Author Topic: Game Design/Ideas  (Read 124564 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Game Design/Ideas
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
Currently, my solution is to use excitable girl for it, put childish under optimism+lolita combination and squeeze calm optimism somewhere else, but I'm not totally sure about it.
I agree with such interpretation. I believe calm optimism is either Collected, Fearless or doesn't need trait at all (nothing wrong in hoping for the best, most people irl do it  :) ) depending on the character.

I have some ripped lines that would fit for "big sis" archetype (caring, overly-protective and often giving preachings) that I would like to add, but I'm unable to figure what trait to use, or (and I would prefer that) how to name a new one.
That's the list of archetypes. I guess the one you talking about called "ane".

I wounder if we should add a couple of archetypes from there, like kamidere or dandere.

May I suggest not to bother with traits for texts at this point?
Nope.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2013, 02:53:22 PM »
I agree with such interpretation. I believe calm optimism is either Collected, Fearless or doesn't need trait at all (nothing wrong in hoping for the best, most people irl do it  :) ) depending on the character.
Thanks, I'll do that...
That's the list of archetypes. I guess the one you talking about called "ane".

I wounder if we should add a couple of archetypes from there, like kamidere or dandere.
Yup, that's the one. Closest is surely "kind" trait but not quite. But the difference is probably not worth it.

But I *LOVE* kamidere characters! please do!  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2013, 03:05:32 PM »
I don't even know what kamedere is :)

We've got:

"Poison"
"Unstable"
"Optimist"
"Pessimist"
"Composure"

What else do we need? Caught a cold is a temp trait so do we need a "Down with Cold" effect to go with it, remove trait completely and replace it with effect and what do we want the effect to be (Other than hit on health and fatigue?)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:17:03 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »
But I *LOVE* kamidere characters! please do!  :)
Actually, I'm not sure which ones we should add and with what descriptions. You could do it yourself and put in your db folder, I'll take a look then.

I don't even know what kamedere is :)
That's why traits have descriptions in a first place  :)

Caught a cold is a temp trait so do we need a "Down with Cold" effect to go with it, remove trait completely and replace it with effect and what do we want the effect to be (Other than hit on health and fatigue?)
Definitely replace. And not only penalties to health and fatigue, but a little to joy as well.
Maybe it also could be contagious if MC or other girls (in the future) spend a lot of time with infected characters.

Did you add libido effects to Nymphomaniac and Frigid? What about Impersonal and penalty to joy changes? Maybe penalty to increasing disposition for Loner and Impersonal both.

We also need "near death" effect, since we decided to not have death during jobs.

Maybe something like "exhaustion" when fatigue is high enough.

And some kind of major negative effect for 3-5 days after resurrection, so even if you have tons of resurrecting items, you still cannot allow recklessness.

Also how about +5-10% and -5-10% to imcoming exp for Genius and Retarded?

And maybe a bit of gold from time to time for Kleptomaniac?

+libido both in and outside of BE for Sadistic and Masochist when they hurt/been hurted.

Virgin theoretically should have much higher disposition to have any sexual acts with MC or customers, and Strict Morals as well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:17:55 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »
Definitely replace. And not only penalties to health and fatigue, but a little to joy as well.
Maybe it also could be contagious if MC or other girls (in the future) spend a lot of time with infected characters.

Did you add libido effects to Nymphomaniac and Frigid? What about Impersonal and penalty to joy changes? Maybe penalty to increasing disposition for Loner and Impersonal both.

We also need "near death" effect, since we decided to not have death during jobs.

Maybe something like "exhaustion" when fatigue is high enough.

And some kind of major negative effect for 3-5 days after resurrection, so even if you have tons of resurrecting items, you still cannot allow recklessness.

Also how about +5-10% and -5-10% to imcoming exp for Genius and Retarded?

And maybe a bit of gold from time to time for Kleptomaniac?

+libido both in and outside of BE for Sadistic and Masochist when they hurt/been hurted.

