Author Topic: <-- Archived --> (Battle Engine and Combat)  (Read 118598 times)

Offline Xipomus

Re: Battle Engine and Combat
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2014, 07:10:10 AM »
I mean like. Make parts of an enviroment like a desert and another part forest. Than you can randomize each gave.
That way you get a different map each game.

A bit lke tiling from RPG maker only using areas instead of tiles.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
Ah, I see. That's interesting idea, but it's probably up to Xela to decide.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »
up to Xela to decide.

I don't really care either way but this is not something I'd do myself.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2014, 11:17:19 AM »
Then let's avoid it.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »
I've picked up the Campain Cartographer.. but to be honest the maps that come out of there aren't that good.
Probably for mini maps or something it would be good.

Grabbing a ingame render of Civ 5 would problaby give a better looking map that this stuff.
I'm building some renders to make some tiles from. Hopefully that will give it a better look.

Will get back to you, when i have the map and written the logic for it. (not much just some checking and a seperate image for showing and hiding stuff and highlighting certain things on the map).

After that i'll start looking at some dungeon stuff. I got some stuff already, but i'm trying to build a library so you can tile like an old fashioned 3d scroller.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2014, 03:45:54 PM »
Oki, let me know if there is something concrete. I can't seem to find the energy to start with ST module and we got resources/content for nothing else atm.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2014, 04:15:57 PM »
Oki, let me know if there is something concrete. I can't seem to find the energy to start with ST module and we got resources/content for nothing else atm.

ST module? Energy issues sounds familiar...
If you don't have the energy left.. i could focus on the arena. Made a few peeps cheering. Need a lot more though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2014, 03:31:09 AM »
ST module? Energy issues sounds familiar...
If you don't have the energy left.. i could focus on the arena. Made a few peeps cheering. Need a lot more though.

"Slave training"

We've discussed it to a good extend. It's not that I don't have any energy, the task of being both project manager and a coder takes it's tole. I think some form of an organization is required, just need to come up with something efficient...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2014, 06:20:50 AM »
It's been awhile since the last update or any noticeable activity. I'm assuming that the project is suspended until this situation will change. Because without a coder all our work is useless.

If you want a new goal, EE/BE/LS are options as well.

Btw, I cannot find Eliont's blog anymore. Did he terminate his project?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:51:07 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2014, 08:01:32 PM »
"Slave training"

We've discussed it to a good extend. It's not that I don't have any energy, the task of being both project manager and a coder takes it's tole. I think some form of an organization is required, just need to come up with something efficient...

It's been awhile since the last update or any noticeable activity. I'm assuming that the project is suspended until this situation will change.

If you want a new goal, EE/BE/LS are options as well.

Btw, I cannot find Eliont's blog anymore. Did he terminate his project?

Hmm apparently I missed a lot while working.. coz i have no idea what you are talking about with the ST, EE, BE en LS.
If you want to organise you have bitbucket to organise the project. That way you can also have an issue list and assign who is busy with. You also link it to the mercurial i think. Dunno for sure.. have been a project member not a leader on it.

it's bitbucket dot org as a website.
If that doens't work, I can always have a look at a wordpress project management system.
I'll pick up a website for it if needed

For now going to concentrace on the map, unless one of you say you rather focus on something else first.
The dungeon you could add in the city you have already.. so you don't need to have a map for it.

Let me know.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2014, 06:21:59 AM »
I'll take a look at bitbucket. Elionts blog was shut down for content violation of some form I think, last version was blogged to otaku only.

It's difficult to say if the project is suspended or not, I do have time to work on it, even thought it's less than before but every time that I want to code something, I get lost in what's need to be done and it what order :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »
It's difficult to say if the project is suspended or not, I do have time to work on it, even thought it's less than before but every time that I want to code something, I get lost in what's need to be done and it what order :(
My school exams just finished, so now I should have some time for this again. But because it's two months from last time I did something, I'm not sure what to do too.

Like, I know that before I wanted to improve rest and job reports a bit (better or new image-to-text matching), but I figured out that the current image tags are no good for that.
But to change tags, I need DarkTl's approval and also we decided to not change them until ST
And also there was this new day screen remake thinking, after what I'm not sure it this is even worth looking into this anymore as the code may change for that.

For arena teams or quest, I believe our BE would need to be improved first, because now it's just not interesting enough to work on. (It need at least more skill types if nothing else)

I know I want few more brothels, but I'm waiting for DarkTl, as he said that there will be some new bgs to choose from. (I have some myself, but bigger selection to choose from is always nice)
But that may be an excuse, as I'm not really sure about the balance issues there...

And even simple stuff like making new girls is loosing it's appeal when I know that the tags are not ok... so I'm kinda lost too

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »
Yup, I will continue to collect resources anyway. Even if Xela is going to ominously delete our repository and disappear, I'll just join some other team. It's too late for me to stop  :D

BE could use more skills for all elements indeed, you do it better than me, so go ahead.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:25:19 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2014, 01:53:43 PM »
The only way I'll disappear is that if I accidentally die, even if I want have any time for the project or loose interest, I'll still be around or at least post a message.

Otherwise CW's issue is my own as well, I just don't know what to work on. The options are too numerous and project is not very well organized at the moment (we don't even have a new TODO list). Maybe it's because stuff like taxes/girlsmeets is still unfinished and unbalanced and I see little point in going forward with so many loose ends in the existing modules.

We need to choose a direction as well:

- Work on SlaveTraining/improving Tags system
- Work on BE/EE
- Work on content/improving existing modules (Arena/GM/Brothels etc.)
- Write extensive and documented modding guides (try to get some new people involved)
- Work on improving interface
- Take a fresh direction/start a new project (using a lot of existing code)

============================
We need to pick something and make sure everyone is on board, then we'll get thing slowly moving forward again.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »
The only way I'll disappear is that if I accidentally die, even if I want have any time for the project or loose interest, I'll still be around or at least post a message.

Otherwise CW's issue is my own as well, I just don't know what to work on. The options are too numerous and project is not very well organized at the moment (we don't even have a new TODO list). Maybe it's because stuff like taxes/girlsmeets is still unfinished and unbalanced and I see little point in going forward with so many loose ends in the existing modules.

We need to choose a direction as well:

- Work on SlaveTraining/improving Tags system
- Work on BE/EE
- Work on content/improving existing modules (Arena/GM/Brothels etc.)
- Write extensive and documented modding guides (try to get some new people involved)
- Work on improving interface
- Take a fresh direction/start a new project (using a lot of existing code)

============================
We need to pick something and make sure everyone is on board, then we'll get thing slowly moving forward again.

If I take the above points in consideration.. i would say it probably a wise idea not to add to much ideas to the current concept.  So no adding dungeons or forests and stuff till the base has been optimized more.

So start with fixing/tuning the current game and add to the BE (still content already in the game). (I don't count adding backgrounds or girls as new content, that's part of the game already)

To get started with this.. it's probably wise to start a list somewhere with issues.
That way anyone can grab an open issue and try to solve it.

I think bitbucket can work for that. If not i could test some wordpress project managers and see if one of those will do.

Or a topic is this forum with just issues. A topic for each issue. It's a bit much, but it would show which issue is done. Which isn't.

That's my view on things. Dunno how you guys feel about that.