devolution

Author Topic: the dead  (Read 23986 times)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
Re: the dead
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »
wouldn't you have less customers because of the whole graveyard thing? so you'd have less customers paying less money to fuck corpses of the girls that earned more money that you killed so you could make them into zombies that attracted less customers that pay less money?

I'm all for suiting everyone's fetishes, and all, but... couldn't someone interested in this feature make it themselves once the lua integration is done?
as it is, unless you have a hardcore zombie fetish, it has no value whatsoever

Hahaha, well if a girl can see 5 customers a day but there's 20 people interested then that does nothing for the player, where as a zombie can see anyone interested as they don't have a choice.

But, I agree with you in a sense. I thought it'd be a cool alternative if you killed one of your favorite girls, and or used it to hire monsters as gangs (mentioned in the first post) otherwise, yeah it's pretty useless. A feature we could do without unless the developers felt the need to just add more at some point.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 03:29:31 AM »
Well, the custom room thing is pretty much working. I'm doing the Lua integration now. It won't be too long before you can write your own graveyard addon for the game. Same goes for proposed teleporter room elsewhere on the board.

That said, its still going to be a month or so given my paying commitments. Still, all this should be doable in the medium future.

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »
I'm not taking a stance on the whole necrophilia aspect, but there's a way you could revive people.  You're in a world that's in a state of massive dimensional shifting.  With that in mind, it wouldn't be inconceivable to go to the universe "next door" to your own and steal that universe's girl.  It wouldn't be an actual revive, more like stealing a bearded copy of the original.

Hey, it worked for Jet Li.
The rules were written by people who couldn't win without them.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
Hey, it worked for Jet Li.

"I am yu-law, I am nobody's bitch!
But you, <points at everyone> Are mine!"

Great movie that was  :D !

An "Id Self" version of a dead girl might be interesting. Especially, that Jet Li showed us ;) , personalities are way different for your copy in another dimension. The Sweet innocent obedient girl is now a Raging, nut ripping terror.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »
An "Id Self" version of a dead girl might be interesting. Especially, that Jet Li showed us ;) , personalities are way different for your copy in another dimension. The Sweet innocent obedient girl is now a Raging, nut ripping terror.

I was thinking something a little more. . . subtle.  If it was a vastly different girl from the original, then it wouldn't be a true "revive."  I'm talking similar universes, not bearded Spock.  But then that opens up whole other doors, like your alternate copy sending gangs to capture YOUR girls because he killed his.  Or maybe he seeks refuge in your universe because he got his ass kicked in his own.

I'm starting to get a little dizzy, I'm gonna stop now. . .

Offline Lorde

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 08:37:35 PM »
Well that could be the danger of bringing them back. On the one hand you can get a near copy of the girl. On the other, if you aren't lucky, you get something totally different than you wanted. Something that kicks the crap out of all your guards, sets fire to all your brothels, tells the mayor you slept with his daughter then punches 2 kittens. These kittens stick to her fists like mittens. With this, she runs up to everyone and yells "How you like my fuzzy kitten mittens?" Then makes Meyu and Meya noises as she punches them. And your expected to clean all that up.

Of course, Ridiculous extremes aside, I can see how this could be abused. Kill off difficult to handle girls till you get something more manageable. Or kill off the one with crappy stats till you get better stats. So your almost exact copy idea is probably better in the long run.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 10:52:13 PM »
Well that could be the danger of bringing them back. On the one hand you can get a near copy of the girl. On the other, if you aren't lucky, you get something totally different than you wanted. Something that kicks the crap out of all your guards, sets fire to all your brothels, tells the mayor you slept with his daughter then punches 2 kittens. These kittens stick to her fists like mittens. With this, she runs up to everyone and yells "How you like my fuzzy kitten mittens?" Then makes Meyu and Meya noises as she punches them. And your expected to clean all that up.

Of course, Ridiculous extremes aside, I can see how this could be abused. Kill off difficult to handle girls till you get something more manageable. Or kill off the one with crappy stats till you get better stats. So your almost exact copy idea is probably better in the long run.

