Author Topic: Question : Does the "Canonical_Daughters" .girlsx XML element work?  (Read 3643 times)

Offline robinHodd

I was looking through the code for reading the .girlsx files (in cGirls.cpp) and noticed a "Canonical_Daughters" element is checked for. I'm assuming we can add something like <Canonical_Daughters Name="Android 18" /> to the .girlsx file and the girl would give birth to the "Canonical Daughter", Android 18 in this case. Looks like a stack is used, so the last daughter listed would be born first, and the first daughter listed would be born last.

Does anyone know if this was fully implemented and working? I'll dig a bit more, but if any just knows, it'd be faster. I'd appreciate it!

Side note : I've implemented a new customer randomization feature. It looks for a new folder, "Johns". Inside the folder are male character folders and their .johnsx files. There's a 5% chance that a "john" (customer) will be selected from this folder. Right now, it is just a new set of images to be used when a particular john is selected, nothing beyond a set of images with a particular male/futa character inside.

Folder structure example :
... > Resources > Johns > Goku   > Bulma > pngs/jpgs/gifs of Goku and Bulma
                                                 > DefaultImages > pngs/jpgs/gifs of Goku and some random whore
                                   > Naruto > Sakura > pngs/jpgs/gifs
                                                 > DefaultImages > pngs/jpgs/gifs
                                   > Goku.johnsx
                                   > Naruto.johnsx

Is anyone else interested in having defined male characters appear as customers?

Offline grishnak

Re: Question : Does the "Canonical_Daughters" .girlsx XML element work?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 05:28:05 AM »
Sounds nice to me.
I am not sure, if it would not be better to simply add special guests as "normal" characters and allow for male chars in general using the existing structure...i think there is even in the girl definition a gender. You would have male/female customers, have no problems handling skills/parentage and could also have a pool of random chars all with a similar format and handling ingame. The reason i write this is the already existing event of throwing non paying customers in the dungeon and (now in case with females only) make them later work for you.

Gamewise, you could have specific characters belonging to enemy factions, the city officials, the slavers, the merchants etc.. They could be linked to specific quests or even some kind of "win" condition and passively influence you reputation every turn in addition to "bribes" and random events. So if you know for example that one of those chars caters a specific fetish, you could actively try to influence him/her by brothel setup.

Offline robinHodd

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 06:38:26 AM »
Good ideas, I'll refactor a bit. What I had in mind with this was something similar to the fetish catering feature you mentioned. Meet more of the customer's preferences and they tip more, with some preferences/stats changing depending on girls' performance. Also to show more appropriate (in my mind) images for events on the weekly summary page : if some regular guy hired Peach, I'd rather not see Bowser or turtle people in the image.

Love the idea of capturing a faction member that screwed up.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 11:03:00 AM »
I was looking through the code for reading the .girlsx files (in cGirls.cpp) and noticed a "Canonical_Daughters" element is checked for. I'm assuming we can add something like <Canonical_Daughters Name="Android 18" /> to the .girlsx file and the girl would give birth to the "Canonical Daughter", Android 18 in this case. Looks like a stack is used, so the last daughter listed would be born first, and the first daughter listed would be born last.
Does anyone know if this was fully implemented and working? I'll dig a bit more, but if any just knows, it'd be faster. I'd appreciate it!
It should work but it has not been tested thoroughly so it could have some bugs.

Side note : I've implemented a new customer randomization feature. It looks for a new folder, "Johns". Inside the folder are male character folders and their .johnsx files. There's a 5% chance that a "john" (customer) will be selected from this folder. Right now, it is just a new set of images to be used when a particular john is selected, nothing beyond a set of images with a particular male/futa character inside.

Folder structure example :
... > Resources > Johns > Goku   > Bulma > pngs/jpgs/gifs of Goku and Bulma
                                                 > DefaultImages > pngs/jpgs/gifs of Goku and some random whore
                                   > Naruto > Sakura > pngs/jpgs/gifs
                                                 > DefaultImages > pngs/jpgs/gifs
                                   > Goku.johnsx
                                   > Naruto.johnsx

Is anyone else interested in having defined male characters appear as customers?
Looks nice, post it and I will get it in.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug