Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937858 times)

Offline PolitenessMan

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.28
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »
I'm not sure if you were told this yet but there seems to be a bug with the brothel set up.

When switching between your house setup and going to the brothel, the set up doesn't switch the brothel until you leave and reenter again.

Basically
-I go to my house.   Brothel Setup says 'Your House'; Add more rooms.
-Go back to city map, select Brothel 1
-Try to add rooms for Brothel 1. 
-Brothel Setup says 'Your House'
-Leave.  Reenter and then it says 'Brothel 1 name'

Sometimes I forget this bug and I accidentally blow all my money on room extensions for my house when the brothel needed it.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2015, 09:39:46 PM »
I'm not sure if you were told this yet but there seems to be a bug with the brothel set up.

When switching between your house setup and going to the brothel, the set up doesn't switch the brothel until you leave and reenter again.

Basically
-I go to my house.   Brothel Setup says 'Your House'; Add more rooms.
-Go back to city map, select Brothel 1
-Try to add rooms for Brothel 1. 
-Brothel Setup says 'Your House'
-Leave.  Reenter and then it says 'Brothel 1 name'

Sometimes I forget this bug and I accidentally blow all my money on room extensions for my house when the brothel needed it.
Seems to be a problem with the "back" button.
If you use the F# keys this does not seem to happen.
It should work properly in the next version.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Leechlord

« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2015, 02:30:01 AM »
I'm new to this game. Are there any settings or mods to fix the difficulty? My last few game tries I've completed an objective within the first week of starting and been given 35,000,000 or some other absurd number.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2015, 02:35:40 AM »
as far as i know of thier isnt any way to change difficulty
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline sacredferro

« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2015, 02:40:42 AM »
Seems to be a problem with the "back" button.
If you use the F# keys this does not seem to happen.
It should work properly in the next version.

I've actually seen this in previous versions of Crazy's Mod, other mods, and even the vanilla game. I'm assuming having a separate background for each brothel is out of the question since WM likely uses the same image file for all brothel setup menus.

Offline sacredferro

« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2015, 02:46:34 AM »
Also, is anyone else having an issue with the editor saving changes made to .itemsx files you've already made? I can save an .itemsx file if it's a new file, but if it has items from a current .itemsx file, the editor simply will not save no matter where or what name I try to save the file.

I swear the editor is a nice addition to have, but the bugs are real...

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2015, 03:02:31 AM »
I'm new to this game. Are there any settings or mods to fix the difficulty? My last few game tries I've completed an objective within the first week of starting and been given 35,000,000 or some other absurd number.
I will look into the objective giving an excessive amount, looks like a bug.

Update:
Looks like I made the rivals a bit to difficult, they seem to be getting around 100k-500k gold per turn.
You got the hinder rival reward that gives you a random amount of 1-50% of their gold.
I really need to tone them down more.

Update Update:
After tweaking the numbers some more I seem to have come up with a better breakdown for rivals.
They tend to gain between 2k and 20k per turn with enough randomness to allow power shifts.
With no intervention on the player's part, the frontrunner should end up with 200k by the time they start attacking you.

I did a test starting a new game and saved it on the first turn.
 - To start the rivals had: 50k, 25k, 25k, 5k and 30k
The first run I just let the gangs fight each other.
 - 12 turns no intervention: 126k, 271k, 181k, 111k and 229k
The second run I reloaded from the first turn and only spent money on hiring and improving gangs.
Any gang with 12 or more would sabotage and under 12 would recruit.
 - 12 turns with intervention: 40k, 240k, 185k, 129k and 171k
 - I ended up with 4k
 - These were just starting gangs with no extra training so hopefully trained gangs would do better.

Looks like I need to tweak the sabotage mission again to do more damage.
The old amount of gold taken from a rival was a fixed amount maxed around 5k with 100 intelligence gang.
Now you can steal 1% to 10% of their gold plus 1-1500.
Code: [Select]
gold = g_Dice.random((gang->intelligence() / 1000) * rival->m_Gold) + g_Dice.random(gang->intelligence() * gang->m_Num);
- 12 turns with new calcs: 96k, 247k, 129k, 117k and 223k
 - I ended up with 8k - best I stole in one attack was 6k

One more small cut to their profits should about do it.

I've actually seen this in previous versions of Crazy's Mod, other mods, and even the vanilla game. I'm assuming having a separate background for each brothel is out of the question since WM likely uses the same image file for all brothel setup menus.
Once you use F1 to go to the brothel, use numbers 1-7 to switch between them.
9 and 0 will show you hot keys, this will also Hotkeys currently in the game.

Also, is anyone else having an issue with the editor saving changes made to .itemsx files you've already made? I can save an .itemsx file if it's a new file, but if it has items from a current .itemsx file, the editor simply will not save no matter where or what name I try to save the file.

I swear the editor is a nice addition to have, but the bugs are real...
Which editor are you using? The one with the game or MuteDay's editor for his WM-Evolved?

The one with the game has not been updated in a while so it may not work 100% with all the new things added.
Testing it, it is breaking on the skills and stats that have been added since.
I will add the missing ones into the item save and push a new version when I push WM.06.00.29

Update:
WME 0.8.15 will be able to save items with the new stats, skills and statuses.
The (r)girls should also be able to save but I have not added the new stuff to be able to edit them yet.
You will have to manually add the numbers to "Refinement", "Dignity" and "Lactation".
They should probably stay at 0 unless you specifically need them changed.

