Author Topic: Game Design/Ideas  (Read 124599 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Game Design/Ideas
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »
It shouldn't be exactly childhood, you know. Just events in the past of MC, perhaps even in the recent past. It opens a good possibility to create more or less unique MC without things like traits or races.

Been a hectic week so I can't think straight but how is that different from just picking a class like warrior/mage/merchant? Seems like a clumsy attempt to wrap a simple concept in bunch of events to make it look less shitty cause it's a commercial game (not to say that WinterWolves games suck, they have a couple of decent releases).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2013, 01:18:31 PM »
Probably because you could create a half-mage, half-warrior if you want to; or either merchant-seducer or refined merchant; it also has impact on MC gold. Besides, even if you don't want to give initial girl, MC could meet 1-2 girls during pregame events.

Of course, in the end all this could be achieved during the game without any events, but they will enliven the beginning of the game for sure. Anything is better than one message with general information about the game world with brothel interface on background, like in wm.

It also could be done as a quest during intro. Story tells in outline how MC ended up in the city, overcoming obstacles (thugs, guards, lack of money, etc), and player choses how exactly MC did it. Depending on choices the game modifies MC stats.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
Story tells in outline how MC ended up in the city, overcoming obstacles (thugs, guards, lack of money, etc), and player choses how exactly MC did it.

You can see the root of the problem here, it already suggests a number of paths and that puts severe limitations on all future events cause writers would have to be vague. We can spin it without a doubt, one life path with a number of choices for example.

In any case, this is definitely a possibility.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »
one life path with a number of choices for example
Yup, that's what I mean. Let's say, MC meets guards. He could either bribe (+intelligence -gold), persuade (+charisma -refinement) or attack (+combat -reputation) them.
It doesn't matter whether you play as a warrior or a merchant, MC meets them anyway and has the same options.

Offline DarkTl

Re: Game Design/Ideas
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2013, 05:16:23 PM »
So, before I forget, about clones and traits.
First of all, artificaial body is a problem in terms of logic. We should either prohibit the cloning of artificaial girls or just remove this trait (but in this case traits will not match pictures, very often androids have visible nonorganic parts; maybe I should delete the item that removes this trait after all).

Genetically inherited traits (at least according to some articles) with a certain probability, maybe depending on fee: Tough, Fragile, Retarded, Genius, Elegant, Clumsy, Psychic, Aggressive, Meek, Charismatic, Tsundere, Tomboy, Impersonal, Extremely Jealous, Edgy, Collected, Nymphomaniac, Fast Orgasms, Slow Orgasms, Heavy Drinker, Always Hungry.

Removable under any circumstances: Athletic, Strong, Smart, Fleet of Foot, Nerd, Silly, Fighter, Assassin, Adventurer, Kleptomaniac, Maid, Cool Scars, Small Scars, Scars, Horrific Scars, Mind Fucked, Broken Will, Iron Will, Fearless, Shy, Optimist, Pessimist, Dependant, Yandere, Merciless, Malicious, Kind, Serious, Strict Morals, Curious, Loner, Sadistic, Masochist, Lesbian, Sexy Air, Frigid, MILF, Exhibitionnist, Bisexual, Lucky, Unlucky, Famous, Noble.

Plus absolute block on Magic Gift and Magic Talent, then add Virgin if the original doesn't have it, and maybe Lolita too.
All other traits shouldn't be affected at all.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2013, 05:19:22 PM »
So, before I forget, about clones and traits.
First of all, artificaial body is a problem in terms of logic. We should either prohibit the cloning of artificaial girls or just remove this trait (but in this case traits will not match pictures, very often androids have visible nonorganic parts; maybe I should delete the item that removes this trait after all).

Genetically inherited traits (at least according to some articles) with a certain probability, maybe depending on fee: Tough, Fragile, Retarded, Genius, Elegant, Clumsy, Psychic, Aggressive, Meek, Charismatic, Tsundere, Tomboy, Impersonal, Extremely Jealous, Edgy, Collected, Nymphomaniac, Fast Orgasms, Slow Orgasms, Heavy Drinker, Always Hungry.

Removable under any circumstances: Athletic, Strong, Smart, Fleet of Foot, Nerd, Silly, Fighter, Assassin, Adventurer, Kleptomaniac, Maid, Cool Scars, Small Scars, Scars, Horrific Scars, Mind Fucked, Broken Will, Iron Will, Fearless, Shy, Optimist, Pessimist, Dependant, Yandere, Merciless, Malicious, Kind, Serious, Strict Morals, Curious, Loner, Sadistic, Masochist, Lesbian, Sexy Air, Frigid, MILF, Exhibitionnist, Bisexual, Lucky, Unlucky, Famous, Noble.

