devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1034903 times)

Offline Baal

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1545 on: August 17, 2016, 05:10:02 PM »
Works ty

Nice, I was worried, can't wait for the next version.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1546 on: August 18, 2016, 12:22:56 AM »
Getting ahead of myself but bored at work so going over what I hope to be this weekends patch.

Will be a duel release patch
1- stable version with bsins new text which is a lot and a few new film jobs
2- a version with all of bsins changes like sanity stat. This version may be very buggy is why I plan to do 2 versions.

From there I will get feedback on the sanity stat make sure it doesn't break the game and go from there. If it works well keep coding on that version if it breaks the game and I can't fix it might have to leave it out until it can be fixed.

Now I'm for sure getting ahead of myself but boredom can do that but future plans are to follow

1- add a loailty  stat to gangs. Have to keep th happy or they might turn on u or just refuse to work.
-ways to keep them happy new job send girl to entertain gangs
-new gang jobs that will help with that

2- drug lab for clinic where u can make and sell drugs
- positve would be good money and chance to get new girls
- bad would be high suspicion and very dangerous chance for girl to end up in jail
Now two ways I can so this job
1- easy way would be make 2 jobs drug maker and drug seller. Maker makes drugs seller sells them simple.
2- a much harder but overall more interesting way would be to go with the 3 drug types already in game and make them. Have a job to go catch fairys at the arena have a job to grow shroud at the farm and such. Would make the buildings have more interacting and overall I think would be cooler. But may be over complicated idk.   

New house job.  Entertain goverment official
- helps keep suspicion down
- if girl messes up they will get mad and suspicion will rise
- useful for offsetting drug dealer suspicion raise just make sure u pick right girl

Like to add a few events
- girl is in love with u and a virgin she may come to u ask u to be her 1st. Could have different what u say and if ur good or evil
- girl in love with could come to u and ask u to marry her
- free girl who hates u may come and say she is leaving ur employment

Adventures hall on arena
- girls could take quests that would vary for how long they are gone with various outcomes from week to week.

Back to work will edit this with more info on next break
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:23:25 AM by crazy »

Offline Baal

« Reply #1547 on: August 18, 2016, 12:35:33 AM »
Getting ahead of myself but bored at work so going over what I hope to be this weekends patch.

Will be a duel release patch
1- stable version with bsins new text which is a lot and a few new film jobs
2- a version with all of bsins changes like sanity stat. This version may be very buggy is why I plan to do 2 versions.

From there I will get feedback on the sanity stat make sure it doesn't break the game and go from there. If it works well keep coding on that version if it breaks the game and I can't fix it might have to leave it out until it can be fixed.

Now I'm for sure getting ahead of myself but boredom can do that but future plans are to follow

1- add a loailty  stat to gangs. Have to keep th happy or they might turn on u or just refuse to work.
-ways to keep them happy new job send girl to entertain gangs
-new gang jobs that will help with that

2- drug lab for clinic where u can make and sell drugs

Back to work will edit this with more info on next break

Nice,  thanks for this, also, could I use the community version of visual studio 2015 to compile the game?

I don't want to give too many suggestion since we don't want to add too much until the sanity stat is tested more.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:41:27 AM by Baal »

Offline crazy

« Reply #1548 on: August 18, 2016, 03:27:53 AM »
Nice,  thanks for this, also, could I use the community version of visual studio 2015 to compile the game?

I don't want to give too many suggestion since we don't want to add too much until the sanity stat is tested more.
It should unless there is a bug stopping it which I won't know until this weaken or not

And suggest away unless it involves sanity then yea may want to wait

But want to ask everyone a questions. What ur favorite building?  Least favorite?  Beside the brothel and why?  I want to try and know what people are enjoying and what could use work

And more added to last post about future plans
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:29:46 AM by crazy »

Offline Dabanisher

« Reply #1549 on: August 18, 2016, 08:16:01 PM »
most fav... hmmm the farm because of the human milking i guess kinda got fetish for dat. least.... i guess the arena never really used it for much at all

Offline Baal

« Reply #1550 on: August 18, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »
It should unless there is a bug stopping it which I won't know until this weaken or not

And suggest away unless it involves sanity then yea may want to wait

But want to ask everyone a questions. What ur favorite building?  Least favorite?  Beside the brothel and why?  I want to try and know what people are enjoying and what could use work

And more added to last post about future plans

I actually like the farm and I wish you could automate pregnancy to keep a high milk flow or use beast but I don't believe beast make a girl lactate. I also like the movie studios I hope the movie release list gets fixed as several girl's names overlap with the details so it's hard to tell the quality for some girls. I don't really dislike any of them, but I use the arena and centre the least as I like a girls quarks and don't get a lot of addicted girls and can usually manage how I look to the city. The arena just doesn't give good enough job results to invest a girl into.

