Author Topic: I may have screwed up my file...  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Musca

I may have screwed up my file...
« on: September 04, 2016, 01:54:22 AM »
So for some reason, when I tried to open the exe for pytfall it asked what program to open it with. I thought it was odd, so I reextracted and tried again. Same result, only thing time instead of exiting, I accidentally clicked to open it with notepad. -_- Now I have no idea how to fix it so I can actually run the game. I'm on windows 10.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: I may have screwed up my file...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 03:32:06 AM »
It should just run when you launch the .exe. Windows shouldn't (ever) ask what program to open with an exe file. There should be logs made if you launch the game as well. There is also a chance that something was quarantined if you're using intrusive AV software (Norton, Kaspersky and etc.).

Basically the (Alpha version of the) game is setup to play as soon as you click the .exe file. If you have special software setups that prevent that, there is very little we can do to help.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Musca

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:01:14 AM »
Figured out the issue. It was apparently trying to generate an error message due to one of the girl packs I installed, which is why it was trying to use another program. Deleting the offending pack fixed the issue.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 06:52:29 AM »
If we distributed the alpha together with old version of renpy (I don't remember), it might be the cause because win10 didn't existed back then.