for you trackpad scroll area rather than SDL_BUTTON_WHEELDOWN or SDL_BUTTON_WHEELUP? Does that scroll area work to scroll up and down lists in the game when hovering over them?

Do you have a save from before that happens?

I have had the program freeze during a save, and then when I finally get it back up found my last 5+ girls are simply red lines- no names, no stats, just red lines and the very last girl with a name is dead.

Do you have a copy of that save? I can't figure how you would end up with red lines in place of girl details, so it would be helpful.

All my items got wiped out on clicking next week.

Do you have a copy of that save from before clicking Next Week?

Had a girl that had both the MILF trait and Is a virgin. Kinda silly really  :D

Yeah, I thought that one was tackled when WonderDog was overhauling the trait system. I'll note it down to look into.