Like below I also enjoy the home and forgot that was a thing for some reason. One thing I suggest changing is that arena girls should be gained through battle, I would prefer that over the current way it's done. Have them either gained as trophies or a bet.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:26:52 PM by Baal »

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1551 on: August 18, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »
Hmm ... oh, right.  First, one of the comments for the "XXX Entertainer" (or "Brothel Stripper," but I think it's the former) has a somewhat annoying trigger.  Occasionally, presumably based on age, I'll get a customer heckling the performer (something like "Grandma, is that you?  Gross!"), which is fine ... it's just odd and off-putting when it's being done to a 100 Beauty, 100 Charisma, Lolita character.  I'm not sure how much more difficult it would be to implement an "If X -> Then 2 -> Unless Y" sequence, though, so I can live with the occasional odd remark if you can't get it to work or have more important things to work on.  Not a biggie.

Favorite Building?  Probably Home :D  Get to keep my snugglies all to myself.  Least would be ... :shrug:  I'm not sure, probably either the Hospital or the Centre, just because there's not much to do with them yet.  Well, probably the Centre - the Hospital is a Recruitment location and Doctors apparently make buckets of cash (although I'm not sure whether that goes to me or the girl, but eh), so probably the Centre.

Anyway, thought of some flavor text that might or might not be worth using :shrug:

Code: (Arena) [Select]
Exhibitionist Victorious
As she enjoys showing off her body, [Girl Name] lets her opponent cut away her already-skimpy clothing, ending her match all but naked - but victorious.  Many of the patrons seem to enjoy the show.

Exhibitionist Defeated
As she enjoys showing off her body, [Girl Name] lets her opponent cut away her already-skimpy clothing, but either because of her lack of skill or just bad luck, she takes a real hit and is defeated.

Exhibitionist
A flamboyant fighter, [Girl Name] fights with as little armor and clothing as possible, and sometimes takes something off in the middle of a match, to the enjoyment of many fans.

Sadist Victorious
As the match draws to a close, [Girl Name] stops trying to win and simply toys with her opponent, practically torturing her in front of the audience.  Many patrons disapprove, although a few respond favorably.

Sadist Defeated
[Girl Name] tries to torment her opponent, but her overconfidence leads to a stunning defeat when the other fighter feigns injury.

Dominatrix Victorious
[Girl Name]'s verbal abuse, along with her combat prowess, lead to a dramatic defeat of her opponent, although her behavior towards the loser disappoints many patrons.

Brawler Victorious
[Girl Name]'s preference for grappling and clinch-fighting throws her opponent off-balance and gives her an easy, if somewhat boring, victory.

Flight Victorious
Being able to fly is an almost-unfair advantage that most opponents can't counter.  Thanks to that, [Girl Name] wins handily.

Flight Defeated
[Girl Name] was unable to leverage her greater maneuverability and yielded the match after being forced to the ground.

Assassin Victorious
Utilizing a no-rules, victory-at-any-cost combat style, [Girl Name] won a decisive victory over her orthodox opponent.  This was not unnoticed by some people in the audience.

Masochist Victorious
[Girl Name]'s cries of joy and outright pleasure upon being injured distract her opponent, and the pain-loving girl comes back from apparent defeat to achieve a dramatic victory.  Despite her many injuries, she smiles happily as she thanks her opponent for the match.

Masochist Defeated
Overwhelmed by pleasure, [Girl Name] is unable to defend herself from her opponent and is easily defeated.  After the match ends, she begs the other fighter for another match - "just like this one."

Idol
[Girl Name] has quite the following, and the Arena is almost always packed when she fights.  People just love to watch her in action.

Magic > 50, Combat < 50 and Victorious
[Girl Name]'s powerful magic demonstrates precisely why mages are feared by many.  She even manages to look good while doing it!

Magic > 50, Combat < 50 and Defeated
Lacking the physical prowess to hold her opponent off while she readies her spells, [Girl Name] is quickly defeated by her opponent.

Magic and Combat > 75 and Victorious
Having mastered both weapons and sorcery, [Girl Name] is a nearly unstoppable force of nature in the Arena, easily dispatching opponents who focus on one branch of combat over the other.

