Author Topic: A couple of suggestions/requests  (Read 3653 times)

Offline ker

A couple of suggestions/requests
« on: October 25, 2009, 11:34:18 AM »
Great game, enjoy it much!

A couple of things I'd enjoy even more though.

1.  Could refusing to work be considered to be a critical event and show up red flagged in the report?
2.  Could you add a fullscreen option/ability to the game?  Get eyestrain after a bit =)
3.  Is there any way to have girls that don't have pictures (bad entries in the custom girls files) be skipped, and be replaced with a different girls automatically?  Always sad to see you getting a successful kidnapping and not actually getting a girl.
4.  In the item interface, could you make it so that the selected item stays selected after buying something.  I buy things like sexy dresses and hair combs in quantity, and having to reselect them each time is tedious.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
Re: A couple of suggestions/requests
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »
1. Yes, easy done.
2. It is planned but I need to finish a few interface details first.
3. Working on a fix, the only thing i can think of that causes no pictures showing up is the girls name and the directory are spelt differently.
4. I agree with that one totally, its very annoying.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline ker

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 07:03:37 PM »
3.  Generally they're spelled the same, I think it's from a trailing space that the author didn't notice.

5.  When meeting a girl while walking around town, would it be possible to know they're name as you're talking to them?  Not asking for custom scripts or nothing, but it could be 'Girl :"Hi, I'm [First Name], how are you?"'

6.  Could the merchant selling his daughter/taking his family pull off the normal girl pool rather than the random girl pool?  I like to get all the custom girls during a game, and after 1 or two times, I have no reason to take daughters from my johns who can't pay, so I just stick the johns into the dungeon.

7.  It seems that the order in which the custom/unique girls appear in the slave market, and that if the list is too long, some girls will never appear.  Can that be randomized any better?

8.  And just to parrot some other suggestions here.. Matrons being able to put girls back to work would be great, as would being able to set a 'standard' house percentage for slaves/freewomen.

Offline letmein

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
1)  I maybe wouldn't make it red flagged (assuming necno's going to implement multiple warning colors), but yes, I agree it should be flagged somehow.

5)  Good point.  However, I'm pretty sure that walking in town is also on the long list of things to be revamped a bit.  I could be wrong.

6)  I don't think it's an issue...  just take the random girls, then sell them and buy custom.

7)  Yeah, there is definitely something a little wonky with how girls are picked for the market.

8)  Yes, and yes.
Still lurking.

Offline ker

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »
6.  Ya, it isn't an issue.. but it is a request =)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
For #6, maybe instead of having it pick from the normal girl pool, we could have another designation for customer's wives/daughters.  So instead of normal/slave/catacomb, it would be normal/slave/catacomb/wife/daughter.  Alternatively, wife/daughter could be a subcategory of normal (so you could still get them while walking around town).  If there are no girls in the wife/daughter category, then it would use random girls.

This avoids the potential problem of a girl's back-story conflicting with how you obtain her.  As an example, it wouldn't make sense to get a girl whose description says she fell through a hole in the space-time continuum and is looking for a way home as the wife or daughter of one of your customers.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."