Virgin theoretically should have much higher disposition to have any sexual acts with MC or customers, and Strict Morals as well.

Oki, Down with Cold, Nymphomania and Frigid are down.

I thought we decided to drop Impresonal?

Near Death will never occur, health will be set to 1 and you'll have to heal the character, that already works and is a ok for a near death effect for 1.0 unless you have some other idea?

Exhaustion will only get in a way of SlaveDriver job effect I wanna add. We can add both but what do you want exhaustion to do? I mean, it already pretty much means that character cannot do any jobs or fight until rested, how is that not being exhausted?

Resurrection will only be available in church or some altar. Also I see absolutely no point in that effect, we can just as well agree that resurrection itself takes 4 - 5 days itself before girl is restored.

Genius/Retarded should be localized, not game-wide. Genius does not guaranty extra experience in a bar brawl and retarded does not guaranty penalty to exp if character is chopping wood (somewhere in distant future :) ). It can be coded in, I am just not sure if that's good game design. Fast Learner/Slow Learner is better bet, but it's overwhelmingly powerful trait in WM, do we want it to mimic it in PyTFall where we plan levels to really matter?

Kleptomaniac I'll code it right now, amount will depend on characters agility and level.

Done with Kleptomaniac:
Code: [Select]
            elif effect == "Kleptomaniac":
                if dice(int(self.agility/10 + max(self.level, 50))):
                    self.gold += int(self.agility + self.level*random.randint(1,3))

Sadistic and Masochist should also be localized.

Virgin, Strict Morals are localized without any debate... how is this supposed to be an effect? Virgin should have added to moral stat maybe (if we had one that is).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:24:29 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »
You forgot about penalty to increasing disposition for traits like Loner and Impersonal. Maybe Tsundere too.

I thought we decided to drop Impresonal?
I don't know. You never answered that part of my post. I said it could be rounded up if you don't want floats.

Near Death will never occur, health will be set to 1 and you'll have to heal the character, that already works and is a ok for a near death effect for 1.0 unless you have some other idea?
Why do you need to heal them at all if they cannot die at all? Sounds like some horde of undead  :)

I mean, it already pretty much means that character cannot do any jobs or fight until rested, how is that not being exhausted?
Solely as an indicator. For example, player did not notice high fatigue, or does not know game mechanics yet, so he wonders why girl refuses to work.

we can just as well agree that resurrection itself takes 4 - 5 days itself before girl is restored.
Ok.

Genius/Retarded should be localized, not game-wide. Genius does not guaranty extra experience in a bar brawl and retarded does not guaranty penalty to exp if character is chopping wood
Still, we talking about 5-10%. I believe no matter the job Genius will be a little better than Retarded.

Fast Learner/Slow Learner is better bet, but it's overwhelmingly powerful trait in WM, do we want it to mimic it in PyTFall where we plan levels to really matter?
They hardly could be called traits anyway. Slow learner is basically a silly or retarded charater, and vice versa.

Oh, and what about food poisoning? Did you code it?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:06:46 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2013, 04:59:31 PM »
You forgot about penalty to increasing disposition for traits like Loner and Impersonal. Maybe Tsundere too.

How much of a penalty and what should I call that effect?

I don't know. You never answered that part of my post. I said it could be rounded up if you don't want floats.

It could, but it would be rounded to 1/2/3 most of the time, it will basically only effect items since nothing else raises joy on the scale required for this mod to matter.

Why do you need to heal them at all if they cannot die at all? Sounds like some horde of undead  :)

Because they cannot do jack (all jobs are blocked for them) and fighting with 1 HP is retarded. You'll be stuck with girls that cannot function, refuse/unable to interact and will die on the first hit in a fight. What other reason do you require to heal them? ??? ???

Solely as an indicator. For example, player did not notice high fatigue, or does not know game mechanics yet, so he wonders why girl refuses to work.

That's why we have girl report screens. Also Auto-Rest will be enabled on all girls (maybe except with retarded trait in the future), so player would have to turn that option off.

