Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3819125 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9195 on: December 21, 2016, 12:24:37 PM »
Ohh while browsing on brothel game to find clothing idea and BGs i foud this..

http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ176115

and its a simple but rather well made monster girl brothel :D

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9196 on: December 21, 2016, 07:56:04 PM »
improved auto_equip is added to master branch. Also added some specializations for equipment:

Code: [Select]
            if purpose == "Battle Mage":
                returns.extend(self.auto_equip(['health', 'mp', 'attack', 'magic'], exclude_on_stats=["agility", "luck", 'defence', 'intelligence'], slots=slots, real_weapons=True))

elif purpose == "Barbarian":
                returns.extend(self.auto_equip(['health', 'attack', 'defence', 'constitution'], exclude_on_stats=["luck", 'agility'], slots=slots, real_weapons=True))

elif purpose == "Wizard":
                returns.extend(self.auto_equip(['mp', 'magic', "luck", 'intelligence'], exclude_on_stats=["health", 'defence'], slots=slots, real_weapons=True))

(in favor of combat) Also to show that it makes the distinction.

Edit: also added was a left/right char button in equipment

BTW, what was the intention of the girls list, is it broken?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:13:07 PM by picobyte »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9197 on: December 21, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »
The girls list? If you mean cemetery, it will show dead characters - ie those with "After Life" location. There are many ways to make them useful, with and without resurrection.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:16:38 AM by DarkTl »

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9198 on: December 22, 2016, 04:47:45 AM »
The girls list? If you mean cemetery, it will show dead characters - ie those with "After Life" location. There are many ways to make them useful, with and without resurrection.

No I was referring to in equipment screen of character. how do I get to the cemetary? I see a graveyard, but it only has a meet girls button. btw pushed fix for hero equipment.
It seems there is still a lot of hidden content, do I need to add something to my testing.rpy?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:35:37 AM by picobyte »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9199 on: December 22, 2016, 06:21:57 AM »
Ah, I see. It looks like Xela's (?) attempt to implement equipment setups based on character occupation using "equip_for" function - which is too outdated to work properly anyway.
And the whole thing probably should be deleted, because characters already have autoequipment system.

I'll finish and push cemetery today, but it won't work without dead characters. In theory they should die at Arena and inside Exploration module, but meanwhile dead ones can be added via kill_char function.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9200 on: December 22, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »
Alright, cemetery screen is ready - as a button at the graveyard screen. As long as you have in testing file something like
Code: [Select]
        for i in xrange(10):
            new_random_girl = build_rc(pattern="Warrior")
            hero.add_char(new_random_girl)
            new_random_girl.status = "free"
            kill_char(new_random_girl)
it will have chars to show.

Now I wonder what to do with the characters there. We decided to not have true resurrection because death should be a meaningful event, a serious punishment for miscalculations. But maybe something else could be done with them. Like resurrecting with lvl 1 and all stats at 5, or stealing their exp...

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9201 on: December 23, 2016, 02:03:48 PM »
yes that works, I guess I miss these things since I do not play the game long enough to notice. I'd like to reimplement some of the wage calculations, a lot can be ported, but were there plans for changes in this already?
I was also thinking about setting the location/job for selected persons (in girl control), because that is tedious to do if you have many chars. The location is a bit odd, though.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9202 on: December 23, 2016, 04:10:18 PM »
Wages were mostly disabled at some point during code rewriting after alpha. In case of core classes - such as prostitute - wages should be a part of tiers system to help balancing them. It's something that Xela wants to implement once he's done with Babe Runner demo.
However, simple occupations without direct income (like cleaner) do not require tiers and can use simpler logic.

Location is a very wide concept, it's not limited to player buildings. I'd say it's not safe to mess with it too much.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9203 on: December 25, 2016, 11:10:15 AM »
Xela, are you still in the project, considering your absence from the forum? Because if yes, then I have a few questions about DefenceBuffSpell, and if no, then Eliont and Old Huntsman are still active with their games.

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9204 on: December 25, 2016, 06:19:44 PM »
I have in my branch a set location and/or action for multiple selected chars via `girl control'. I think this should be desireable for micromanagement, too.
(@DarkTi: could be there are social obligations at times like this)

One thing I was wondering before: a free char does not generally allow access to its equipment, but is it then still allowed to auto equip?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:33:17 PM by picobyte »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9205 on: December 26, 2016, 12:10:26 AM »
I used to work as a delphi coder, so all my knowledge about python is based on pytfall development, where I never was the main coder.
Even though I know a thing or two about python and renpy now, it's not nearly enough to understand complex systems like sympy or battle engine.

A free character (without lover status) always has auto equipment enabled, and decides by herself which items to use/equip. You can give her items, but she may or may not take them, and may or may not equip/use them.
If you mean the three equipment sets you added recently, then yes, they are useless for free characters too.

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9206 on: December 26, 2016, 07:38:34 PM »
I used to work as a delphi coder, so all my knowledge about python is based on pytfall development, where I never was the main coder.
Even though I know a thing or two about python and renpy now, it's not nearly enough to understand complex systems like sympy or battle engine.
Well you do a little every day, work on something and after a while, during the process you create something, also you learn during the time. Rome was not built in a day. Some things can be difficult, but usually you can find somewhere how things can be done. Personally I am not too afraid of doing some calculations. Where is sympy in use then?

A free character (without lover status) always has auto equipment enabled, and decides by herself which items to use/equip. You can give her items, but she may or may not take them, and may or may not equip/use them.
If you mean the three equipment sets you added recently, then yes, they are useless for free characters too.
You mean that auto equip should not be available for free characters, right?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:42:19 PM by picobyte »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9207 on: December 26, 2016, 09:18:15 PM »
I am still around, gonna get heavy coding again early next year. I'll read through missed posts tomorrow or the day after.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9208 on: December 27, 2016, 03:46:02 AM »
Well you do a little every day, work on something and after a while, during the process you create something, also you learn during the time.
When you do something by yourself, yeah.
But when I look at Xela's most advanced code, I feel like I try to read Japanese text -_-

If I'll have to choose between maintaining his BE on my own and writing a simpler one (like that one in Old Huntsman's games), it will be the second option.

Where is sympy in use then?
It's used to simulate jobs workflow at very least, and possibly for exploration module too - since it's not ready yet, I cannot tell for sure.

You mean that auto equip should not be available for free characters, right?
Ohhkey, define auto equip then  :D

Because we usually mean auto equipment algorithm.
 Free characters decide on their own what to equip, and player cannot tell them what to equip. In order to do so they have to use autoequip algorithm of some kind, there is no way around  :)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:02:00 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9209 on: December 27, 2016, 04:07:37 AM »
I took a look at so called engines made for renpy by third party devs.

I kinda expected the old tiles engine to not work, but even Jake's battle engines don't work anymore in the modern renpy due to major changes in screens system.