Update Update:
I may as well add them in now.

Update 3:
I have gotten the girls part done just need to do the rgirls.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:49:58 AM by aevojoey »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2015, 08:07:56 AM »
Are flexible/customize-able traits being worked on? It's the only reason why I'm delaying downloading a new version since... some time.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2015, 08:38:35 AM »
Are flexible/customize-able traits being worked on? It's the only reason why I'm delaying downloading a new version since... some time.
No.
Currently I am working on the editor.
I have been focused more on gangs and rivals lately.
The customizable traits is probably not going to be done for a while.
Trying to get what is already here working better before adding more new stuff.
It will get done but not sure when.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.29
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2015, 05:55:54 PM »
.06.00.29 is up

Lots of bug fixes.
Added more to the starting of the game.
WME.0.8.15 included

Offline PolitenessMan

« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2015, 08:38:29 PM »
Did you tweak how much gold a gang gets during the sabatoge job?

I send one out and they bring back 424695 gold.  From one gang.  Seems a bit...excessive.

Okay it's not a fluke.  I'm getting 500k to 1 million per raid, and the rival gangs still have plenty of gold.  Either they have more than I thought, or some multiplier got messed up somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:50:04 PM by PolitenessMan »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2015, 02:01:37 PM »
Did you tweak how much gold a gang gets during the sabatoge job?

I send one out and they bring back 424695 gold.  From one gang.  Seems a bit...excessive.

Okay it's not a fluke.  I'm getting 500k to 1 million per raid, and the rival gangs still have plenty of gold.  Either they have more than I thought, or some multiplier got messed up somewhere.
Girls unequip certain items imediately after you click next week (effect from equiped item is show, but not applied. This was most noticable with an equipable that added incorporeal, she died from rape) and enemy gangs are seriously op. Nearly impossible to defeat and if you manage to get a strong enough gang to attack you get 2-7 million gold when attacking. (i never actually managed to defeat one) Also your money transfers when you start a new game without closing the window, the number you had in the previous game is added to the next one, +4000 to the previous number. (includes when negative) SERIOUSLY OP GANGS.

In trying to make the game harder, I made it easier. :'(
I increased the rival's money making and made their gangs tougher but balancing your gangs to allow you to steal from them when you defeat them made it easier.
I'm going to have to severely hamper their money and their gangs again but that may make them easy to kill off again.

Offline KingofKings

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.00.30
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2015, 04:14:08 AM »
maybe you could make a formula or something that will give the player a percentage of the rival's gold on success, and then have amounts taken away on a percentage base.

Maybe something like this.

(Sabotage netted 15736 gold)
"As the gang Furious Destroyers leave your rival's territory on the way back to your brothel, they come upon a band of local police that are hunting them, and they pay them 3000 gold as a bribe to be let go."

"Upon returning to the brothel, you check the gold and find that the haul is 1500 gold short for some unexplained reason."

That will decrease the amount gained during large hauls (Small hauls will have no changes), further expand the gangs and make a more believable action for player to face during the game.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2015, 03:03:06 PM »
How about adding a way to limit that security rating? It makes sense to me: master just orders a new security policy, making it strict or loose or whatever. If you have not enough guards/girls, they will simply fail to get to the expected security level. If you have more - they will reach the set level, and you will not be forced to unassign some of them cause of extreme security levels(my security scouter shows over 9000 now. Yeah, 9115 to be exact).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:05:50 PM by Uriel »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »
maybe you could make a formula or something that will give the player a percentage of the rival's gold on success, and then have amounts taken away on a percentage base.

Maybe something like this.

(Sabotage netted 15736 gold)
"As the gang Furious Destroyers leave your rival's territory on the way back to your brothel, they come upon a band of local police that are hunting them, and they pay them 3000 gold as a bribe to be let go."

"Upon returning to the brothel, you check the gold and find that the haul is 1500 gold short for some unexplained reason."

That will decrease the amount gained during large hauls (Small hauls will have no changes), further expand the gangs and make a more believable action for player to face during the game.
I have added limiters to sabotage gold collected.
The rival will still lose the same amount but you will end up with much less.
 - some of the gold can 'disappear' before the gang reports in.
 - some gold is lost in burnt 'Gold Bearer Bonds'.
 -  - This will happen a lot so I need more texts options for taking but not keeping 10k+ gold
 - some gold is used to facilitate escape.
 - some gold is paid as a bribe to guards.

How about adding a way to limit that security rating? It makes sense to me: master just orders a new security policy, making it strict or loose or whatever. If you have not enough guards/girls, they will simply fail to get to the expected security level. If you have more - they will reach the set level, and you will not be forced to unassign some of them cause of extreme security levels(my security scouter shows over 9000 now. Yeah, 9115 to be exact).
I doubled the security level lost:
 - for the number of girls in the brothel from 1 to 2
 - when someone tries to attack a girl from 5 to 10 per attacker
 - when someone succeeds in attacking a girl from 5 to 10 per surviving attacker
I also increased the number of members of the attacking group
I made sure that there will always be at least a 1% chance of someone to try to attack a girl.
Hopefully this will reduce the security level more and prevent excessive levels.