Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 937738 times)

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.15
« Reply #360 on: March 16, 2015, 09:02:08 AM »
.06.01.15 is up

Either way, a useable script editor will be available hopefully by next weekend.

That is so good to hear.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.16
« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »
.06.01.16 is up

Just a few bug fixes.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2015, 01:33:04 PM »
aevojoey,

I voted for more clean-up of gangs, specifically the bad interaction I mention over in the bug thread, and girl interactions.

For girl interactions what I would like to see are two things:

1:  When given the week off for maternity leave retain previous job like you do when the matron gives a girl time off (and maybe allow maternity leave to be a player controlled variable).
2:  As long as the doctor or counselor jobs are staffed and the buildings have room, allow a girl to be sent from her existing building to receive those services, and retain the previous job as with being sent to rest by the matron.  You could make a generic get treatment job category with specific selections therein.  It would be fine for the girl to take up space in both buildings as she is 'occupying' her existing building but receiving treatment and therefore temporarily occupying the other facility.  Once treatment was complete the girl would return to her previous work in her normal building.

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »
aevojoey,

I voted for more clean-up of gangs, specifically the bad interaction I mention over in the bug thread, and girl interactions.

For girl interactions what I would like to see are two things:

1:  When given the week off for maternity leave retain previous job like you do when the matron gives a girl time off (and maybe allow maternity leave to be a player controlled variable).
2:  As long as the doctor or counselor jobs are staffed and the buildings have room, allow a girl to be sent from her existing building to receive those services, and retain the previous job as with being sent to rest by the matron.  You could make a generic get treatment job category with specific selections therein.  It would be fine for the girl to take up space in both buildings as she is 'occupying' her existing building but receiving treatment and therefore temporarily occupying the other facility.  Once treatment was complete the girl would return to her previous work in her normal building.

IMHO using both rooms is a good idea even when sent by the player.

Offline LonelyLokly

« Reply #364 on: March 27, 2015, 04:01:29 PM »
Came here after a long break. its good to see the game is breathing.
I'm sad there is no more "image sets" for girls. There is just a random cycle of images and this is taking away from personalities.
Interface in itself is not terrible, functionality is bad and this should be the main priority.
I believe if something does not work - it should be disabled. if it working, but with issues, it should be considered to be disabled.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #365 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:35 PM »
Came here after a long break. its good to see the game is breathing.
I'm sad there is no more "image sets" for girls. There is just a random cycle of images and this is taking away from personalities.
Interface in itself is not terrible, functionality is bad and this should be the main priority.
I believe if something does not work - it should be disabled. if it working, but with issues, it should be considered to be disabled.

There are plenty of girl packs to download, including them in the base game does two things

1: It makes the download longer for iterative release cycles, and makes installation a series of overwrites
2: It forces everyone to use the same girls.  By having discreet girl packs if you don't like a particular set of girls don't install the pack. 

It took me roughly 8 hours to download all of Lurker's packs from Mega and that is over 600 unique girls and ~75 'random girls'

Offline LonelyLokly

« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2015, 09:28:10 AM »
There are plenty of girl packs to download, including them in the base game does two things

1: It makes the download longer for iterative release cycles, and makes installation a series of overwrites
2: It forces everyone to use the same girls.  By having discreet girl packs if you don't like a particular set of girls don't install the pack. 

It took me roughly 8 hours to download all of Lurker's packs from Mega and that is over 600 unique girls and ~75 'random girls'
Old version of Whore Master had basic *.rgirls in it, i belive this version should also have it. It will be okay if i will have to download it manually from another link. Main dev of the mod should "approve" one or two RGIRL packs to be implemented so plyers can use them instead of a folder of random pictures while being sure this is totally okay and does not break the dev's view on the game.
Gameplay wise this whole thing with rgirl packs greatly increases versatility of gameplay. I could try to make a brothel while using only one type of girls, while comepletly ignoring any other image sets. And they all were randomly generated.
Furthermore, back in the days before original developer officially died, i suggested implementing "girl rarity" feature like in diablo or world of warcraft for items. It may sound dumb at first but if you think about it more you will see all the plus sides. It even can be done without messing with balance and numbers by simply providing rare image sets for a girl.

