Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 938297 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.16
« Reply #375 on: March 29, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »
First off, I will be starting a new job in April so I may not be able to post as often as I was.
This past week I have not been able to get anything done with the game for various reasons.
I have been slowly working on WME to try to make it handle scripts but that will be slow going.

Now for responses.

1:  When given the week off for maternity leave retain previous job like you do when the matron gives a girl time off (and maybe allow maternity leave to be a player controlled variable).
Maternity leave should have its own job type label and save the old job.
The old job part of the code needs a little work as well, it doesn't always save correctly and the matron does not always send them back properly.
I will try to get it to work when I can.

2:  As long as the doctor or counselor jobs are staffed and the buildings have room, allow a girl to be sent from her existing building to receive those services, and retain the previous job as with being sent to rest by the matron.  You could make a generic get treatment job category with specific selections therein.  It would be fine for the girl to take up space in both buildings as she is 'occupying' her existing building but receiving treatment and therefore temporarily occupying the other facility.  Once treatment was complete the girl would return to her previous work in her normal building.
I have considered allowing the matron be able to send girls to other buildings but it would cause more problems than it would solve.
If they could, the girl would have to save all the information of the move.
Then if there was no room in the old building where would she go?
There are too many variables for this to happen any time soon.

As it is now, there is a chance for the girl to visit the clinic if she is on free time.
More free time options can be added and any factors needed can be added to select what she does on her free time.

I will just summarize the LonelyLokly / edgy98125 discussion.

@LonelyLokly, you may be having problems with the Characters folder being moved.
I made the game be able to be more portable/upgradeable by allowing the Characters folder to be outside the program folder.
This allows you to upgrade the game to a new version without overwriting the old version and without having to move the Characters folder over.
See this thread - Moving the folders - it needs a little rewriting and examples but it should help.

If you want to create a random girl that uses the images for a particular girl, name the .rgirlsx file with the name of the girl.
So if you wanted to make a random girl that uses the images for Agrias Oaks, make a "Agrias Oaks.rgirlsx" random girl.
The "Agrias Oaks.girlsx" will still be there but you will also have some random girls that use her images.

The images in the "Default" folder are supposed to be used by the game only when the girl does not have that image type in her folder.
There is a bug in the image selection code that is making it not choose a related image every time so default images are getting used more than they should.
I have not gotten around to fixing this because I was planning on rewriting how that entire section works so fixing it then replacing it would be redundant.

I don't make girls packs but I can add links to the pack makers threads in the first post of this thread.

I did add a "hard coded random girl" to the game if the player has no .rgirlsx files in their  Characters folder.
This was added because some parts of the code required a .rgirlsx file in order to work, if the player didn't have one, the game would crash.
They will have no images except the default images and their stats/skills will be low.
Their traits will also be random and can be anything in the CoreTraits.traitsx file.
If you don't have a CoreTraits.traitsx file, then there are several traits that the girl may get.

I have no say in approving or disapproving any girl packs, anyone can create/modify/download any pack they want.
Occasionally I will update the .(r)girlsx files of packs when the original creator no longer updates them, but I take no responsibility for the images in said pack.
When I find multiple packs for the same girl, I combine and filter out the duplicate images.
I currently have 1431 folders with matching files, 1113 .girlsx and 318 .rgirlsx files.
I also have several folders/.(r)girlsx that I have not finished checking and matching up.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #376 on: March 29, 2015, 04:49:24 PM »
Hey Joey, im going to be creating an installer for Cpp for you, and maybe a few Micro programs
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #377 on: March 29, 2015, 04:59:10 PM »

Now for responses.

Maternity leave should have its own job type label and save the old job.
The old job part of the code needs a little work as well, it doesn't always save correctly and the matron does not always send them back properly.
I will try to get it to work when I can.
I have considered allowing the matron be able to send girls to other buildings but it would cause more problems than it would solve.
If they could, the girl would have to save all the information of the move.
Then if there was no room in the old building where would she go?
There are too many variables for this to happen any time soon.

As it is now, there is a chance for the girl to visit the clinic if she is on free time.
More free time options can be added and any factors needed can be added to select what she does on her free time.

First congrats on the new job, I am looking at the moment as well, but still have 8-20 months before the current gig ends.  So...  not a big hurry.

Regarding the above, perhaps I can clarify my thinking and that may make coding it simpler.

First in the jobs list, for non-clinic or non-center buildings, add a get treatment job category.  Then list the various treatments a girl could get at the clinic or center.

When a treatment is selected you would check the things that would ordinarily be checked for that treatment type, and if it is not valid you would display the standard message for that treatment... ie this girl has no serious issues that need treatment etc...  If she did need treatment and the treatment building had room her job status would change to the appropriate treatment and number of days.  You would also add her to the occupation of the treatment facility.   

So now instead of working in the building she is occupying she will be 'out' for treatment (she would continue to reside in that building though).