Quote from: crazy
New house job.
One thing I've been thinking for a while is whether the House should have a Nurse or Masseuse job.  It's something that seems like it'd be done (there's already a Maid and a Chef, after all), but it's also kind of a secondary position, mainly there for convenience or just to show off.

Adventures hall on arena
- girls could take quests that would vary for how long they are gone with various outcomes from week to week.
I know there's the 'Go on Adventure' thing you can do in the dialogue (although I *think* it's broken?), so maybe this could replace that?

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #1552 on: August 19, 2016, 02:23:17 AM »
I'd just like to say that even though I wasn't active on these forums for a while now doesn't mean I haven't been following the development of this game. It's certainly a delight to see that development and interest is still ongoing. You guys are all doing such a wonderful job and if it's the least I can do is encourage you to keep going on what might be the best community made game of this sort.

There are a number of reasons why I think WM is so promising, but the chief of these is how easy and simple it is to add girls into the game. Even if you don't have all the picture categories, the game still substitutes one from a pool of existing images in the pack. This is something that I really appreciate and wish for it to continue being the case in the game. Like I said there are many different ways in which people can play this game, and being able to pick and choose a theme for your brothel is a great plus.

One addition to the game I would like to recommend down the road is a "prestigious slave auctioning system". This is where rare high skill/beauty/virgin slaves are sold for a much higher cost than at a public slave market. The auction is an elite building that costs a large amount of money and land to purchase, but you can sell your trained and maxed slaves in it for a much higher price as well. In general, unique slaves with high stats should be worth much more than random slaves. Maybe there could even be a different colored tiered system to rank slaves in terms of quality like in Diablo II :P

Anyway, at this time, we might be few in number, but great things arise from humble beginnings, so keep on rollin'!

Offline zafer

« Reply #1553 on: August 19, 2016, 02:37:42 AM »
2- a much harder but overall more interesting way would be to go with the 3 drug types already in game and make them. Have a job to go catch fairys at the arena have a job to grow shroud at the farm and such. Would make the buildings have more interacting and overall I think would be cooler. But may be over complicated idk.   
To make that even more complicated.
I suggested once adding a Fairy trait for girls (Tinkerbell and such) and having fairy dust "harvested" from them at the farm.

What ur favorite building?
Arena. Caligula all the way. Chariot races would be cool too.

Least favorite?
The house but only because i never really use it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:42:59 AM by zafer »

Offline crazy

« Reply #1554 on: August 19, 2016, 03:24:00 AM »
Nice liking feedback so far. This wil help me focus on what the strong points of buildings are and the wake points. And hopefully I can improve both and make it all better.  I'll replay better when I'm home trying to do quotes on a phone is a pain but very interesting to see people's thoughts so far.

What I will say is automatic breeding for the milk job can probably be done.
That xxx line about old is something I'll fix.  Thought I did awhile back.
And chariot racing has been a planned job for awhile now I even started it but couldn't get it to the way I wanted it so put it on hold. But new thoughts on it will be looking at it again soon. Jousting is also planned along with them using pony girls as there mounts.

Offline 790 Series Lusticon Operations Unit

• I worship His Shadow.
« Reply #1555 on: August 19, 2016, 04:12:09 AM »
My favorite building is the house, as I can keep all mai waifus nice and safe there without needing to waste space on security.

Least favorite? Likely the studio, because no matter what I do I never actually make any profit out of it. I can have it fully staffed by folk with the best ratings in any given job and still turn 0 profit from any film made by it. So at this point I don't even bother with it.
May His merciful Shadow fall upon you.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1556 on: August 19, 2016, 05:19:37 AM »
As I got time on my hands and have been thinking about it here's how I think auto breeding could work.

1- have a farm manger active
2- have the girl set to be milked not be in anti pregnant pills
3- not be pregnant of coarse and not be on cool down

If all 3 if those are meet the farm manger will take it upon herself to make sure the girl gets preg. By beast (if allowed and u have one) or human 50% chance for either one.  Don't think that would be hard to code and think that can make everyone happy cause if u don't want auto breeding just put them on anti preg pills

Offline Baal

« Reply #1557 on: August 19, 2016, 05:36:29 AM »
As I got time on my hands and have been thinking about it here's how I think auto breeding could work.