By the way, for last five years i've been thinking about making "a better" whore master. In fact i wrote design document on it two times, and now i'm doing it again. Now i have almost 20 years of gameplay experience behind my back so i have a good grip on how things should work. On the dark side - i'm very far from coding so i have very distant view on how things actually work. I have some knowledge about ISP, databases, tables etcetera, but it is obviously not enough. For last year i've been sitting on EXTRA CREDITS youtube channel and some other resources with reliable information on developing process. From my casual view on developing process, everything can be done with only 2 coders, 2 artists and 1 designer with experience.
One day, when i will be fully satisfied with my docs i will try to find people to make an actual game.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:31:26 AM by LonelyLokly »

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2015, 12:25:02 PM »
And in the time it took you to type that rambling response you could have downloaded and installed the rgirls packs that lurker has so generously provided.  Because the current dev is performing iterative release cycles (meaning several builds in a short period of time) I am glad that he is not including bloat files that make the downloads unnecessarily large.  Because this game is highly customizable it should be up to the individual player to determine what girls/images he/she wants, the easiest way to accomplish that is to separate the game play files from the art content.

@aevojoey keep up the good work the releases are perfect as is IMO.

Offline LonelyLokly

« Reply #368 on: March 28, 2015, 01:04:30 PM »
And in the time it took you to type that rambling response you could have downloaded and installed the rgirls packs that lurker has so generously provided.  Because the current dev is performing iterative release cycles (meaning several builds in a short period of time) I am glad that he is not including bloat files that make the downloads unnecessarily large.  Because this game is highly customizable it should be up to the individual player to determine what girls/images he/she wants, the easiest way to accomplish that is to separate the game play files from the art content.

@aevojoey keep up the good work the releases are perfect as is IMO.

Its "rambling" because i'm not near my PC, and that is the reason why im not downloading it, and i will for sure.
This mod has the best development environment out here and it is totally fine, if i sound demanding - i'm sorry, never meant to be, just trying to make a point. And again, i'm not asking to include it in the build, but a link to a pack of RGIRLS would be very-very cool to have. A confirmed set of RGIRLS will not hurt customizability, but will increase the quality of the game.

By the way, can i make the game to only pull data from RGIRLS, completly ignoring default?
I just don't want to see a random cycle of images, i want a bit more personality for my girls.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »
That is fair and your point about a link is understood, however if aevojoey is not actually creating the girls content, to manage a link that may change he now has to coordinate with other users developing the content.  So I can understand why it is not in this thread.  Honestly though the active content developers have been on the front page of this forum since I started visiting so it really is not that hard to find.  Thus far all lurker packs seem to work just fine if that helps.

As for your other question, if you do not download the default image pack, and if you do not load any non rgirls, then you should only encounter rgirls, and you should only see the images that are available for that particular rgirl.  I think that is what you are asking anyway.

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #370 on: March 28, 2015, 03:37:58 PM »

Its "rambling" because i'm not near my PC, and that is the reason why im not downloading it, and i will for sure.
This mod has the best development environment out here and it is totally fine, if i sound demanding - i'm sorry, never meant to be, just trying to make a point. And again, i'm not asking to include it in the build, but a link to a pack of RGIRLS would be very-very cool to have. A confirmed set of RGIRLS will not hurt customizability, but will increase the quality of the game.

By the way, can i make the game to only pull data from RGIRLS, completly ignoring default?
I just don't want to see a random cycle of images, i want a bit more personality for my girls.

Lurker's and R565 threads have links to pack of girls. Some you download just one girls other with more than one .... Not sure if i understood what you meant there.

The game, AFAIK, doesn't create girls. If you start a game with no RGIRLS it will be completely empty, right???

Offline LonelyLokly

« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2015, 02:26:43 AM »

Lurker's and R565 threads have links to pack of girls. Some you download just one girls other with more than one .... Not sure if i understood what you meant there.

The game, AFAIK, doesn't create girls. If you start a game with no RGIRLS it will be completely empty, right???

Withour RGIRLS in character folder game does create them, even if you do not have any images.
Lurker RGIRLS are all having 1-3 skills from 0 to 40, dunno, but its better to see some consistency in images.
As i said, it would be much better if i could see a link to an approved rgirls pack to have with the game.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #372 on: March 29, 2015, 11:41:13 AM »
Withour RGIRLS in character folder game does create them, even if you do not have any images.
Lurker RGIRLS are all having 1-3 skills from 0 to 40, dunno, but its better to see some consistency in images.
As i said, it would be much better if i could see a link to an approved rgirls pack to have with the game.

