Author Topic: Items  (Read 62141 times)

Offline jonwich

Re: Items
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 10:55:23 PM »
Pretty sure that's what it's supposed to do and the "controlled status" is just flavor text, but I'll check it out. You can always load it up in the editor and tinker if you think it's off.

Offline bicobus

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2015, 01:48:19 AM »
Yeah, probably my understanding of it that's just off. I thought the slavebands would negate or greatly reduce rebelliousness but does little to nothing about it.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2015, 06:56:01 AM »
There is a 'controlled' status (Special effect for items->Girl status effect->controlled) for items, but I don't remember what it actually does. I THINK it overrides obedience checks but am not sure, since I don't know that part of code well.
I actually use slave bands usually because Iron will is pesky and close to impossible to overcome otherwise.
Also a short check of the other slave band (the disguised one) reveals that the controlled status likely is missing from the normal one by accident, since that one has the controlled status in its effect list.

Added a fixed item file for it to this post.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:34:21 AM by GonDra »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »
Question about temporary items: do they only affect traits, or when set to temporary affects, the stat bonuses set are temporary as well?
Never really figured it out and in-game testing is kind of tedious.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2015, 11:38:15 AM »
The stats eventually go away. Or are supposed to.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2015, 08:07:06 AM »
The stats eventually go away. Or are supposed to.

There is no implication of that in the editor.

I just tested it now -  skill deteriorate over time. I gave a girl a test item granting +100 to all stats to all skills for a duration of 1 (that's turns/weeks, right?) - she had 100 on the first turn, around 70 on the next (values varied by small decimals), then it seemed to have been deteriorating by an amount of 10 per turn/week.

EDIT: Now that I think of it... it's probably because the amount of turns only applies to traits granted, and skills/stats have a hardcoded amount of time within which they deteriorate, that's not editable.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:09:12 AM by 0nymous »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2015, 03:58:27 PM »
Hello, I'm using whoremaster 06.02.19 with vanilla items. The slaveband description is a little off, it says it add the "controlled status", but in fact just adds obedience and remove iron will.
Currently STATUS_CONTROLLED does not do anything.

Question about temporary items: do they only affect traits, or when set to temporary affects, the stat bonuses set are temporary as well?
temp traits last for as long as they are given in the .itemsx or 20 turns if not in there.
Temp stats and skills shift towards 0 by 30% per turn.
100>70>49>34>24>16>11>7>4>2>1>0
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline derpderpfake

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2016, 06:13:35 AM »
New items! Well, sorta. I made these way back when the Farm and crafting was new, and I haven't seen any items that cover many of these.

I believe they're reasonably balanced--the crappier items are available in the store, the gardening gloves are available in infinite supply.

There are 13 items in all:

3 Crafting Weapons
- Artisian's Hammer (rare in catacombs, massive boost to crafting, small combat boost, adds Quick Learner and Handyman)
- Smiths' Hammer (rare in shop, large weapon, adds 25 to crafting, 30 to combat)
- Meat Cleaver (uncommon in shop, adds combat, animal handling, farming, and cooking)

4 Cow Bells of scaling value
- Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Magic, each adding Meek, and increasing levels of Best, Service, Animal Handling, -love, -int, +hate, constitution, and cow traits - brass is common in store, silver is uncommon in store, gold is uncommon in catacombs, magic is rare in catacombs

4 Articles of Farm Clothes
- Overalls (Farming, Animal Handling, some Herbalism and Happiness, adds Farmer's Daughter) and Sexy Overalls (as above, but adds sexy and slutty stats as well)
- Common gardener gloves (+3 herbalism, happiness)
- Dryad gloves (super rare, adds tons of Herbalism, combat, and seduction stats, as well as Dryad trait (among others))

Two Alchemy rings
- Ring of Mixology, which adds brewing, service, crafting, and Mixologist (which chunks up brewing and potion making rating, but isn't currently available on any other items)
- Ring of the Chatty Alchemist, a rare variant that cranks up the mixologist skills and adds bartender stats

I realize this thread's been dead for a while, but it didn't seem right making a new one. If anyone has any ideas for new items, grab the latest WM Editor and have at 'er! Just try to keep them somewhat balanced--if something is common (like the shitty gardening gloves), make sure they have garbage stats... if they're infinite, make sure they're more expensive and/or less useful than if they're limited-stock, if they're OP, make them rare catacomb drops, and make sure the price reflects the rarity so it doesn't screw up the economy.

Also, are there any item types that you think are missing? I've noticed that there's no real way to get rid of "Manly" at the moment, and sexual orientation is a colossal pain in the ass whenever it shows up (since both straight and lesbian will lead them to turn away customers, the only real reorientation option is bi, which seems to be rare and extremely damaging), so having some sex and gender-related items might be an option...

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2016, 08:31:49 AM »
... so it doesn't screw up the economy.
Implying that the economy isn't already screwed up.  I mean, most everything's fine, but once you've got a half-decent brothel with girls, money starts piling up.  Especially if you also have a girl/gang or two roaming the Catacombs where you can get items and girls to sell.

Also, are there any item types that you think are missing? I've noticed that there's no real way to get rid of "Manly" at the moment, and sexual orientation is a colossal pain in the ass whenever it shows up (since both straight and lesbian will lead them to turn away customers, the only real reorientation option is bi, which seems to be rare and extremely damaging), so having some sex and gender-related items might be an option...
There are Consumable items for changing orientation, although off-hand I don't recall if any of them deal with Manly.  Then again, I don't seem to have much an issue with that trait, or with girls turning away customers due to orientation (it happens, but it's not a problem because they're still getting 8 customers even after turning away multiple customers).