Author Topic: The Source Code has moved  (Read 4926 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
The Source Code has moved
« on: April 08, 2015, 01:44:52 PM »
If you do have a question about GitHub or the source code,
ask here and we will try to help with the conversion.

Google has decided to close down Google Code - (http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html)

The source code for the game has been transferred to https://github.com/crazywm/crazys-wm-mod
The way GitHub works is a little different than how Google Code worked but most should not have a problem switching over.

Because github does not use an incremental number for commits, the changelog-j.txt file will no longer have the number of the commit in it when I push it.
I will try to remember to add the commit hash but I will probably forget often so you will have to go by the date of the commit.
I will also try to push to the source more often because github seems to like that and it actually tracks that kind of thing.
If the game compiles before I go to bed, I will try to push it.

Thankfully browsing files on the gethub repository is soooooooooooooo much easier than google code ever was.
I love the "Blame" and "History" buttons on the individual files, you can see every change and when it was made.
All of the changes made in each version can be viewed on the same page so checking changes is much easier.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:42:25 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline aevojoey

Re: The Source Code has moved
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:45:14 PM »
Reserved

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »
Reserved

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 10:15:20 AM »
A word of warning. We used git in the past as well, and it was really terrible with big files, I mean stuff like "unexpected end of file" errors all the time during pulling. So we switched to Mercurial.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 12:15:47 PM »
A word of warning. We used git in the past as well, and it was really terrible with big files, I mean stuff like "unexpected end of file" errors all the time during pulling. So we switched to Mercurial.
Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye out for that.
The only large files on there are the .sdf files which are not needed on there and some of the images which should probably be removed anyway.

Offline hentai_geek

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 11:50:43 AM »
After going through your SVN site, I see that you guys have an official thread for the newest releases.  In the past, the newest version that I could find was wm_1.30.4_beta_r593, because the corresponding thread was the only one that I could find in the Google Search results.  It's nice to know that you guys have been updating the game within the past decade. 

I think that you guys should try to establish an official website where you can neatly show all of the necessary downloads for the releases as well as any girl packs that come from the main development team themselves.  It's kind of difficult finding everything through forum threads.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 10:14:32 PM »
After going through your SVN site, I see that you guys have an official thread for the newest releases.  In the past, the newest version that I could find was wm_1.30.4_beta_r593, because the corresponding thread was the only one that I could find in the Google Search results.  It's nice to know that you guys have been updating the game within the past decade. 

I think that you guys should try to establish an official website where you can neatly show all of the necessary downloads for the releases as well as any girl packs that come from the main development team themselves.  It's kind of difficult finding everything through forum threads.
The problem is that it costs money to maintain a website and most of us are doing it as a hobby.
There is no "main development team" anymore, the original devs have moved on to bigger and better things.
I have been adding the threads of the pack makers just below the main download link on the main thread

I personally would not want to do this as a paid job because then it would be no fun.