devolution

Author Topic: Playstation 3 game suggestions?  (Read 50289 times)

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
Re: Playstation 3 game suggestions?
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:13 PM »
Oh it is going to bite them big right on the nuts by a doberman. Also for a game like star craft I would have liked a few expansions after just the first one to tide us gamers over until the next one in the series, I have heard of the people who suicided the first time starcraft 2 got pushed back
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:40:11 PM by megamanx »
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
Speaking of Starcraft 2 that JUST came out today.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline megamanx

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2010, 10:44:49 PM »
yeah got it and nine missions in already
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »
I'm going to create a thread for b.net account info so we can all swap info and play skirmishes together and stuff.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2010, 10:43:50 PM »
A retraction of a previous statement. Star Ocean: TLH IS on the ps3 as Star ocean International.

Still disappointing though.

Edit: Good god I suck for accuracy... JP only so far... Wait, why do I care at all?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:53:08 PM by Lorde »
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »
No, you were right the... second time. Star Ocean International came out in English speaking places in February. It is a pretty big disappointment though. Two managed to improve on everything in one, but three improved the combat while gutting most of the other things, and then four went downhill entirely, with both worse combat(which was admittedly still pretty good) and a graphical style that's really creepy.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2010, 12:57:01 AM »
No, you were right the... second time. Star Ocean International came out in English speaking places in February.

I blame Tri-ace's website for the mix up. They really should update that damn thing.

It is a pretty big disappointment though. Two managed to improve on everything in one, but three improved the combat while gutting most of the other things,

Two had hilariously God Awful Va's though.  So, for me at least, three is  the peak of the series.

and then four went downhill entirely, with both worse combat(which was admittedly still pretty good)

Great rpg game mechanics is a tri-ace specialty. Story telling... not so much. Though they do surprise you occasionally. Case in point, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

and a graphical style that's really creepy.

Yeah, no amount of gigantatity elf chicks in miniskirts can save me from a ship populated by loli's, furries and emo's. I'd seriously be launching people out the airlock day one.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »
I agree with Amoeba about 2 being the prime game in the series. Though honestly, none of the Star Oceans had very deep story lines. The 10 Wise men in SO2 are highly undeveloped characters, and yet they're the main villains in the game, that is pretty much a staple for all the games.
SO3 was just... well boring. Not to mention none of the characters are likable at all. (Abel was probably the coolest one there.) They tried to make the creation system make.. more realistic I guess? Well it fell on its face because it was no longer fun.

SO4 is just as boring if not more so. Again, zero likable characters I got 20 or so hours in and the plot was still stupid. Edge was crying about how he sucks. Blah blah blah. It's pretty lame. Oh and the graphical style is just odd. The characters look so weird and stiff. It's almost painful to watch. I remember getting lost in a dungeon because EVERYTHING looks the same. EVERYTHING. They tried so hard to make it pretty (I hope?) and I can't even see the switches to open anything! AHHHHHHHH FRUSTRATING.
I think the series could use a serious reboot. If they're going to use a anime style art and character designs... for the love of god make it look as such. Don't try to make them realistic Tri-Ace. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Great rpg game mechanics is a tri-ace specialty. Story telling... not so much. Though they do surprise you occasionally. Case in point, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
Haven't played that one. But VP: Lenneth is one of my all time favorite games... like ever. Silmeria isn't quite as good but it's not bad.

I think my two favorite RPG series would have to be Tales and Suikoden (COME ON SUIKODEN 6!)
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Lorde

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2010, 01:55:40 AM »
VP: CotP is the DS VP title. Surprisingly short but interesting story of revenge and the consequences thereof.

Vp2 was my favorite in the series though. For the very very very shallow reason of seeing 3 great asses sway back and forth on my screen.

Seriously.

Though VP as a whole, is second only to MegaTen as my all time favorite JRPG series.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2010, 02:48:35 AM »
Counting all of MegaTen as one series is a bit unfair. It's somewhere between five to seven, depending on if you think two games qualifies as a series, and about as many singular spin-offs. There's over thirty(Sixteen translated) MegaTen games, not counting ports/remakes, as opposed to the, I think three, VP games.

And since people are saying their favorite RPG series, come on Atlus! We need the original Growlanser translated! It's even out on PSP now! Also, translate four and six while you're at it! Especially four.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2010, 03:12:00 AM »
Every MegaTen game I have played i loved. From start to finish. So it might not be fare, but that's how it is for me.  :D

Also, my only exposure to the Growlanser series was V, Heritage of War. So I'm all for more being brought over. Right now though, it looks like Atlus is concentrating on the hand held market. With  ps2 development and ports stopping and PS3 development finally starting up. So the chances of older Growlanser titles coming over seems sadly slim. (might be a DLC in the future... How is PS3's marketplace? Anything comparable to XBLA? )

* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline megamanx

« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2010, 03:22:11 AM »
Star ocean has a story and a plot  ???
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2010, 03:36:00 AM »
Only played five? If you ever see a copy of the compilation of Growlansers'  two and three in a store, called Generations, you should pick it up then. And promptly throw out two... No idea how the marketplace is as compared to XBLA, as I don't use either, but I highly doubt four will ever see stateside release. Probably not six either, which is a horrible shame. I have some hope for the first one on the PSP though, given that it was released in Japan less than a month ago.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2010, 01:16:14 PM »
Star ocean has a story and a plot  ???
Yes it does. Who said they don't? I just said they weren't very deep.
Only played five? If you ever see a copy of the compilation of Growlansers'  two and three in a store, called Generations, you should pick it up then. And promptly throw out two.
We only have 2,3 and 5 right? Then I played all the ones in the US. Completed them, and loved them.

The only two megaten games I've beaten are Persona 3 and 4. I played most of the other english releases though. Loved the two persona though.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2010, 01:19:01 PM »
You know, you can't go wrong with Oblivion, though it's better on PC than the consoles simply for the ease of modding.  Same with FO3.