If for some reason a girl cannot easily reside in two buildings at once (and I suspect that is the case) you could populate the treatment building with a TempGirl to satisfy the accounting, then you just wouldn't display the TempGirl in that buildings girls list (or with a little fancier coding in the girls list you replace TempGirl with actual girl for the list view). 

When she is done receiving treatment, set her job back to Free Time in her normal building (or if you are able to store the last job in that case, set her back to that.), and delete the TempGirl entry.

So in the above each girl is only occupying one building.  TempGirl acts as a proxy for the girl receiving treatment, so now neither building can get overbooked.  This then makes it relatively easy to have the Matron send a girl for treatment or any other temp job that may be added later.

Just a thought on how to do it, if you are so inclined.  Thanks again for your consideration, and for all you do.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:01:28 PM by edgy98125 »

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #379 on: March 29, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »
Hey Joey, im going to be creating an installer for Cpp for you, and maybe a few Micro programs
What? and Why?
There is no need for an installer for the game, just extract it to a folder and run it.

Regarding the above, perhaps I can clarify my thinking and that may make coding it simpler.
I understand where you are coming from but that would make more complications than just moving the girl to the other building.
If all the girls were stored in one place and put in buildings from there, then this would be much easier.
Also, because most treatment jobs are full time and multiday, one girl taking up 2 spots would reduce the total girls that the player could have.

I do like the idea of storing the girls in one place, this would allow for girls to be able to do more things each day.
It would better allow for more than 2 shifts.
You could have some girls working on the farm during the day and in the brothels at night.
Girls on free time would not take up space in a building so more could work.
Free girls could live in their own houses and come to work for you on their schedule.
Slave girls would have to either live in your house, have a special apartment complex or, if you are nice, they could have their own houses.
Accommodation could be used to keep track of these.
Easier sorting of girls, jobs, buildings, who has what items, names, stats/skills/traits, etc.
It would be a good reason for having a strategic territory map:
 - Each territory has X number of residences where the girls can live safely.
 - If a territory is taken while a girl is home, she may get kidnapped or killed.
 - Territories could have their own stats, how many businesses and their types giving more or less money.
Because jobs are already stored as numbers, making this the method of sorting buildings is already done.
Instead of having one free time job per building, having one for everyone would make it less complicated.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:20:01 PM by aevojoey »

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #380 on: March 30, 2015, 11:24:59 AM »
What? and Why?
There is no need for an installer for the game, just extract it to a folder and run it.

I understand where you are coming from but that would make more complications than just moving the girl to the other building.
If all the girls were stored in one place and put in buildings from there, then this would be much easier.
Also, because most treatment jobs are full time and multiday, one girl taking up 2 spots would reduce the total girls that the player could have.

I do like the idea of storing the girls in one place, this would allow for girls to be able to do more things each day.
It would better allow for more than 2 shifts.
You could have some girls working on the farm during the day and in the brothels at night.
Girls on free time would not take up space in a building so more could work.
Free girls could live in their own houses and come to work for you on their schedule.
Slave girls would have to either live in your house, have a special apartment complex or, if you are nice, they could have their own houses.
Accommodation could be used to keep track of these.
Easier sorting of girls, jobs, buildings, who has what items, names, stats/skills/traits, etc.
It would be a good reason for having a strategic territory map:
 - Each territory has X number of residences where the girls can live safely.
 - If a territory is taken while a girl is home, she may get kidnapped or killed.
 - Territories could have their own stats, how many businesses and their types giving more or less money.
Because jobs are already stored as numbers, making this the method of sorting buildings is already done.
Instead of having one free time job per building, having one for everyone would make it less complicated.

That sounds like it would work even better.   Although if you are going to go that route, please see my earlier post regarding gang interaction (it is in the bug thread).  I don't mind gangs being more susceptible as they are in .15 and above, but I don't think the current interaction is desirable or even fair.  In fact after burning through 3 gangs and 200 healing potions in one round of guarding, I rolled my version back to .07. 

I had thought of a different way to handle treatment as well (and it may even incorporate nicely into your thoughts), and that would be that Girls receiving treatment would not take up building space but rather, counselor or doctor/nurse space.  So you could say that each counselor could see 3 patients per day, then the counseling capacity of the center would be 3x, but you could put a limit on the number of counselors.  Likewise a doctor could see 2-4 girls per day depending on the specialty (so you would have to assign a doctor as a plastic surgeon, or fertility doc etc....)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:29:52 AM by edgy98125 »

Offline Luminus

« Reply #381 on: March 30, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »
Hello.
After starting new game with the new version i notice that some of girls are duplicate. I buy a girl from the market and next week she is in the market once more. What is going on?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »
That sounds like it would work even better.   Although if you are going to go that route, please see my earlier post regarding gang interaction (it is in the bug thread).  I don't mind gangs being more susceptible as they are in .15 and above, but I don't think the current interaction is desirable or even fair.  In fact after burning through 3 gangs and 200 healing potions in one round of guarding, I rolled my version back to .07. 
I am reworking rival power as this is probably why you are losing so many gangs while defending.

