devolution

Author Topic: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>  (Read 104669 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:56:21 PM »
I second the notion of having a specific alpha release feedback thread. or third, or...

Done.

(Disclaimer: I'm not sure how much of the GUI is placeholder and how much is "intended", so...)
1. The town icons should be bigger, or somehow POP enough (or have just a square hit detection box). They're a little hard to see as they are now.

This seems to be the most reported issue so far.

2. There should be an alternative to the X at the corner for returning to the previous page. Maybe the escape key? It feels like having to go to the corner to go back a window messes with the flow of the game.

How about a right mouse button? If I can get that to work (there was something that prevented me using that last time, don't really remember what.)

3. The item window resizing with each option is, uh. A little irritating. Doubly so with the mouse-only browsing.
3a. The scroll bar. Good god the scroll bar.

Please be more specific, which item window?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Re: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:59:14 PM »
yet the last weekly income (days 78-84) was >7,000. Is the income calculated actually Year-to-date?

Second bug the community has found!
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »
link

Quick fix for the taxes bug, you will also start all new games with 20000 gold with this file. I'll try to solve other reported issues tomorrow/this weekend. There are two files named like this in the game/library folder with extensions of .rpy, .rpyc. Delete them both to be absolutely safe and place this file into the folder.
Like what we're doing?

Offline bondrus

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 03:51:29 PM »
Not rly a bug, but... how can i train MC? Trying to go in arena fights but it says "go train", and i dont see where i can do it expt witch for not rly small gold. Is there any way in alpha? Bcoz for grilz there is schools but not for mc.

P.S. got some bug to report now... on arena outside did "work" 1 time then quick save, then got a bug - work do on its own (i mean i didnt click at button) shows me gold income and then i got main menu screen. And after i load QS i got this again and again. :'( After reloading game its repeat itself. Got QS attached if it helps.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:24:19 PM by bondrus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »
Not rly a bug, but... how can i train MC? Trying to go in arena fights but it says "go train", and i dont see where i can do it expt witch for not rly small gold. Is there any way in alpha? Bcoz for grilz there is schools but not for mc.

Training for MC is really expensive, Xeona (Arena girl), Abby (The witch) and Aine (Leprechaun girl in the park) will train a number of stats for you but it will cost you. Working in the arena might train battle stats and working in SM might train sex/charisma.

Interactions with girls also have a chance to increase MCs stats. Training with NPCs can be automated but you'll really need to be deep into the game to have enough money for daily auto-training with NPCs and should have the above fix installed at the very least.
Like what we're doing?

Offline bondrus

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
One more bug here - doing work at arena, not clicking at text, goin in MC sceen instead, then trying to close it... and got weried wallpapper on screen unable to do anything.
btw hope u seen another bug i modyfied my last post.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 04:49:46 PM »
One more bug here - doing work at arena, not clicking at text, goin in MC sceen instead, then trying to close it... and got weried wallpapper on screen unable to do anything.

Ah ok, now I understand where some of the bugs come from :) This is useful.

I think both are related, I'll look into it tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »

Ok, I've squashed the two super annoying bugs that killed the game/saves after going to MC screen straight after working and the super high taxes bug. With this patch, starting money is now 20000 and it will not break any saves that were working before.

You need to find the game the folder and delete a library folder inside replacing it with a library folder from this archive: library

Rest of the bugs/issues so far reported are slightly annoying at best so I'll take care of it tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Longherin

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 11:24:27 PM »
"Which Item window"

As far as I can tell, all of them. (The one used for shops, the one used for Hero Equipment, and the one used for Girl Equipment; possibly because they're the same thing)
I'm assuming it's because the left/right arrows are placed some distance from the title text as opposed to a fixed distance in a window. The window itself, especially for the window used in the shops, also re-size itself whenever possible.
Either way it makes scrolling through difficult.
Personally this feels like a placeholder feature than something concrete, so it's probably not a huge deal in the long run.

"How about a right mouse button"
As long as it's not the small X really out of the way it's an improvement.
Not familiar with the engine itself at all, but (way I see it) it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt the code used for the top corner X (which, as far as I can see, is "return to previous scene" in some fashion) and just have a different trigger for it. (Unless there's a strict no-right click policy for the engine in which case bleh)

Also:
Certain windows (such as the slave purchase window) has its own dedicated "close me" button, which disables the Corner X until said window is closed. Might be a good idea to standardize each window having its own close me button, or for the Corner X be the only thing that can kill windows.
Certain other windows (like the purchasing windows) have their own stylized Top Corner X. (Minor issue)

And that's that for now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 04:53:58 AM »
Ah ok, I see what you mean. I can prolly fix that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 05:56:36 AM »
I'm playing too!  :D

- taxes are not paid if you have debt greater then your actual cash, but if you have enough for one payment. i.e. I have 800g, tax is 600g, by debt is 1200g = I keep all my money and my debt increases to 1800g. (property tax)
- advertisement: if you invite celebrity and you don't have 5000g, you get a message in ND that he or she is pissed, but you don't pay anything and you fame+rep skyrocket
- advertisement: you can buy a sign even without 200g
- girls that you talked with stays in one place too long. It's great that they are here longer then other girls, but 50 days on the same place is starting to be weird  :)
- it take too long to go back from beach cafe. Changing the lover button to "go back to city"?
- I forget to add arrow button to park
- arena survival: i think there should be a limit how often you can try to repeat one fight in a time window.
- GM: not fully working GM options are giving too much messages (interest: romance...) you can't be sure if they're working or not.
- GM: graphic animation of changing disposition is behaving strangely some times
- GM: when you push "look for girls" and there are none, it should give some sort message (it's not clear what happened)
- GM: it would help if you can see your money and remaining AP
- GM: increasing disposition on failed job offer - not sure if it's a good idea
- there is no indication if and what happened if you push "place hero" in a brother button
- arena daily repost is too slow to appear
- some icon telling you that hero has a low HP in main screen or in upper bar would be nice
- add portrait image in hero setup screen (I think it can be placed bellow stats)?
- general store vocaloid pics is lovely, but even if I don't really want that, maybe change it to something not so modern? (both I and DarkTl have unused store pics in background folders)
- maybe I should try to add more colors or removing the show mountains from the city pic? Going to bright locations like beach and park from the current dark one is not looking very good
- first slave market event is looks weird when the small npcs are in the front of much bigger slave girs in the bg. It would be better in it's own background.
- transparent slave market screen is confusing with the upper X button that can't be clicked

(now I'm just listing everything on my mind, I'll look what I can do myself on this list later.)