If all 3 if those are meet the farm manger will take it upon herself to make sure the girl gets preg. By beast (if allowed and u have one) or human 50% chance for either one.  Don't think that would be hard to code and think that can make everyone happy cause if u don't want auto breeding just put them on anti preg pills

Yeah sounds good, I would make beast have a 75% chance though or make it a choice on the percent since those are more easy to get and you get a ton of animals. Personally depending on how her accommodations she could get a chance for mind fucked if she is literally being treated like animal. I'll think of some more ideals if you like these. Another ideal is you could use a milker or farm hand as well if you don't have a manager. Either way, sounds awesome.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:40:34 AM by Baal »

Offline crazy

« Reply #1558 on: August 19, 2016, 09:52:03 AM »
I also like the movie studios I hope the movie release list gets fixed as several girl's names overlap with the details so it's hard to tell the quality for some girls.
Will fix
One thing I suggest changing is that arena girls should be gained through battle, I would prefer that over the current way it's done. Have them either gained as trophies or a bet.
Use to be this way... Someone complained about it so it was changed to u could get them from arena tryouts think i might change it back.  Never liked this change feels more rewarding to have to win them
most fav... hmmm the farm because of the human milking i guess kinda got fetish for dat. least.... i guess the arena never really used it for much at all
Thoughts on improving arena?

Hmm ... oh, right.  First, one of the comments for the "XXX Entertainer" (or "Brothel Stripper," but I think it's the former) has a somewhat annoying trigger.  Occasionally, presumably based on age, I'll get a customer heckling the performer (something like "Grandma, is that you?  Gross!"), which is fine ... it's just odd and off-putting when it's being done to a 100 Beauty, 100 Charisma, Lolita character.  I'm not sure how much more difficult it would be to implement an "If X -> Then 2 -> Unless Y" sequence, though, so I can live with the occasional odd remark if you can't get it to work or have more important things to work on.  Not a biggie.
Should be fixed.. now takes a girl with low beauty also.

Favorite Building?  Probably Home :D  Get to keep my snugglies all to myself.  Least would be ... :shrug:  I'm not sure, probably either the Hospital or the Centre, just because there's not much to do with them yet.  Well, probably the Centre - the Hospital is a Recruitment location and Doctors apparently make buckets of cash (although I'm not sure whether that goes to me or the girl, but eh), so probably the Centre.
Thoughts to improve them?

Anyway, thought of some flavor text that might or might not be worth using :shrug:
Nice have been added to fight arena girl

One thing I've been thinking for a while is whether the House should have a Nurse or Masseuse job.  It's something that seems like it'd be done (there's already a Maid and a Chef, after all), but it's also kind of a secondary position, mainly there for convenience or just to show off.
I know there's the 'Go on Adventure' thing you can do in the dialogue (although I *think* it's broken?), so maybe this could replace that?
House could get a lot of jobs most would be little more then fluff right now (which people could be cool with).. But I think i will go about adding a masseuse job soon maybe nurse idk.  But could also always add a personal body guard also.  But as I said fluff jobs for now wouldn't do much if the PC ever gets more done then they could be better.
I can't remember if Go on Adventure is broke or not but yeah its basically that but more flushed out or thats the plan.  As the girl would be gone for weeks at a time all sorts of things will happen.

I'd just like to say that even though I wasn't active on these forums for a while now doesn't mean I haven't been following the development of this game. It's certainly a delight to see that development and interest is still ongoing. You guys are all doing such a wonderful job and if it's the least I can do is encourage you to keep going on what might be the best community made game of this sort.
Always nice to see old face again.
There are a number of reasons why I think WM is so promising, but the chief of these is how easy and simple it is to add girls into the game. Even if you don't have all the picture categories, the game still substitutes one from a pool of existing images in the pack. This is something that I really appreciate and wish for it to continue being the case in the game. Like I said there are many different ways in which people can play this game, and being able to pick and choose a theme for your brothel is a great plus.
Pretty much this. Ive looked at other games of this sort that are open source code and in the end its just to hard to add girls so i just say fuck it and keep modding this instead of trying my had at them lol.
One addition to the game I would like to recommend down the road is a "prestigious slave auctioning system". This is where rare high skill/beauty/virgin slaves are sold for a much higher cost than at a public slave market. The auction is an elite building that costs a large amount of money and land to purchase, but you can sell your trained and maxed slaves in it for a much higher price as well. In general, unique slaves with high stats should be worth much more than random slaves. Maybe there could even be a different colored tiered system to rank slaves in terms of quality like in Diablo II :P
Always wanted an auction to sell girls virginity after seeing a new article a few years ago about a girl trying to do that on ebay lol.  But I have always wanted to make it really awesome and I have probably over thought it but one this will be a thing.
Anyway, at this time, we might be few in number, but great things arise from humble beginnings, so keep on rollin'!
Still a few of us kicking around hoping joey gets up with me soon always more fun if there is a few coding on the game.