Rival gangs strength is controlled by the rival's m_Power stat.
Code: [Select]
newGang->m_Skills[i] = (g_Dice % 40) + 21 + (g_Dice % m_Power);
Each turn the rival gained 1 point in m_Power and only lose points if they lose a brothel.
m_Power was not limited so rivals can become much more powerful than you ever could.

I am changing m_Power to be based solely on the number of brothels, halls and bars they own.
curr->m_Power =
    max(0, curr->m_NumBrothels * 5) +
    max(0, curr->m_NumGamblingHalls * 2) +
    max(0, curr->m_NumBars * 1);
So the max m_Power will be 48 (6 of each building) and their gangs stats will be random from 21 to 107 (100 max).

m_Power will be recalculated at the start of their turns and modified to a lesser extent when they gain or lose a building.
So during your turn, the rival's m_Power should stay fairly level and when they regroup at the start of their turn, they recalculate the m_Power.

Hopefully this will bring the rival's gangs power back to even with your gangs.

After starting new game with the new version i notice that some of girls are duplicate. I buy a girl from the market and next week she is in the market once more. What is going on?
If you have multiple copies of a girl in your .girlsx files, you will get multiples of those girls.
If you open the editor and drop all your .girlsx files onto it, click the "save all as individual files" button on the extras tab.
This will split all girls into their own file and any duplicates will be placed in folders so you can weed them out.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #383 on: April 01, 2015, 07:45:50 PM »
I am reworking rival power as this is probably why you are losing so many gangs while defending.

Rival gangs strength is controlled by the rival's m_Power stat.
newGang->m_Skills[i] = (g_Dice % 40) + 21 + (g_Dice % m_Power);
Each turn the rival gained 1 point in m_Power and only lose points if they lose a brothel.
m_Power was not limited so rivals can become much more powerful than you ever could.

I am changing m_Power to be based solely on the number of brothels, halls and bars they own.
curr->m_Power =
    max(0, curr->m_NumBrothels * 5) +
    max(0, curr->m_NumGamblingHalls * 2) +
    max(0, curr->m_NumBars * 1);
So the max m_Power will be 48 (6 of each building) and their gangs stats will be random from 21 to 107 (100 max).

m_Power will be recalculated at the start of their turns and modified to a lesser extent when they gain or lose a building.
So during your turn, the rival's m_Power should stay fairly level and when they regroup at the start of their turn, they recalculate the m_Power.

Hopefully this will bring the rival's gangs power back to even with your gangs.

That sounds like a good plan for dealing with the strength, but I still think that defending gang should cycle through your available defenders, or pick 1 at random.  Random seems better because then you still have a possibility of a guarding gang being attacked more than once.

Offline SammeyTiger

« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2015, 10:10:53 AM »
What ( other the the base chance in the config file ) determines if a girl gets pregnant or not.

Foe example:

I have two girls:

One gets pregnant on the first interaction.

The second one, doesn't get pregnant until 9 interactions and a fertility potion.

Why the difference?

Offline crazy

« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »
What ( other the the base chance in the config file ) determines if a girl gets pregnant or not.

Foe example:

I have two girls:

One gets pregnant on the first interaction.

The second one, doesn't get pregnant until 9 interactions and a fertility potion.

Why the difference?
A virgin has a better chance of get prego so maybe one was a virgin other one wasnt. Then he fertile trait increases the chance a very large amount that could be why. Other that its just random unless u changed it there is only a 8% chance to get them knocked up so its not very good odds.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.17
« Reply #386 on: April 08, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »
.06.01.17 is out

Several small changes and cleanups.
There are the beginnings of several future updates like gif support and trait customization.
The source code has been been moved, see this thread - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3573.0

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.17
« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2015, 12:29:02 PM »
Now that there is a chat available on the forums, when I am working on the game I will have the chat open so you can talk to me if you want. I will be in either the Public or User_Mods channel.
If I am in the Public channel ask me to go to the User_Mods so we don't disturb the others.
There is a chat log so remember that anyone who logs into the chat can read what you say.

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.18
« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2015, 01:14:05 AM »
.06.01.18 is up

Lots of changes to Accommodation - logextradetails will output details for daily check.
Several new and updated items.
Gif files will load but not animate yet.
Lots of code cleanup.

Offline SammeyTiger

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.01.18
« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2015, 08:30:53 PM »
I think that in the case of temporary traits the time should be additive.

For example :
A girl comes from the dungeon and has Mind Fucked (45), and then after a few turns it becomes Mind Fucked (34).
She then drinks a drink that effects the mind (Int. -20, Mind Fucked 20).
Only the Int. -20 is applied, Mind Fucked stays at 34.
Mind Fucked should be 54 ( 34 org. + 20 item ).