devolution

Author Topic: A short event idea  (Read 2852 times)

Offline slpowerhouse

A short event idea
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:42:33 AM »
I have an idea for an event where the girl's age would increase by 1.  This is basically a birth day event that would be called once every X weeks.  The change in the code would be fairly simple since all that would  be needed is a week obtained variable added to the girls.

sample pseudo code for the event call
if (WeekObtained % (Weeks in year)  == CurrentWeek % (Weeks in year)){
    age++;
    birthday event call;
}

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: A short event idea
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »
I have an idea for an event where the girl's age would increase by 1.  This is basically a birth day event that would be called once every X weeks.  The change in the code would be fairly simple since all that would  be needed is a week obtained variable added to the girls.

sample pseudo code for the event call
    age++;
    birthday event call;
}

Hmmm... be nice to allow for custom girl events, with a general fallback

Code: [Select]
      age++;
    if(girl.event("birthday") == true) {
        return           // event handled by girl
    }
      generic.event(gril, "birthday")
}

Would also be nice to pass the girl's age and action for the week in question. So the event could vary for certain ages activities ("I turn 30 and he won't give me the day off? bastard!") But it should be possible to get at that information from Lua

Offline slpowerhouse

Re: A short event idea
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 10:16:11 PM »
I was only thinking on the generic level, I was trying to not be too specific with the event details.  I completely understand specific age events being able to be added on.  I never worked with Lua so I don't know how hard any of this would actually be to implement.

I also came up with another event idea where you could put a girl into rehab to cure any addiction that she has.  I was thinking that each of the different types of addictions would have a different amount of time for the girl to be cured of it and you would not have access to using that girl until her course through rehab is over.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:25:56 PM by slpowerhouse »