Author Topic: Items  (Read 62659 times)

Offline SammeyTiger

Re: Items
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2015, 10:40:38 AM »

I am also adding it to the do_daily_items list so it will continue to enhance her fear for you over time.
It will only tell you that it worked if the girl comes to you and tells you she had a scary dream about you, but it does do something each turn.
I will also add a couple of other dream orbs to counter this one.
 - Added "Lovers Orb" and "Happy Orb".
 - I adjusted the numbers down a bit so the do_daily_items list will not over power them as much.

A suggestion for the nightmare orb.

Currently it +10 fear each turn.
I think it should also +5 / +10 tiredness, because the girl isn't sleeping well / getting a good night's rest.

So I think it should  +5/+10 tiredness , and +10 fear each turn.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2015, 11:47:38 AM »
A suggestion for the nightmare orb.
Currently it +10 fear each turn.
I think it should also +5 / +10 tiredness, because the girl isn't sleeping well / getting a good night's rest.
So I think it should  +5/+10 tiredness , and +10 fear each turn.
What is in the .itemsx file is the effects when you first give her the item.
Unless you sneak it into her room while she is sleeping, there would be no tiredness effect then.

In the code, items use different numbers, while not all items are hard coded in for daily use, the 3 orbs are.
You can look at what each item does in "cBrothel.cpp" in the section "cBrothelManager::do_daily_items".
I started sorting the items into groups of how they would be used but didn't get them all.
Most of the stuff in the unsorted section has not been updated in a while.

Eventually I want to be able to allow this section to be editable in the .itemx files but more items need to be prepared so I can make everything work all at the same time.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline kageryu1595

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2015, 07:39:03 PM »
Apologize if this is in the wrong spot, been scouring the forum and item folders for some time to no avail.
Been getting a lot of girls with the "Smoker" trait, but don't see any items to alleviate the effects of the addiction. Is there currently no item for this, or am I just really bad at finding these things?
Attempted to create "Cigarette" to use in my own game for now, but will submit here for balancing. Wasn't sure how to make a 'pack' without making it infinite, so just individual at the moment.
Feel free to ignore this if there is an item already in game, but please let me know what it is so I can smack myself. ^_^;
First attempt at one of these, and been years since I've done any kind of coding, so I imagine it needs a good deal of work.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:41:10 PM by kageryu1595 »

Offline Lord

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2015, 11:31:53 AM »
Apologize if this is in the wrong spot, been scouring the forum and item folders for some time to no avail.
Been getting a lot of girls with the "Smoker" trait, but don't see any items to alleviate the effects of the addiction. Is there currently no item for this, or am I just really bad at finding these things?
Attempted to create "Cigarette" to use in my own game for now, but will submit here for balancing. Wasn't sure how to make a 'pack' without making it infinite, so just individual at the moment.
Feel free to ignore this if there is an item already in game, but please let me know what it is so I can smack myself. ^_^;
First attempt at one of these, and been years since I've done any kind of coding, so I imagine it needs a good deal of work.

Sending the girl to Rehab at the Centre will help with Smoker(like all addictions). As for anything that adds the trait, I don't think there is yet.
"He urged me to go away, and said that I shouldn't return until I was... "younger and female", were his words, I believe."

Offline GonDra

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »
I was trawling through the source code today and unless I overlooked it or it isn't grouped with the other addictions (or withdrawal for this addiction is somewhere else in the code...) there currently is no withdrawal for the Smoker trait so no negative effects either.

Seems like that was overlooked or intentionally let out because of the missing item when the trait was added.
I took the opportunity and tried my hand at slapping together a withdrawal effect that I will submit to Crazy's Github. I also changed your item a bit kageryu1595 a single cigarette seemed a bit expensive and impractical, I also increased the happiness effect a bit and added the tiredness reduction you seem to have missed adding to the effects.

Offline kageryu1595

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2015, 06:45:48 PM »
I was trawling through the source code today and unless I overlooked it or it isn't grouped with the other addictions (or withdrawal for this addiction is somewhere else in the code...) there currently is no withdrawal for the Smoker trait so no negative effects either.

