devolution

Author Topic: Game Design/Ideas  (Read 123445 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: Game Design/Ideas
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2013, 05:44:32 PM »
I know this is supposed to be a H-game... but I'm still thinking about teams like:

one bleach character and two common shinigamis
mad scientist and his robot
team with 3 crossdressers
team with 3 old perverts who joined just to touch girls
...etc. anything fun  :)

If not for the main arena, then at least for the pits.

What could be needed for NPC fighter? Name, stats, some boasting line to shout before combat... without need for other pictures then battle sprite, portrait and maybe one for combat category it doesn't sound like much work to create some (at least compared to making girlpacks)
Also...Is it hard to add new unique attack animation to the game? That's something I would really like to do for some girls.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
I know this is supposed to be a H-game... but I'm still thinking about teams like:

one bleach character and two common shinigamis
mad scientist and his robot
team with 3 crossdressers
team with 3 old perverts who joined just to touch girls
...etc. anything fun  :)

Sounds like fun :) After main logic is ready, we should definitely add this (It'll be really easy).

What could be needed for NPC fighter? Name, stats, some boasting line to shout before combat... without need for other pictures then battle sprite, portrait and maybe one for combat category it doesn't sound like much work to create some (at least compared to making girlpacks)

Some internal logic as well but it should be easier than girls packs.

Also...Is it hard to add new unique attack animation to the game? That's something I would really like to do for some girls.

Graphics, sound and one line of code to register a new skill. Animation itself is a simple renpy image animation (image name/pause statements) or a FilmStrip/Crop if RPGMaker type of image is used.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2013, 04:57:03 AM »
make game run a bit faster if we agreed that there will always be 100+ characters available to participate.
Like I said, 1 random pack will solve everything. You could make an option in the game settings to freely use random girls / use them only when absolutely necessary for people who dislike them.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2013, 05:30:26 AM »
Like I said, 1 random pack will solve everything. You could make an option in the game settings to freely use random girls / use them only when absolutely necessary for people who dislike them.

Yeap.

On a sidenote:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters).

Pure python Arena class (without GUI) can no longer fit in a single post (was still possible yesterday :) )
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2014, 12:11:22 AM »
I couldn't sleep last night and this is a result - my attempt to draw a new day screen...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2014, 12:52:50 AM »
^Next day button should always be in the same place, it's a very popular request that I support as well. It probably should be in the lower right corner, you even have enough space there.

Some new ideas for wm here that we might use at events. #3 and 8, more specifically.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2014, 02:55:12 AM »
I couldn't sleep last night and this is a result - my attempt to draw a new day screen...

Looks great! You managed this much sorting/screen logic in just one night?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2014, 03:34:52 AM »
You haven't pushed yet?

Why are your latest add-ons to the tagging for girlsmeets all commented out?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2014, 05:25:59 AM »
So, about limiting constitution and, as a consequence, AP via traits.

We also have agility btw, and I find it strange that AP based on endurance only, speed is important too.
If you don't want to make AP limited, they could be based on both constitution and agility, and agility, as a battle stat, cannot be completely limited for balance purposes, just like attack of defence.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2014, 06:58:24 AM »
Looks great! You managed this much sorting/screen logic in just one night?
Lol, that would be nice  :)  but no, most of this is not working well yet. I need a few more days for sure.
Sorry for making a confusing post... (I blame the sleepiness)

Why are your latest add-ons to the tagging for girlsmeets all commented out?
There will be no images for that until tag revision, so it would just cause profile pics showing everywhere as it is now.
But I didn't have any well-thoughtout reason for pushing that. Maybe because it was easier than explaining?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:59:56 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2014, 02:15:25 AM »
Or maybe we could limit via traits fatigue only. For example, with the same con AB girl will have 3 times more max fatigue than fragile girl. Yet the same amount of AP.
Perhaps the same should be done with health.

Also, I recall the idea about "slots" for traits. Like, character slot, mind slot, boobs slot.
I guess we could use it at least for boobs, intelligence and body traits. Character traits are too chaotic for that, though I guess it is possible too with some modifications.
Thus, traits gui will be clearer and more orderly.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:30:37 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2014, 07:50:31 AM »
I sketched out a preliminary concept for prices. Take a look and let me know what should I add there.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »
I sketched out a preliminary concept for prices. Take a look and let me know what should I add there.

Prices for sex seem too low. Otherwise looks like a decent start.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2014, 02:38:42 AM »
According to Otherworld, when competition is high, even sex prices are low. And since we have another world full of girls and slaves, well...
Besides, those are prices for min possible levels of skill. Like they don't do anything, just take off their clothes and silently lie or something.

Offline MonkeyBoo

« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2014, 07:58:43 PM »
Personally, I would also like to see a bit more complexity, like the ability for a girl to perform more than one sex act per client, with adequate bonuses, for example if she does blow job and normal, she gets the price for the two + a bonus of 1.. blow job and anal a bonus of two gold, etc. Maybe this could be based on one of her stats, like intelligence:

0-10: maximum one sex act per client
11-20: maximum two sex acts per client
21-30: maximum three sex acts per client
31-60: maximum four sex acts per client; minimum two
61-120: maximum five; minimum two; high possibility of at least three
121-240: maximum six; minimum three; high possibility of at least four
241-299: maximum six; minimum four; high possibility of at least five
300: six all the time

made based on the six available from your list, could scale differently, but 300 should be something like the holy grail, or maybe 300 could be max girl skills, then the cap get's raised depending on traits and items, and you can only get all the six sex acts per client if she has max with items and traits included... maybe a 360.. or more idk...

Also another similar game had the possibility to have children with slaves, that would be neat, then you could have them start working for you from 12-16-18-21, maybe cleaning lady from 12-16, stripper 16-18, 18-21 personal daddy training, with a special event at 18 when you get to chose if you auction her virginity, so you get to display her from 16-18 to attract the interested clientele, then auction her virginity or simply her as a slave. And at 21 she can start to work legally for you as a prostitute... with the 18 auction being more of an underground thing.

She could start working sooner, if your morals are comfortable with that  ::)  maybe black market high risk stuff. Btw I am proposing this mecanic with the current slow paced one day per next, I think it would provide some nice end game-ish rewards, maybe you could also set a maximum age to play, unless you father a boy child which would have a 0,01% chance, 1% if you get some high cost items..