And again because the game is highly customizable there is no such thing as an approved girl/rgirl other than do they work with the current release.  If you do not like what skills lurkers rgirls have, edit them to your liking.  Or....  go to rule34 and start downloading images to make your own sets.  Crazy and aevojoey are concentrated on the game code, not the image content asking them to focus on the latter takes away from their time to add new features, and enhance functionality.  I personally would rather have the new features and functionality, and allow the players to determine what kind of girls they want.  Personally I like lurkers rgirls, they have a few basic skills that I can augment through training and items, rather than just being super good at everything to begin with...

Offline LonelyLokly

« Reply #373 on: March 29, 2015, 01:08:21 PM »
And again because the game is highly customizable there is no such thing as an approved girl/rgirl other than do they work with the current release.  If you do not like what skills lurkers rgirls have, edit them to your liking.  Or....  go to rule34 and start downloading images to make your own sets.  Crazy and aevojoey are concentrated on the game code, not the image content asking them to focus on the latter takes away from their time to add new features, and enhance functionality.  I personally would rather have the new features and functionality, and allow the players to determine what kind of girls they want.  Personally I like lurkers rgirls, they have a few basic skills that I can augment through training and items, rather than just being super good at everything to begin with...

You are missing my point. Here is an original quote:

I compiled a "DefaultImages" folder. It has almost all image types useable except a few preg types and the new image types added for .06. It now goes in the "./Resources/DefaultImages" folder. (the old Default will still work if you don't use this)
DefaultImages - https://mega.co.nz/#!sU82QDJa!RpWaRP2hBRQqLVOeBJypXsi2kZjnSl2SIyQhmpHlkTQ
Now i'll try to make my point one more time while breaking it in separate statements.
1. Even without this folder, game will create girls with stats, which, i asume, are balanced by developer.
2. Using DefaultImages will just add a cycle of random images without sorting.
3. Original Whore Master had a "sort of fixed" set of images for random girls.
4. Crazy mod have no explanation on how to get it back.
5. To get it back i should ignore Default Images and use custom RGIRLS.
6. Custom RGIRLS will not be balanced the samy way as in statement 1.
7. I wish i could use fixed image sets with default randomly generated girls from statement 1.
8. Or at least i wish i could get this information faster.

I hope the source of my disappointment is clear now. And yes, i do realize how minor this is, yet solving this on a devs end of the stick should not be hard either.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #374 on: March 29, 2015, 01:36:02 PM »

You are missing my point. Here is an original quote:
Now i'll try to make my point one more time while breaking it in separate statements.

1. Even without this folder, game will create girls with stats, which, i asume, are balanced by developer.

My experience with this is that the girls are all virgins with no stats, maybe they have some baseline stats, but they had no skills whatsoever.

2. Using DefaultImages will just add a cycle of random images without sorting.

If you want a different set of default images find a complete girl pack you like and use it as default instead, or do not use it at all.

3. Original Whore Master had a "sort of fixed" set of images for random girls.

I do not recall the original version having a fixed rgirl, it had a fixed mismatched default set similar to what aevo has provided.  It is possible that some 'versions' some default girls and rgirls, I did not have one of those versions.

4. Crazy mod have no explanation on how to get it back.

How can they tell you how to get back something for a highly customizable game, without knowing what specific version you had before?

5. To get it back i should ignore Default Images and use custom RGIRLS.

Or if there is only one set of images you wish to see make those your default images.

6. Custom RGIRLS will not be balanced the samy way as in statement 1.

Not sure that point 1 is balanced (it does not seem to be in my experience), using your own set of default images would solve that.  Or editing and balancing y the rgirls to your liking would do so as well.  Aevo/Crazy have provided balancing tools for girls in the editor.

7. I wish i could use fixed image sets with default randomly generated girls from statement 1.

You can, by making your fixed set the default image set.

8. Or at least i wish i could get this information faster.

That would require them linking to every version that existed previously to know exactly which version you had, that is not their responsibility, nor is it really possible.

Yes that did help, as you were not at all clear before what you were looking for.  Sorry if I seem overly harsh, but you seem to be whining about the customizable content which is something the devs have little to no control over.  No one is ever going to be completely happy with vanilla girls/rgirls that is why they have made it so painfully easy to make your own.  The devs purview is coding the game, not managing the customizable content.  I understand your point that they could make some default packs and stamp them as official if they wanted to, I just disagree that it is their responsibility for the reason stated above.