EDIT ==============================
Another bunch!
- leveling that heals you in middle of survival mode is no good
- there's no button to leave survival mode without selecting anything and not losing 3 AP
- GM: no virgin check for sex
- GM: physical interactions should work much less for lesbian girls
- new day screen: girls wages values should be in gold color like upkeep is
- new day screen: jobs are using full names = looks weird. Should use just "name" and "fullname" in only girl overall report
- new day screen: these "I am a Fancy Girl!!!"  may confuse alpha players a bit
- base property tax should be listed in building stats
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 07:11:28 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 06:16:35 AM »
I'm playing too!
WHAT R U CASUL?  :D

- girls that you talked with stays in one place too long. It's great that they are here longer then other girls, but 50 days on the same place is starting to be weird
I agree, we need more seamless system here. Maybe some kind of address book or something.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »
I'm playing too!  :D

- taxes are not paid if you have debt greater then your actual cash, but if you have enough for one payment. i.e. I have 800g, tax is 600g, by debt is 1200g = I keep all my money and my debt increases to 1800g. (property tax)

Just wait till it gets to 50000, you'll have a great ride ahead of you then  :D :D :D

- advertisement: if you invite celebrity and you don't have 5000g, you get a message in ND that he or she is pissed, but you don't pay anything and you fame+rep skyrocket

Bug? There should be a greater penalty than bonus on not paying. I'll take a look.

- advertisement: you can buy a sign even without 200g

Bug

- girls that you talked with stays in one place too long. It's great that they are here longer then other girls, but 50 days on the same place is starting to be weird  :)

It's not that she actually stays there, it that you're keep coming there. I'll see if I can come up with a better solution in the future. There is no code that locks her at that place, it just happens like that due to sorting, will prolly get a while to get this right.

- it take too long to go back from beach cafe. Changing the lover button to "go back to city"?
- I forget to add arrow button to park
- arena survival: i think there should be a limit how often you can try to repeat one fight in a time window.

One of the most requested features on other forum is either a ND button everywhere on 0 AP or at the very least a return to main menu button.

Prolly no point in it right now, let them grind those mobs.

- GM: not fully working GM options are giving too much messages (interest: romance...) you can't be sure if they're working or not.
- GM: graphic animation of changing disposition is behaving strangely some times
- GM: when you push "look for girls" and there are none, it should give some sort message (it's not clear what happened)
- GM: it would help if you can see your money and remaining AP
- GM: increasing disposition on failed job offer - not sure if it's a good idea

Oki, we'll be fixing that with time I suppose.

- arena daily repost is too slow to appear
- some icon telling you that hero has a low HP in main screen or in upper bar would be nice
- add portrait image in hero setup screen (I think it can be placed bellow stats)?

- Noted, Jaeke reported that as well, I forgot.
- Second most requested addition, better reporting all over the place.
- There is a Battle sprite their already, would be annoying?

- general store vocaloid pics is lovely, but even if I don't really want that, maybe change it to something not so modern? (both I and DarkTl have unused store pics in background folders)
- maybe I should try to add more colors or removing the show mountains from the city pic? Going to bright locations like beach and park from the current dark one is not looking very good
- first slave market event is looks weird when the small npcs are in the front of much bigger slave girs in the bg. It would be better in it's own background.
- transparent slave market screen is confusing with the upper X button that can't be clicked

- Maybe. Lets not change any graphics before Alpha has most of it's bugs killed and is playable, easier to update it that way.
- I don't know, prolly a lot of work and who knows if that will make the map loop a lot better...
- Noted (Alpha resources update thing again again)
- Reported, it's not easy to fix under the current layout, I'll take a look just in case.

Another bunch!
- leveling that heals you in middle of survival mode is no good
- there's no button to leave survival mode without selecting anything and not losing 3 AP
- GM: no virgin check for sex
- GM: physical interactions should work much less for lesbian girls
- new day screen: girls wages values should be in gold color like upkeep is

- It's awesome, allows to stategize a little bit!
- Right, I was thinking about that myself
- Weren't you the one who wrote those?
- Yeap, talking to girls should be limited by times per day, not per AP as well, was suggested elsewhere, prolly not going to add it tonight though.
- Reporting should be improved in general, I'll look into it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 07:22:13 AM »
 "Touhou1" girls folder is named incorrectly "Touhou" in alpha and it's causing bugs (all .json and .xml are set to right name "Touhou1")
Same for my originally Naruto_0 girls.

btw. I noticed that you are talking about the game in some other forums too. I never went somewhere else than this one / is there some other place that I should know about? (some other suggestions are there?)

-------------
I usually don't get any in-work report from my service girls. Are they really working? Because dirt is piling up so fast, I suppose they're not.
Just tested it in dev version: Service girls are not doing anything without a bar. I believe they should be allowed to clean without it.
I looked at the code, but I didn't found the cause...they doesn't seems to be forbidden to do cleaning task...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:06:44 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Lacey

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but is there (or are you planning) a way to enslave girls you woo'd?