devolution

Author Topic: Girl Image Problems  (Read 3914 times)

Offline grand-scheme-of-love

Girl Image Problems
« on: September 08, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
I don't know if this is a regurgitated problem or not. But in WM there are some girls who all have the same picture, which is a girl wearing only a jacket and you can only see her from the neck down.

The problem I am experiencing with this girl, is that every time I try to go to see her gallery, the game crashes. Which is a easly avoided problem, but then I have some girls with this image, but with unique girl names. For instance, I just obtained one named Juri Han, which is a Super Street Fighter 4 Character. Her description, traits, and skills, match everything I expect the real Juri to have. So I am wondering if this is a problem with the files?

Also... I haven't tested this, but I am thinking this may be a problem with this certain game file. Because, I cannot seem to get any original girls. I have a few, but after I purchased all of them, no more seem to appear. And I was having doubles of Ibuki and another girl appear, until I set them free and fired them.

So if anyone can help me this problem or at least give me a little insight on why it occurs or if it is even fixable, that would be great. For now I think I will see if this is only a problem with this one specific game file and start a new one.

Offline ShadowMage

Re: Girl Image Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 05:26:16 PM »
I don't know if this is a regurgitated problem or not. But in WM there are some girls who all have the same picture, which is a girl wearing only a jacket and you can only see her from the neck down.

The problem I am experiencing with this girl, is that every time I try to go to see her gallery, the game crashes. Which is a easly avoided problem, but then I have some girls with this image, but with unique girl names. For instance, I just obtained one named Juri Han, which is a Super Street Fighter 4 Character. Her description, traits, and skills, match everything I expect the real Juri to have. So I am wondering if this is a problem with the files?

As much as I remember, it's caused by a missing .girlsx file (haven't gotten around to play WM again yet)

I'm not sure about the other problems your having, since I've never had those myself. So one of the gurus' with more knowledge of those problems will help you out  :)

Offline ker

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:03:25 PM »
It's from having a name in .girlsx file, but not having a directory of images for her.  So the game loads the girl, doesn't see any images for her, and uses the 'default' image.  Usually due to a misspelling or a bad edit in the .girlsx file.  Not sure if can be caused by a trailing space anymore or not.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »
So how exactly do I go about fixing this?

Just identify the girls and fix the names?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 03:21:30 AM »
Look through gamelog.txt. There should be an error message when it logs the girls loading.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 12:58:22 PM »
I didn't do it that way...

I just bought all the girls missing the images and then made sure there names matched in the Xfiles and pic files. And so now everything is working perfectly.

But, I will still check the game log to make sure i haven't missed anything.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who offered help. I really enjoy forums that respond back this quickly with accurate information.

Offline Moonchaos

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 10:30:08 AM »
that happend to me too, but for me it was my failure, cause in did have the girl in a subfolder.