Poll

What should I prioritize next? (a * after a choice means I am currently working on that)

Player Stuff
20 (8.5%)
Girl's interactions (with each other)
25 (10.7%)
Scripts (interactions with the player)
46 (19.7%)
New Stats, Skills and Traits
10 (4.3%)
Existing Stats
1 (0.4%)
Existing Skills
3 (1.3%)
Existing Traits
6 (2.6%)
Customers
5 (2.1%)
Gangs
12 (5.1%)
Rivals
8 (3.4%)
Buildings
7 (3%)
General Jobs
4 (1.7%)
Farm Jobs
9 (3.8%)
Matrons
9 (3.8%)
Items
2 (0.9%)
Remaking the interface
15 (6.4%)
New stuff
8 (3.4%)
Whore Master Editor
4 (1.7%)
No priority
3 (1.3%)
WM7
This poll will be reset when I start a new section or add more choices so check back often.
37 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01  (Read 941226 times)

Offline Tyrgalon

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.23
« Reply #675 on: December 30, 2015, 12:30:38 PM »
Yeah I think it was listed, maybe he listed it later since I got the update a bit late. Im just wondering if that change has had unexpected effects on the girls that aren´t shown in the stats, tho I haven´t played the newest patch enough to be sure.

Offline hentai_geek

« Reply #676 on: December 30, 2015, 03:46:48 PM »
Hello, can someone who has opened the source code help me with this issue?  I am rusty in C/C++, and, moreover, I am rusty with setting up a project in Visual Studio. 
I have the source code both from github, and from downloading a zip from somewhere on this forum.  However, I am having trouble with just getting it to build, even with no changes to the source code.
For the zip version, the build errors are mostly LNK2019 and LNK2001. 

Build Errors from the ZIP file:

Code: [Select]
Severity   Code   Description   Project   File   Line   Suppression State
Error   LNK2019   unresolved external symbol "public: static double __cdecl cJobManager::JP_Jeweler(struct sGirl *,bool)" (?JP_Jeweler@cJobManager@@SANPAUsGirl@@_N@Z) referenced in function "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall cGirls::GetThirdDetailsString(struct sGirl *)" (?GetThirdDetailsString@cGirls@@QAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@PAUsGirl@@@Z)     

Error   LNK2001   unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall cScreenTurnSummary::process(void)" (?process@cScreenTurnSummary@@UAEXXZ)   ..\crazys-wm-mod\InterfaceGlobals.obj   1   

Build Errors from the GitHub Project
Code: [Select]

Error   MSB3073   The command ""SubWCRev.exe" "..." "..\ Revision.wcrev" "..\Revision.h" -f
:VCEnd" exited with code 10.   Whore Master   C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets   123   

So, since, I haven't changed the original source code, I think that the main problem here is project set-up.  But, the first set of build errors seems to imply that there are compiler errors.  I don't understand the second set of build errors at all.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:12:35 PM by hentai_geek »

Offline jonwich

« Reply #677 on: December 30, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »
Shouldn't be any build errors... I'm downloading the latest version from Github now to make sure. Did you change anything in the source code? What are you using to build the game? I think there is a lot of MSVS2013 specific code that Joey was taking out at some point, not sure. Where did you download from? (The links I mean, I know you said Github and the Forum, sometimes that's not specific enough)

Offline jonwich

« Reply #678 on: December 30, 2015, 04:21:22 PM »
Just had my build succeed from the github link, which is:

https://github.com/crazywm/crazys-wm-mod

Of course if you're just looking to play, you can always download the game from Mega at:

https://mega.nz/#!5Jxj3JRR!3K7oaAh3YNGQst0d0ynUuSD7XPvrCjZy8b6uB3AnbGs

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #679 on: December 30, 2015, 08:04:53 PM »
Btw joey has the rebelliousness/obidience stuff been changed somehow? seem to be having more girls not cooperating even with -50 or less rebelliousness.
Just wondering if having low accomodations and low rebelliousness is making them be more rebellious than they should be? In other words maybe the accomodation is affecting them in the wrong way or something.
The changes to rebelliousness I made only affect a small amount based on accommodation.
It directly affects her rebelliousness stat so if she has -40 rebel and no other modifiers she should always obey.
There is no reason that would cause a great increase in rebellion unless you keep them at extremely low accommodation.
There are other reasons she could disobey but without knowing more details I can't really point to a single reason.

One more thing. I have before deleted some girls but only ended up removing the images, thus leaving the girlx file around. The reason is that some girls have come in packs with one girlx file for multiple girls, and I have been unable to figure out to ich one they belong due to having so many.
Its becoming a bit annoying having image-less girls with stats floating around in the game.
Is there any way for me to find what girlx file they belong to trough the save file or such?
If you load all the .(r)girlsx files into the editor, on the Extras page of the editor is a Save all button.
This will save all the girls into their own files, 1 girl per file.
It saves them into a numbered folder where the editor exe is with subfolders for duplicates.
You can then match files to folders and only put in the ones that match.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.24
« Reply #680 on: December 30, 2015, 09:44:09 PM »
.06.02.24 is up

A couple more small fixes.