Kitten mittens?  I think I'm in love!  Anyway, I imagine it would be difficult to pull it off.  Getting a replacement copy, not the mittens. . .
 Inter-dimensional travel is no walk in the park.  Maybe more like a walk in the catacombs.  When you send the gangs into the catacombs, there could be an event where they find a "gate room" or a "remote" that lets you travel to specific places.  Then you get a new job for your gangs where they travel across the multiverse.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 11:34:50 PM »
I always akin Crossgate to Cynosure. The city from the old, sadly   defunct, Grimjack comic.

Basically dimensions meet at random points in the city. I'll describe   how it worked with an example.

Lets say one morning you walk out of your house and across the street,   instead of your neighbors house you see what looks like an old medieval   tavern. Interested you walk down the street. Suddenly you walk in what   looks like a bee hive. Walking further down, it looks like buildings   from a utopian future city.  You, and more likely the area of earth   where your house and probably a few square miles of land have been   "phased in" to Cynosure.  You walk | run back home and when you get   there. Nothing. Your Neighborhood has been "phased out" back to earth   and, because you weren't there at the time, you are now trapped in the   city. 

Also in Grimjack, some parts of the city where so Phased In that you   could walk right into there attached dimensions. Other times dimensions phased in and out long enough to   develop a few "squaters".

Least this is my picture of crossgate and something I'd like to use as a   basis when the new scripting engine comes out.

Course the city could be something closer to Wormwood or Sigil or hell   even stargate. In that case, your idea pans out more.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

exodia91

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »
Except once you find it you can just zerg rush disposable gang after gang into it until they succeed, thus making death pointless and girls disposable. She died from overworking? no problem, I'll just get 5 disposable gangs to grab a copy. If people want to make a zombie master mod when the games officially released, that's fine, I just don't think resurrection/copies/clones would fit well in the main game. It would either be abusable, for a small niche audience, or etc etc etc.

Personally I'd rather have coders working on the building system and other stuff then something the game doesn't really need unless you're stupidly careless.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 11:43:31 PM »
hey something akin to a stargate could be used in clone maker or what ever it is to be called.  the gateway you could call it ingame could be used by your girls to gather DNA to make more/better ones
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »
If people want to make a zombie master mod when the games officially released, that's fine,

Can I have a headcrab Zombie master mod instead? Maybe they can finally get there icing?
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 02:16:28 AM »
It could also be like Planescape:Torment where you can accidentally enter another universe by walking backwards through a door while whistling a catchy tune.

Offline fixet

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 07:18:45 AM »
what the hell is this thread even about anymore?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
what the hell is this thread even about anymore?

It kind of drifted onto alternative methods of replacing dead girls, and thence onto how Crossgate's dimensional portals work, and then onto similar fictional cities.

Sigil was the city in the classic infinity engine CRPG Torment:Planescape, which I can still recommend, for all it's a bit old now. Cynosure was the setting for a fantastic 80s comic called Grimjack. The original creators recently revived the character for short run which you can read online if you're interested.

That said, we have drifted a bit off topic here. Perhaps we could do with a "Nature of Crossgate" thread to kick these ideas around.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
It kind of drifted onto alternative methods of replacing dead girls, and thence onto how Crossgate's dimensional portals work, and then onto similar fictional cities.

Sorry ;D

Sigil was the city in the classic infinity engine CRPG Torment:Planescape, which I can still recommend, for all it's a bit old now.

Further based on the Planescape Campaign setting for the 2nd edition AD&D rules. If you guys can find the PDF's online or the original box sets on ebay for these rulebooks, I'd highly recommend them. Artwork was beautiful and the writing was superb. You don't even need to know D&D rules nor want to play the game to enjoy them.  Some of the greatest fiction to come out of the 90's.

Cynosure was the setting for a fantastic 80s comic called Grimjack. The original creators recently revived the character for short run which you can read online if you're interested.

You are a "Mighty Biotic God" for pointing that out to me Doc. I'll get to reading those right away. Had no idea they brought it back. <checked> YAAAAA NO Twilley!

That said, we have drifted a bit off topic here. Perhaps we could do with a "Nature of Crossgate" thread to kick these ideas around.

Message received. Sorry for derailing the hell out of the topic. (Head crabs? Jesus) I get tired and the non sequiturs come flying. I actually will start a Nature of Crossgate thread later today. I am very interested in that sorta thing.

Also I agree with Exodia on the broken aspects of bringing girls back. If you can piece my thought's together through most of the verbal diarrhea, you should notice that. Thought I'd point that out to  stay on topic. :D
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)