devolution

Author Topic: Arena Concept  (Read 46574 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Arena Concept
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 02:09:17 PM »
Thanks for the complements guys.

I set it up in Poser then used the Octane (GPU rendering) to render it.
The texture in it self isn't moving so i can probably render it from two positions... but dunno how it looks.

The battle engine is written in renpy & pyhton right? It shouldn't be to hard to add it. Just a few lines.

Draw where you need the cages on one of the pics and upload/sent it this way. I'll try to do it tonight.
Playing around with creating a monster now. Dogs i have, should you want them...

Any idea what kind of monsters? Bipedal or bigger?

BE's code is confusing, I haven't gotten around to figuring it out in detail yet. Animations work as backgrounds, I've checked. No idea on kinds of monsters, whatever is easier, even some scary dogs will do.

I am going to try and load your bgs into dogfights.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »
I can make the cages lose. That way you can place characters in the cages... (maybe the ones next to fight).

At the moment i'm making a male goblin... will add a big dog or something in the other.
Btw do you want the goblin dressed or naked? Genetilia or not?

Let me know if you want the cages in a lose render (renpy handles tranperency really well).

If you want the png in better quality or higher res give me a shout.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:38:52 PM by Xipomus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 02:38:33 PM »
I can make the cages lose. That way you can place characters in the cages... (maybe the ones next to fight).

At the moment i'm making a male goblin... will add a big dog or something in the other.

Let me know if you want the cages in a lose render (renpy handles tranperency really well).

If you want the png in better quality or higher res give me a shout.

Looks great, cages don't really get in the way either! If it's not to much trouble, rendering lose cages would not hurt, however, we'll not likely to use it soon in BE, unless clumsily on a zorder 2 screen... not until I code us a battleengine anyway.

Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2013, 02:43:47 PM »
K i'll add the goblin to the left cage... and render out some empty cages. (those will have to be png)

i'll add a dog or something morphed to the right cage.

Let me know if you need more background... interiours are a bitch to render, but outside i can do quickly

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »
K i'll add the goblin to the left cage... and render out some empty cages. (those will have to be png)

i'll add a dog or something morphed to the right cage.

Let me know if you need more background... interiours are a bitch to render, but outside i can do quickly

This has already solved a huge problem (since I want Arena to be more or less complete for the Alpha release). We can use any amount of backgrounds for BE but I can't really tell what the requirement are at this moment, we've decided to keep exploration engine to a minimum for Alpha release.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »
We do have a forest though. I was able to find a couple of backgrounds for forest battles, but I think you can make much better ones.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
Clearing in a forest (a bit like the arena)

Forest in the background and a clearing in front?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »
The empty cages a bit more focused.. they have transparent backgrounds.

Should you want them bigger (For instance to put girls in) let me know, i'll render it on a close up with higher res.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2013, 03:23:36 PM »
Yeah. Something like this (too low res) picture, for example.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2013, 03:32:22 PM »
Clearing in a forest (a bit like the arena)

Forest in the background and a clearing in front?

Yeah, but it's not a priority... Dark's bgs are also excellent.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
Well here's a first render with an ogre (goblin was to small... so i put shrek in there :D... jk) and a dog in the right.

Only issue is that the right cage is to far from the sun... so he almost isn't visible...

I don't think it really matters for the background.. unless you want to lose the cage and put the dog on a chain or something.

This is still in the early fase of rendering.. just to give you an idea.. when it reaching 4000px most noise should be cleaned up and i'll post that as a final.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 04:17:02 PM »
Well here's a first render with an ogre (goblin was to small... so i put shrek in there :D... jk) and a dog in the right.

Only issue is that the right cage is to far from the sun... so he almost isn't visible...

I don't think it really matters for the background.. unless you want to lose the cage and put the dog on a chain or something.

This is still in the early fase of rendering.. just to give you an idea.. when it reaching 4000px most noise should be cleaned up and i'll post that as a final.

Awesome... this is already looking really good. Did you look into 3 - 5 frames of animation?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »
Just the crowd or the caged animals/monsters too?

Monsters are figures... so easily animated... the crowd is a picture... unfortunately not easily animated.
I could make "new" crowd (a few figures) and render those in different poses... like cheering and such.

Will take some time though. Have to setup the crowd on the bank create each figure individualy, so let me know if you want this.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:28:13 PM by Xipomus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »
Just the crowd or the caged animals/monsters too?

Monsters are figures... so easily animated... the crowd is a picture... so have to look at the texture.

Either would do, both if possible. btw: I assume that character images are to be placed behind the cages, but than they would look like they are actually standing behind them? Is it possible to render only the front of a cage or maybe front/back separately?

I think the second cage would pass ok, but for the first one, it'll prolly be very clear that the girl is standing behind it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »
Well like I edited about... the figures in the cages are easy.
Which cage is an issue? left or right from our view?

I resized the right cage... i was planning a bigger animal.. but the dog doens't need the depth.

Included a early render of the resize