Offline grishnak

« Reply #681 on: January 01, 2016, 05:42:34 AM »
Hello! I hope this is the right thread for my kind of suggestion:
I recently noticed a seperate image type "jail". Will it be possible to use this as default in the dungeon instead of profile?
Also a special "matron" or "office" (secretary/manager) type might be useful for matrons, assistants and any bureaucracy jobs.

Offline Tyrgalon

« Reply #682 on: January 01, 2016, 10:25:53 AM »
 Tanks joey, that will help a lot :)
And I will keep a look on the rebelliousness stuff, haven´t played enough to be sure, just feel like they are behaving differently.

Edit:Seems like Im gonna have to load all the girls into the editor one by one, thats gonna take "some" time XD
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:56:39 AM by Tyrgalon »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #683 on: January 01, 2016, 11:46:26 PM »
I am currently updating the slave market, copying things over from the dungeon screen.
I had to rearrange things a bit to make room for stuff on the bottom.
The old interfaces will still work if you don't like this one.

If you try to buy more girls than you can afford, it will not let you buy any of them so you can choose which ones you want to remove before you buy.
Before it would buy the first girls you can afford then fail on the rest.
(I wanted a girl later on the list but didn't get her because it bought lesser girls first.)

I just have to finish the transfer part.
For now they transfer using the old code.

I'll probably rearrange it again before finalizing it.
I made the "Slave Market" text maroon so it would stand out a bit more ( I can do that now 8) )

update: I forgot to add the dungeon button :/

Update 2: All the transfers work so you will be able to send the girls you buy anywhere  :-*

Now I just need to make the texts for the transfers.
I can even make their reactions different depending on where you send them:
Send them to the Studio in a limo and they will be happier.
Send them to the dungeon in chains and they will fear you more.
They may be more impressed by how many rooms your house has.
I may even get around to having the Matron assign them to a job when they get to the house but that will probably come later.

Update 3:
I have to leave the house for a but but before I go I am going to push the next version so you can play with it.
It does not have any flavor texts for the transfer of girls from the Slave Market yet but it should still be an improvement over the old one.
Try it out and write some ideas for flavor texts.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:31:47 PM by aevojoey »

Offline aevojoey

Re: Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.02.25
« Reply #684 on: January 02, 2016, 08:03:29 PM »
.06.02.25 is up

The Slave Market got a total overhaul.
See the post above for more details.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #685 on: January 02, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »
Dude, that's some exciting stuff! I'm looking forward to playing with it, seeing what you've done, and seeing what I might do with it in my own mod too. I like all your changes.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #686 on: January 03, 2016, 09:51:29 AM »
Ok....trying to figure this out....I downloaded the 06.02.25 source code....I have vse2013.....now what do I do to make a working copy from that?  My programing skills need updating....from the 90's

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #687 on: January 03, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »
Ok....trying to figure this out....I downloaded the 06.02.25 source code....I have vse2013.....now what do I do to make a working copy from that?  My programing skills need updating....from the 90's
Load the BrothelMaster-vse2013.sln file.

The main things you will need to know if you have never used vse2013 are the various windows and hotkeys to use.
Most of the windows you will use are found in either the "View" or "Debug" menus.

The "Solution Explorer" is the main thing, this is where the files are, it probably gets used the most other than the files themselves.
The other windows under View that I use are "Bookmark Window", "Error List" and "Output".
The windows in "Debug > Windows" that I use are "Breakpoints", "Watch" and "Call Stack".
The main hotkeys I use are
"F5"  - Build and run
"F7"  - Build
"F8"  - Go to next in a search result
"F9"  - toggle breakpoint
"F10" - 1 step while running stepping over functions
"F11" - 1 step while running going into functions
"F12" - Go to the source of a function
"<ctrl><shift>F" - Find in project

When you build the game it can be either a "Debug" or a "Release" build and the exe will be in the respective folder in the code folder. Change which one in "Build > Batch Build".
When doing a build, you can run either "Build" or "Rebuild".
"Rebuild" clears out the old build and starts clean, "Build" is faster but very rarely can cause problems.
Use "Rebuild" if you plan on doing a Release build and "Build" when doing minor changes.

For basics on C++ watch this youtube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9156F5253BE624A5
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:45:41 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Tyrgalon

« Reply #688 on: January 03, 2016, 05:07:09 PM »
Got a request, no idea how hard it would be to do:

Would it be possible for girls who give birth to get their breast size increased by 1 for each time they give birth? And if thats possible then is there any way to add a certain % for that to happen?

Just wondering since they already now get the "milf" trait so figured it just might be possible.
No idea if you wan´t to add something like that into the main game tho, would do it myself if I knew how.

Ps. Got my girls folder all sorted ty to your advice about the editor function :D

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #689 on: January 03, 2016, 05:22:02 PM »
Would it be possible for girls who give birth to get their breast size increased by 1 for each time they give birth? And if thats possible then is there any way to add a certain % for that to happen?
While it would make sense to add a temporary breast enlargement for pregnant women, it would break the game a bit if it were applied across the board.
If pregnancy gets divided into trimesters then the third could be +1.
The lactation stat was meant to account for the girls milk production and it greatly increases when she is pregnant.
It has not been fully implemented but a few things use it.

Ps. Got my girls folder all sorted ty to your advice about the editor function :D
I had the same problem with my girls folders, that's why I added that function to the editor.  :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 05:23:44 PM by aevojoey »