Im scared that my ideas will shot down hard or rudely
I dont belive evolved will ever be released
Im only here to play not give ideas
I hate/Dislike the developer
Only interested in playing
I just dont have any time to look at it
I do when i have a chance
I Dont like WM and this Evolved will be pretty much a copy

Author Topic: Wm:Evolved  (Read 59051 times)

Offline ShoHaFa

Re: Wm:Evolved
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »
For pregnancy, I'd suggest giving the daughters a 50-90 percent chance on each of her traits (rolled for each trait seperately!) to inherit it. So some may fall off, others may be randomly added by the game. That way, you can also introduce a "breeding" aspect, where players try to breed for extremely rare, untrainable, but highly desirable traits. And since they're all females and we have little control over the daddies, there'd be no option to crossbreed! So that would rule out "overpowered" girls. Also, keep any such traits out of any game-editors, and just give a slight chance to assign such traits upon girl creation, no matter if it's a unique or a special girl.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 07:40:06 PM »
For pregnancy, I'd suggest giving the daughters a 50-90 percent chance on each of her traits (rolled for each trait seperately!) to inherit it. So some may fall off, others may be randomly added by the game. That way, you can also introduce a "breeding" aspect, where players try to breed for extremely rare, untrainable, but highly desirable traits. And since they're all females and we have little control over the daddies, there'd be no option to crossbreed! So that would rule out "overpowered" girls. Also, keep any such traits out of any game-editors, and just give a slight chance to assign such traits upon girl creation, no matter if it's a unique or a special girl.

Hmm i like the idea, but ill ask you should the game randomly choose the perstage of the trait posibly of passing on or should it be done in game, or should the chance be asigned to each trait

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:40 PM »
Updated Stats Complete in the outline, although some do not have discriptions

Please do comment on what you think

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline ShoHaFa

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2015, 03:03:39 AM »

Hmm i like the idea, but ill ask you should the game randomly choose the perstage of the trait posibly of passing on or should it be done in game, or should the chance be asigned to each trait
Well, at first when I thought of the trait inheritance, I figured 90 percent would be neat. But, then I thought it might be a bit much, since there's also supposedly some "daddy genes" involved, which should negate some of the chance. So now I think it should be lower, but that 50% might be a bit too low for it to remain fun. So, I'd test such a feature a few times, get a sense of how the traits get inherited, and tweak the overall percentage until you're satisfied.

It's been ages since I did any math with bell-curves and such, but if you remember how to do em, it might help. You'd want to end up with daughters generally being very similar to their mothers, but rarely identical, and rarely unrecognizably different. When mother and daughter are extremely similar, or even identical, you could even program things in such a manner, that the daughter uses the image files of the mother. Something like:
general similarity:  ~80 percent of the time
extreme similarity: ~5 percent of the time (daughter uses mothers' image files)
identical: maybe 1%, but handles the same as extreme similarity. But congrats to the player for a successful cloning  :D

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »
Well, at first when I thought of the trait inheritance, I figured 90 percent would be neat. But, then I thought it might be a bit much, since there's also supposedly some "daddy genes" involved, which should negate some of the chance. So now I think it should be lower, but that 50% might be a bit too low for it to remain fun. So, I'd test such a feature a few times, get a sense of how the traits get inherited, and tweak the overall percentage until you're satisfied.

It's been ages since I did any math with bell-curves and such, but if you remember how to do em, it might help. You'd want to end up with daughters generally being very similar to their mothers, but rarely identical, and rarely unrecognizably different. When mother and daughter are extremely similar, or even identical, you could even program things in such a manner, that the daughter uses the image files of the mother. Something like:
general similarity:  ~80 percent of the time
extreme similarity: ~5 percent of the time (daughter uses mothers' image files)
identical: maybe 1%, but handles the same as extreme similarity. But congrats to the player for a successful cloning  :D

Well, not only will it be randomized, but the chances raise as the girl's stats rise, thier are stats(yes i am going extreamly fantasy here) that increase the chances of getting positive traits, but also lowers negitive traits

but the traits really wont be what makes each girl special, it will be the stats :)

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2015, 11:31:59 AM »
Currently working on the stats
(oulined stats about 60% complete)
(Codded stats about 20% complete)
(Editor stats about 15% complete)
(Roughting out duplicates, waiting to finish outlined stats)

Any thoughts on better stats please post your stat ideas here
outlined stats 100% complete
Codding 30%
editor 20%
Remove duplicate stats=100%

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2015, 12:34:06 PM »
outlined stats 100% complete
Codding 30%
editor 20%
Remove duplicate stats=100%
Outlined=complete
Removing Dublicates=complete
Codded=50% complete
Editor 20% complete

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2015, 06:23:25 AM »
"If you turned the girl into a pet, you will be allowed to fully choose Her stats"? What do you mean?

I see you planning to rely on donations. Do you have any experience with it? I've seen many projects that hoped for donations and successfully closed because of their lack.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2015, 08:44:08 AM »
"If you turned the girl into a pet, you will be allowed to fully choose Her stats"? What do you mean?

I see you planning to rely on donations. Do you have any experience with it? I've seen many projects that hoped for donations and successfully closed because of their lack.

1) it means that when you turn a girl into a pet you get to fully choose which stats to upgrade her stats at level up

2) i honestly have no experience with it, but im planning on doing a kickstarter and a pateron

Offline Lurker

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
If you plan on getting donations you might want to be careful with what art you use in the game. If you dont have the artists permission there might be trouble.
Fan games are one thing but when money starts getting involved things change. Just something to think about.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2015, 09:44:32 AM »
Yea, i mean for the base game ill try to find me an artist that can do thier own images of girls, but they shouldnt get pissed about mods should they, sence i dont make the mods?

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2015, 08:53:45 AM »
Added the editor, for the reason of tagging images

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
Im back, with new computer, so expect progress updates every so often!

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2015, 01:19:00 PM »
Updated Posts with new changes

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2015, 01:47:20 PM »
added download link for the editor