Still, we talking about 5-10%. I believe no matter the job Genius will be a little better than Retarded.
They hardly could be called traits anyway. Slow learner is basically a silly or retarded charater, and vice versa.

Ok... I'll code this in today (Slow/Fast learner) and continue coding tomorrow.

Should work:
Code: [Select]
            elif key == 'exp':
                if self.__dict__['effects']["Slow Learner"]['active']:
                    self.__dict__['exp'] = self.__dict__['exp'] + int((value - self.__dict__['exp'])*0.95)
                elif self.__dict__['effects']["Fast Learner"]['active']:
                    self.__dict__['exp'] = self.__dict__['exp'] + int((value - self.__dict__['exp'])*1.05)
                else:   
                    self.__dict__['exp'] = value

Should mod experience by 5% whenever that experience is earned...

Oh, and what about food poisoning? Did you code it?

I kinda thought we decided to postpone food/drugs/hangover? If not, what should food poison effect be like? It should activate if girl consumes more than 10 food items per day but it should not be Poison Effect... that's to severe...

In any case, I will be coding this only tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:46:25 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2013, 05:32:21 PM »
How much of a penalty and what should I call that effect?
Enclosed, introvert, maybe reserved. Not sure about penalty, how about 66%?

It could, but it would be rounded to 1/2/3 most of the time, it will basically only effect items since nothing else raises joy on the scare required for this mod to matter.
I'm aware of this. So?

Because they cannot do jack (all jobs are blocked for them)
Ah, ok then.

I kinda thought we decided to postpone food/drugs/hangover? If not, what should food poison effect be like? It should activate if girl consumes more than 10 food items per day but it should not be Poison Effect...
Only drugs and hangover, food is already there. I believe it should be similar to Down with Cold, but for 1-2 days and more acute. Imagine major stomach upset irl, how will you feel, especially at work?  :)

------------------------------
Almost finished Duel Savior, playing the final route now. Truly masterpiece in terms of new game+, enemies AI grows before your eyes after each route. In most games they just get bonuses to all stats.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »
Enclosed, introvert, maybe reserved. Not sure about penalty, how about 66%?

Introvert I guess, lets make it 80%, 66 is to severe, disposition is very important to the game!

I'm aware of this. So?

So it's prolly not worth the effort?

Only drugs and hangover, food is already there. I believe it should be similar to Down with Cold, but for 1-2 days and more acute. Imagine major stomach upset irl, how will you feel, especially at work?  :)

Got it, I'll add it tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2013, 07:21:13 PM »
Images for classes on school screen were distorted, so I cropped them to correct fit and when I was at it, I added a few more. Whole folder is on my DP now.

btw. I'm wondering about the amount of attention you're giving to that "retarded" trait. I know at least one girl that would qualify for "Mind Fucked" (Yin),  but I'm clueless when it comes to retarded ones. I admit that some of them are just plain stupid, almost suicidally at  times, but still....

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2013, 05:31:36 AM »
So it's prolly not worth the effort?
Hard to say until the game will be balanced out. We'll see.

I know at least one girl that would qualify for "Mind Fucked" (Yin),  but I'm clueless when it comes to retarded ones. I admit that some of them are just plain stupid, almost suicidally at  times, but still....
I recall at least three characters now that have major problems with intelligence, down to the inability to read or feed themselves. While thay are not mind fucked, ie do not have any mental health problems, they are far beyond silly.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2013, 07:26:31 AM »
I recall at least three characters now that have major problems with intelligence, down to the inability to read or feed themselves. While thay are not mind fucked, ie do not have any mental health problems, they are far beyond silly.
All is fine then, thanks

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2013, 07:35:50 AM »
Done with introvert and food poisoning :)

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
Images for classes on school screen were distorted, so I cropped them to correct fit and when I was at it, I added a few more. Whole folder is on my DP now.

Would have been easier to do with RenPy, but thanks anyway :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2013, 09:54:06 AM »
We will need extrovert effect as well, opposite to introvert.