Author Topic: Game Design/Ideas  (Read 124595 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Game Design/Ideas
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »
Ok, so basically girl that hates sex?
She doesn't hate sex, she is indifferent to it. What you talking about is antisexuality.

Why does she agree on high skill is what I don't get?
Because it's a well-paid job and because she is a pro in this job. Besides, I believe that with high enough skills even frigid person could enjoy it a little.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
She doesn't hate sex, she is indifferent to it. What you talking about is antisexuality.

How is it orientation? It's more like an effect that caps libido.

Because it's a well-paid job and because she is a pro in this job. Besides, I believe that with high enough skills even frigid person could enjoy it a little.

Just confuses me further :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:44:10 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2013, 03:46:03 PM »
How is it a orientation? It's more like an effect that caps libido.
It is caps libido, but it also means the the girl doesn't attracted sexually to both males and females. Just like straight ones don't attracted to females.

Just confuses me further :)
Why do you think straight girls have sex with females? That's why frigid girls have sex with anyone. If you think that straight ones should only have it with males in the game, be my guest and exclude frigid ones from all sexual relations.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 03:47:54 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2013, 04:04:52 PM »
Why do you think straight girls have sex with females? That's why frigid girls have sex with anyone. If you think that straight ones should only have it with males in the game, be my guest and exclude frigid ones from all sexual relations.

I am for leaving frigid out of the game or turning it into a trait or effect, not sexual orientation.

Otherwise, what I need is a logical chain to write code and right now I have none. Maybe we should take the WM route and simplify things but I wanted it to be more than that even for 1.0 (coded it into girl control screen already).

The selling brothel button is ready, with confirmation screen, all girls being kicked out and index reset/returning to the main screen if all brothels are sold. Do you think that brothels player decides to sell should be available on the market again and what should we do with the upgrades/rooms player buys, include those into selling price or just sell at the original market price * 0.8?

I am going to see if I can connect service tasks lock-in effect through girl control right now...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
Otherwise, what I need is a logical chain to write code and right now I have none
You have my basic propositions, they include orientation, libido, character, health, fatigue and sex skill. It doesn't matter if frigid is orientation or not.

Do you think that brothels player decides to sell should be available on the market again and what should we do with the upgrades/rooms player buys, include those into selling price or just sell at the original market price * 0.8?
I think upgrades don't matter, while the number of rooms in the building does. Upgrades are mostly furniture and decor, and rooms are real estate.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »
You have my basic propositions, they include orientation, libido, character, health, fatigue and sex skill. It doesn't matter if frigid is orientation or not.

I am glad that we've at the very least agreed on adding orientations. Maybe I just need to sleep on it like I've said...

I think upgrades don't matter, while the number of rooms in the building does. Upgrades are mostly furniture and decor, and rooms are real estate.

I always assumed that rooms are there, just not habitable.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2013, 04:47:10 PM »
I always assumed that rooms are there, just not habitable.
If by adding new rooms we simply add to empty, but usable rooms furniture and decor, then rooms don't matter.
If those rooms are generally unusable before adding (like lack of heating or leaking roof), then they do matter  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:50:19 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2013, 05:04:40 PM »
If by adding new rooms we simply add to empty, but usable rooms furniture and decor, then rooms don't matter.
If those rooms are generally unusable before adding (like lack of heating or leaking roof), then they do matter  :)

Well, just price of the brothel for now.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2013, 05:17:22 PM »
I am for leaving frigid out of the game or turning it into a trait or effect
It is the opposite of Nymphomaniac trait anyway. You might as well exclude or turn into effects both of them.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »
It is the opposite of Nymphomaniac trait anyway. You might as well exclude or turn into effects both of them.

One adds to libido daily and the other drains libido? This might actually work out really well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »
Except the fact that we cannot add pure effects to girls in xmls, so we should either use these traits as a base or add a new field to xml.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2013, 05:44:26 PM »
Except the fact that we cannot add pure effects to girls in xmls, so we should either use these traits as a base or add a new field to xml.

We'll add the field, do we have traits mechanics that apply stats on daily basis? I actually forgot since I've never designed a trait...

In any case, service tasks and restrictions in girl control are both finished along with selling the brothel button. Girls can now be sold/fired as well but I still need to add confirmation window.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »
I believe it's impossible to create such trait without effects system.

Girls can now be sold/fired as well but I still need to add confirmation window.
Random girls/clones probably don't need it, but unique ones should stay in the game even after you sold/fired them. I guess.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »
Random girls/clones probably don't need it, but unique ones should stay in the game even after you sold/fired them. I guess.

Right now they all stay, imagine having to fire some random girl for whatever reason after some large investments into her and never being able to see her again. It's actually quite easy right now but we'll have to track origin in the future to make better decisions on what to do with fired/sold girls.

I believe it's impossible to create such trait without effects system.

Might be a good idea to add that... Nymphomaniac and frigid really sound like traits and not effects.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2013, 06:00:50 PM »
That remindes me, we have mechanism for adding new girls without starting a new game, but what about deleting? What will happen if you delete xml/json?

imagine having to fire some random girl for whatever reason after some large investments into her and never being able to see her again.
Most clones should die after a month or two anyway, but I'm afraid that the game could be quickly crowded with random girls if player actively uses and fires them (totally possible with captured monster girls).