Arena. Caligula all the way. Chariot races would be cool too.
Yup love arena.. I made it after watching Spartacus blood and sand great show always wanted to make it more like that.  As I said chariot races are coming sooner or later.

To make that even more complicated.
I suggested once adding a Fairy trait for girls (Tinkerbell and such) and having fairy dust "harvested" from them at the farm.
Could add a fairy trait easy enough.  But I always felt fairy dust was made from the wings of fairys... So that means u cut there wings off and then grind it up to make so figure that kills them lol.  Wouldn't want that for girls u want to keep.  But we can always discuss this further and come up with a plan.

The house but only because i never really use it.
What can be done to make it better?

My favorite building is the house, as I can keep all mai waifus nice and safe there without needing to waste space on security.
Thats why it was made.. Keep all ur favorites safe and sound and only for u to use.

Least favorite? Likely the studio, because no matter what I do I never actually make any profit out of it. I can have it fully staffed by folk with the best ratings in any given job and still turn 0 profit from any film made by it. So at this point I don't even bother with it.
This is a good point and a problem will try and look at a way to have it start making money... May take time to figure out best way to do it either by lowering the pay of girls or upping money made off movies or if both is needed.

Yeah sounds good, I would make beast have a 75% chance though or make it a choice on the percent since those are more easy to get and you get a ton of animals.
Beast dont effect her milk flow right now (going make it work) but reason for 50/50 is makes it more random if a beast is almost always sent it could get boring to see the scene but with a human there are more options.. She could send in one of the gangs to do it, or a bum off the street, or maybe she gets u to come give it a shoot.  With beast I have little imagination as its not really my thing.  So ideas for that would help.

Personally depending on how her accommodations she could get a chance for mind fucked if she is literally being treated like animal.
accommodations stuff is always welcome.  not sure about mind fucked that trait does some wacky shit. but maybe really need to go ahead and make this job work more like the puppy job and have them slowly been turned into cow girls mentally I guess

I'll think of some more ideals if you like these.
Keep them coming.

Another ideal is you could use a milker or farm hand as well if you don't have a manager. Either way, sounds awesome.
Milker maybe.. farm hand no.  Think I will stick to manager at 1st as that is the matron of the farm and I want people to be using them as they make life so much easier in game.

Longest post I have ever made lol.  But wanted to answer everything I could.  Keep it coming hell tell me what u think about every building if u want to about what jobs suck and what jobs u like.  Yes Im going to keep adding new stuff but I want to make the old stuff worth using and best way for me to know what worked and what didn't is feedback.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1559 on: August 19, 2016, 11:16:49 AM »
I'd like to change my answer!  My least favorite buildings are the Town Hall (what does Influence do, anyway?) and the Jail (which I've never used).  A couple thoughts come to mind for the Jail, at least:

* Potential recruitment of Slave-status girls, possibly other girls who were caught (so Arena, Catacombs, and Free girls could all potentially be found there).
* Reduce suspicion by sending a girl to serve the Constabulary.
* Possible avenue for attacking Rivals without using your gangs?
* Break a girl's spirit by sending her to be used.

I'm not sure how to improve the Hospital and Centre, really.  The Hospital is fine as a building, I think, and I usually have a Doctor or two and several Nurses in case someone gets hurt (IE, I beat someone to within an inch of her life in the dungeon and don't feel like throwing one of my fifty healing items at her), it's just ... :shrug:  I don't pay much attention to it.  I've used the Centre's counseling a couple times, and the normal work functions, but ... they do what they're there for, and I'm not sure how to 'improve' them.

Could add a fairy trait easy enough.  But I always felt fairy dust was made from the wings of fairys... So that means u cut there wings off and then grind it up to make so figure that kills them lol.  Wouldn't want that for girls u want to keep.  But we can always discuss this further and come up with a plan.
Have it take a certain amount of health off and either give them a temporary trait (Wingless) until they grow back, or have them go to the hospital to have them get their wings healed.  I figure if you're talking the hand-sized fairies, yeah, it would kill them, but if you have them at least child-sized they might survive.  :)