devolution

Author Topic: Girl Packs for Akia's mod and How to Balance Them  (Read 16194 times)

Offline b00marrows

Re: Girl Packs for Akia's mod and How to Balance Them
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »
Ok, i get where your coming from. the only reason i haven't is the renaming process is annoying, i wish there was a program with different boxes, with different names that you drag the images into than save to rename them...

i just hope aika hasn't forgotten about them... i tried my best picking the images, what do you think? are they ok?

the file structure is annoying to me... all images in the same folder can confuse things, i wish inside the girls folder was a folder for each image type...

EDIT: oh and about the slime girls being "tough". i like it it seems somewhat "realistic" to me, its hard to hurt a blob and rolling across the floor really doesn't use much energy ha ha!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:51:03 AM by b00marrows »

Offline Number76

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »
i just hope aika hasn't forgotten about them... i tried my best picking the images, what do you think? are they ok?

On the images:

Yes images:

Profile1 - Good image, but too loli for my tastes.
Profile2 - Good image, suitable for either profile or ecchi.
Oral1 and 2 - I'd use both images, good quality.
BDSM1 - Again good image.
BDSM2 - This is an image of Holo from Spice and Wolf. So I'd pass on using it for the Kitsune Miko. For a Holo pack, due the black arms on the lower part of the image I'd try to find other BDSM pics. If BDSM pics were scarce/low quality I'd probably just crop the arms out.
Lesbian 1: Looks like another Holo image to me. Very useable though.
Lesbian 2: Needs the border on the bottom and right side cropped off. Overall the image is useable, but I if I had a several lesbian pics already I'd likely pass on it.
Lesbian 3: Good image.
Pregnant: It's an acceptable image, but the red border along the top ruins it. I'd only use if it was the only pregnant image I found.

Maybe images:

Group/Anal: Useable quality, but the girl's partners don't appear human. I'd pass on this image.
Oral 1: The image is fine but this girl is not the kitsune miko no matter how I look at it. I would pass.
Oral 2: This is Holo again. Perfect image for her though.
Combat: Kitsune miko is blonde, and a miko. This girl is not does not appear to be either. Good image, but not for kitsune miko.
Lesbian: This one is good. It'd be out if had I enough more explicit lesbian pics though.
Group/Lesbian: No, too much text and a distracting inside view in the corner. Even if this was my only image I'd pass.
Lesbian or BDSM: Good image, but too much loli.

EDIT: oh and about the slime girls being "tough". i like it it seems somewhat "realistic" to me, its hard to hurt a blob and rolling across the floor really doesn't use much energy ha ha!

Yes, slime girls are intended to be tougher than most other girls, for the reasons you stated. Perhaps I'm just noticing that toughness more since I have to few random girls types available from the catacombs right now. I'll see if I still feel like slime girls are too after I've got more girl types in the catacombs and played more. Thanks for your input!

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 05:49:40 AM »
thank you too! great input!

i do LOVE the slimegirl. she never seemed "over powered" her stats are normally fairly low except for toughness. personally i woulden't expect a monster girl to be good at many things except combat, and her images are good too  ;) .

after taking in what you said i started working on a pack for a monster girl named "moonlight Flower" she is from a game called Ragnarok. tho she IS normaly viewed as a loli, is loli hated here or something? anyway, if i can upload it somewhere can you take a another look for me? if love some more input

Offline Number76

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 03:21:45 AM »
after taking in what you said i started working on a pack for a monster girl named "moonlight Flower" she is from a game called Ragnarok. tho she IS normaly viewed as a loli, is loli hated here or something? anyway, if i can upload it somewhere can you take a another look for me? if love some more input

It's best to leave out loli images. The girls in WM have a minimum age for a good reason. As a general rule, if you need to ask yourself "Is this image loli?" the answer is always yes.
If you put together a complete girl pack I'll give you a little feedback on it. After all, you given me some feedback so its only fair.  :)

I've put together 3 additional random girls based on images from Dragon Quest III. The first post has been updated with the appropriate links and information.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 03:37:58 AM by Number76 »

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
oh ok, i will never make more than 2-3 girls so ill drop it. 1 thing i might sugest is "more uniques / less randoms" altho a healthy number of randoms is nice its getting a litte overcrowded with slimegirls and catgirls in my borthel  :D nothing elce to choose from  :(

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
Hi, great work, only Akiha profile4 picture is too big in some screens (probably because its square).

and I will surely try to follow these balance suggestions in the girl pack I'm working on, thanks!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:03:22 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Number76

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 12:47:35 AM »
@ b00marrows

I agree that more girls are better, and I've got a laundry list of unique girls I'd like to create packs for. However, for now I'm going to remain focused on putting together random girls. While I do find random girls are harder and more time consuming to create, they are recycled a lot. So when there aren't very many of them it feels like Crossgate only has 3-4 girls that are all clones of each other. Although, I suppose that's true on some level.  :D

@CheeryWood

You're quite right about Akiha's profile pic. I scaled the image down to 200x200 pixels and WM was still cutting off a noticeable amount of the image on the turn summary report. I then returned to the original image and chopped off 200 (800x1000) pixels from the left side and WM still cut some out, although the image as a whole was displayed much better. After that I chopped off 500 pixels (1000x500) from the bottom and WM correctly displayed the image.

The moral of the story appears to be, as you said, to avoid square images. I'll do a review in near future and make any square girls I find more rectangular. Thanks much for this!

Also, while I may have been somewhat quiet over the past few days I'm not done mulling over balancing. I'm trying to understand which stats are are more valuable (influences more jobs) than others and come up with some way to weight them. I'm also somewhat annoyed by the frequency that I'm seeing my random girls with less than three traits. I'll need to do some probability math soon so I can know the average number of traits I can expect a girl to get given x number of traits at y probability.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 02:30:37 AM »
I'll do a review in near future and make any square girls I find more rectangular.

Now that's craftsmanship  :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Number76

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 04:39:15 AM »
I've completed a review of all my girls and I resized a total of 30 images. I did leave a few square images alone for two reasons:

- When WM has trouble it cuts off the right side of an image, and the images I left out shouldn't have anything too important located on that side.
- Not all screens have trouble displaying square images.

If any pics still look horribad (especially on the turn summary report) please let me know and I'll address them.

While I was editing images I also improved Illyasviel's oral2 pic.

I've updated the first post with the appropriate links and information.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:42:08 AM by Number76 »

Offline Number76

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »
I've completed the following 5 random girls:

Bunny Girl
China Dress
Dark Elf
Kitsune
Kunoichi

The first post has been updated with the appropriate links and information.

Offline Number76

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 04:40:33 AM »
Most of my WM time this week was devoted to reading code and better understanding the mechanics of WM, so no new girls at this time.

I did however crop a few images belonging to Cat Girl, DQ3 Sage, and Kunoichi. I also added and replaced a few images belonging to Akiha Tohno.

The first post has been updated with the appropriate links and information.