Plus absolute block on Magic Gift and Magic Talent, then add Virgin if the original doesn't have it, and maybe Lolita too.
All other traits shouldn't be affected at all.

Oki, noted.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
Damn, I am stuck...

How do we handle girl's sexual preferences in the game? I've added the choices to the girl's control but now I am having difficulties finding the correct approach to when girl refuses to do a certain task (anal/lesbian/normalsex/BJ)? We have slave/free girls, girls with relevant traits, disposition, character and skills to consider so thing thing is really confusing.

Any ideas?

Edit:
I am putting this whole thing on hold until we've discussed this topic in detail... Gonna write code for the sell brothel button. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:07:18 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
First of all, how about random charisma level for customers?

I think it will be way too difficult system if we will take into consideration all our traits. Let's restrict ourselves to stats, sex is a simple thing after all   :)

If orientation is right, if libido>0, corresponding sex skill>20-30, joy is high enough, then there should be no problems at all.

Not sure about slaves, since we don't have training system for them yet. Let's assume that they will not refuse unless have 0 joy and negative disposition (less than -300 maybe). Instead they will get penalties to disposition and joy.

I was going to propose that is case of any problems disposition should be more than character*10 before girl will agree to do something she doesn't want, but character max is not necessarily 100. Maybe that does not matter though, especially if we will have items rising max disposition, or will normalize character stat before this check.

If orientation is wrong but corresponding sex skill at least 60, then no problems. Otherwise the probability of refusing is libido-100, ie with 100 libido she doesn't care about orientation.

If corresponding sex skill<20-30, or health is less than, let's say, 20-25% of max health, or fatigue= 90% or more of max fatigue, then girl is unable to enjoy sex properly no matter how high her libido, ie check for disposition.

If libido=0 and sex skill<90 then check for disposition. If sex skill>90 then no check but penalty to joy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:21:58 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2013, 02:28:34 PM »
Ok, so we basically start with orientation: straight/gay/bi?

Joy/Disposition penalties for slaves while free girls refuse on mismatched orientation unless libido is over the roof? The trouble  with latter is that the options should be turned off when libido falls and that's annoying... Maybe disposition and skill check instead, but than how would you get sex stats high if free girls keep refusing everything?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »
Nope. The probability of refusing, ie with 50 libido there is 50% of refusal, with 60 libido it's 40%, and only unless the girl will become professional, ie high enough sex skill. If you think 60 sex skill is too high, make it 50 or 40. If you think 50 and 40% are too high, make them 25 and 20%.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »
Ok, so we basically start with orientation: straight/gay/bi?
Wait a sec, you forgot frigid. It doesn't mean that the girl cannot work as a whore, but she has to be a pro in all skills to avoid any refusals.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »
Nope. The probability of refusing, ie with 50 libido there is 50% of refusal, with 60 libido it's 40%, and only unless the girl will become professional, ie high enough sex skill. If you think 60 sex skill is too high, make it 50 or 40. If you think 50 and 40% are too high, make them 25 and 20%.

We're talking about enabling it during the girl control, not real time during jobs so we prolly need something more solid than libido.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2013, 03:01:43 PM »
Wait a sec, you forgot frigid. It doesn't mean that the girl cannot work as a whore, but she has to be a pro in all skills to avoid any refusals.

Expand on that pls?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »
how would you get sex stats high if free girls keep refusing everything?
Let's put it another way. We have plenty of options in the game, if you want some non lesbian girl to sleep with other girls, be so kind to buy her a couple of manuals, pay for lesbian sex school until she will have enough lesbian skill, force her to have sex with another girl at the cost of disposition and AP, etc.

Expand on that pls?
I consider Frigid as sexual suborientation. Literally. It even blocks lesbian and bisexual traits.

It means that Frigid girl will refuse anything during whore job unless she has high enough skill in it, ie anal/lesbian/normalsex/BJ/whatever.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:11:45 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2013, 03:20:24 PM »
I consider Frigid as sexual suborientation. Literally. It even blocks lesbian and bisexual traits.

It means that Frigid girl will refuse anything during whore job unless she has high enough skill in it, ie anal/lesbian/normalsex/BJ/whatever.

Ok, so basically girl that hates sex? Why does she agree on high skill is what  I don't get?

=============================
Having a really hard time building logical chain for all of the above at the moment... maybe I gotta sleep on it or something.
Like what we're doing?