Seems like that was overlooked or intentionally let out because of the missing item when the trait was added.
I took the opportunity and tried my hand at slapping together a withdrawal effect that I will submit to Crazy's Github. I also changed your item a bit kageryu1595 a single cigarette seemed a bit expensive and impractical, I also increased the happiness effect a bit and added the tiredness reduction you seem to have missed adding to the effects.

The girls I kept getting with the trait still had the Happiness drop like crazy, even when given time off. And I just used Alcohol as a base to build off of, so I didn't want to change it too heavily. And can't believe I forgot to add the tiredness reduction in the code.
In any case, thanks! I'll pull this to use for now in place of the one I made.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2015, 11:50:44 PM »
Ok, weird suggestion, but instead of a consumable, make a Carton of cigarettes, not in the consumables but in the miscellaneous items but use the temporary code to temporarily remove the addiction to smoking.....maybe last one to two weeks each.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2015, 11:04:37 AM »
I am now working on the Smoking section.

I am adding some items:
 - "Cigarette" - A single use item that does not always cause addiction. 6 types with varying numbers
 - "Pack of Cigarettes" - A single use item with temporary stat adjustments. 7 types with varying numbers
 - "Carton of Cigarettes" - A single use item with permanent stat adjustments. 7 types with varying numbers
 - "Magic Pack of Cigarettes" - A Misc item with small stat adjustments.
 - "Magic Carton of Cigarettes"  - A Misc item with higher stat adjustments.
 - "Stop Smoking Patch" - A Misc item that removes smoker while it is worn. It does not add Former Addict because she technically does not loose the Smoker trait.
 - "Stop Smoking Now Patch" - A single use magical item that removes the Smoker trait without adding Former addict. May have side effects.
 - A version of "Cold Turkey" for Smokers.

Having the packs or cartons does not remove the smoker trait, it just prevents the negative effects of withdrawal.
The magic packs and cartons use a little of the girl's mana to refill themselves.

Be careful, Smokers can die if she smokes too much.

Ok, I have finished this and will now push it to github.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:13:30 PM by aevojoey »

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
Wait there's a chat window?
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2015, 12:21:25 PM »
Wait there's a chat window?
It was added a couple of months ago.
At the top there is "Home", "Help", "Search", "Profile", "My Messages", "Members", "Chat", "Logout"
You can change the channel from the dropdown at the top of the chat window.

Most of the time when I am working on the game I keep the chat window open.
Usually I sit in the Public channel but I will go into the User_Mods channel if the Pytfall people are talking and I need to take about WM.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:24:28 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »
Here's some items I had around, plus a fix to three items with inaccurate description.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »
Here's some items I had around, plus a fix to three items with inaccurate description.
Looks great.
The silver ring is more expensive than some of the magic rings already in the game and the gold ring is only 1/3 more than the silver? I dropped them down to 150 and 500.
I also added some love/hate adjustments for Diamond Necklace.itemsx.
Other than that change, they are all in.

The Star Pendant.itemsx didn't work but fixed it.
It was a problem in WME where "GirlStatus" was saved as "Status" so the poison stuff would not work.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:16:58 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2015, 05:48:39 AM »
Looks great.
The silver ring is more expensive than some of the magic rings already in the game and the gold ring is only 1/3 more than the silver? I dropped them down to 150 and 500.
Ok. I didn't look at the price of other rings and jewelry is rather expensive, so I went with what seemed high prices.

The description of the jungle leotard is off because I forgot to update it when I bumped the charisma from +3 to +5. The description gold ring should be +20 refinement to match what it does as well.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »
The description of the jungle leotard is off because I forgot to update it when I bumped the charisma from +3 to +5. The description gold ring should be +20 refinement to match what it does as well.
Fixed them and I added a +5love -3hate to gold ring.

Offline bicobus

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 09:49:55 PM »
Hello, I'm using whoremaster 06.02.19 with vanilla items. The slaveband description is a little off, it says it add the "controlled status", but in fact just adds obedience and remove iron will.