Game Editing And Additions > User Mods

Random Girl Name Slurry Pack

(1/2) > >>

Dagoth:
I figured it would be nice to have a really huge number of available random girl names, so I hunted around a bit through Google to look for some. I found a website with a huge number of girl names available which I created this list from.

There are 5188 names here, some of them admittedly rather odd (they seem to be taken from most currently spoken languages in the world), and some of them variations of the same name. Still, variety is the spice of life, eh?

sgb:
Speaking of 5188, the first name in the list is 5188.  Sucks to be that girl  :D .

Dagoth:

--- Quote from: sgb on May 30, 2010, 07:03:57 PM ---Speaking of 5188, the first name in the list is 5188.  Sucks to be that girl  :D .

--- End quote ---

That's the name count for the file, used by the game to know how many lines to read. ;)

sgb:
Eh?  The list Lordshame and I used in the thread below didn't have this, and they seem to work fine.  Are you sure it's actually required with the 1.30 engine?

Dagoth:
I've checked in the code and you're halfway right. The count is no longer actually needed (though it exists in the default name pack), but it does skip over the first line of the file when reading it. So if the first line of your RandomGirlNames.txt is actually a name, that name will never show up in the game. My file above on the other hand should work exactly as intended.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version